• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

According to local sports news, Vlad got his permit and is very likely to start in the EL match tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing him play! :)

According to Sky Sports he's got his work permit now.

So good chance he might start with Vertonghen moving to left back.

With Rose and Kaboul looking likely to be out on Sunday, he might have to be thrown in at the deep end. Cardiff will give us a game, and I don't like the idea of having to field a patched-up defence this early in the season.

According to Sky Sports he's got his work permit now.

So good chance he might start with Vertonghen moving to left back.

From the injury thread:

https://twitter.com/physioroom

#AVB expects #Kaboul & #Dembele to be available for Sun #Rose will need a scan, although his ankle injury is not thought to b serious #Spurs
“Dembele should be okay. He felt a lot of pain when he was brought down, but now he’s steady"
“Younes felt muscle tightness in his adductor and we decided to take him off. He was struggling but he didn’t rupture anything"
“We have to be a little bit more careful with Rose. We hope it’s not serious.We have to give him one night to see the reaction"

If that's correct then Kaboul will probably start at centre back against Cardiff if we move Vertonghen to left back.

If Kaboul and Rose are out and it's between moving Vertonghen to left back with Chriches at centre back or playing either Naughton or Fryers at left back it's an interesting decision though.

From the injury thread:

If that's correct then Kaboul will probably start at centre back against Cardiff if we move Vertonghen to left back.

If Kaboul and Rose are out and it's between moving Vertonghen to left back with Chriches at centre back or playing either Naughton or Fryers at left back it's an interesting decision though.

I think if it was a home game we'd see Chriches, but away? I think Naughton at FB...

if needed its verts at CB and either naughton or chiriches at LB for me - not perfect but i'd rather leak through the wings than through the centre.

if needed its verts at CB and either naughton or chiriches at LB for me - not perfect but i'd rather leak through the wings than through the centre.

Chiriches has never played left back in his life, would be pretty silly to throw him into his first game completely out of position. I suspect Naughton will slot in at left back, Chiriches will play at Villa(assuming he has a work permit by then).

Don't expect to see much of him at all in the league this season, unless there's an injury crisis. Any starts will be against lower league opposition.

Romanian Captain, cheaper than Caulker and a lot more experienced and only a year or two older.

More experienced?

Lol. Yeah his time in the Romanian league shows he is far more prepared for the premier league than caulker, who's experience includes, oh, a decent number of games in the premier league.

Chiriches has never played left back in his life, would be pretty silly to throw him into his first game completely out of position. I suspect Naughton will slot in at left back, Chiriches will play at Villa(assuming he has a work permit by then).

yes i know that - i'm saying i'd rather Chiriches at LB rather than his first away game for us at CB. i.e. risk one position instead of two.

More experienced?

Lol. Yeah his time in the Romanian league shows he is far more prepared for the premier league than caulker, who's experience includes, oh, a decent number of games in the premier league.

international footballer, captain of the national team, **** load of European fixtures. I'd say Chichres was a lot more experienced than a second rate English centre half.

international footballer, captain of the national team, **** load of European fixtures. I'd say Chichres was a lot more experienced than a second rate English centre half.

**** load?

18? That's not a **** load, Especially considering 13 were in a single season.

International footballer for a country that's on the whole ****, that's not really a massive pro. International football is on the whole ****e.

Caulker with 40 Premier League apps is inexperienced, a league much tougher than any Chichres has currently participated in, yet Chichres has more experience?

**** me that's a ridiculous statement :ross:.

it's made even worse when you add 'oh, and Chichres is one or two years older'..

Last edited:

I dont care who you think has the most experience, I care who is the best player....

Alot of ppl thats in the known and knows a sh***load about football, rate him higher than Caulker... So in them I trust!

BTW. Got a good feeling about him... :)

I dont care who you think has the most experience, I care who is the best player....

Alot of ppl thats in the known and knows a sh***load about football, rate him higher than Caulker... So in them I trust!

Caulker is dog****. I haven't even seen Chiriches and I know he's better.

Caulker is dog****. I haven't even seen Chiriches and I know he's better.

Caulker is pretty far from dog****. He is about average for the PL, which is a step up from most other leagues. In fact, I'm a bit anxious about Chiriches as he's not that tall.

the 'reviews' I've read have been about 50/50 on him and we've gotten rid of one of the better players our academy has produced in the last five years to bring him in.

Massive risk in my mind. Going to have to see how he adapts to the league... Especially as he's already 23, he should be much closer to being the finished product being 2 years older than caulker.

No way he'd start. The likeliess thing is Naughton at LB or at a push Verts there.

Walker - Daws - Verts - Naughton

Only one change then.

Back