• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Only defender in the prem to make Stokes winger look like Cristiano Ronaldo. I seriously wonder if some of the posters have actually seen him play in real life. He is one of those defenders who puts your heart in your mouth when he has the ball and when someone is running at him with the ball. Seriously does not cut it in the prem. Same goes for Soldado cant wait to see the back of him.
I hope Poch gives a couple of our youngsters a chance rather than see either of these two in the side again

One of the most laughable moments ever in the history of the game for me was his giving the fans the "Shhhhhhh" treatment after he'd accidentally been in the right place at the far post and bundled the ball over the line off his collarbone or whatever it was against ... who was it? Burnley?

Thought he looked relatively good at RB when he needed to be and was a breath of fresh air having someone at RB calm on the ball and had the ability to play it.

This is such a sexy comment lol. We love a player with a bit of flair (although I don't think he has that much) even if he is useless in every other department.

I completely disagree. Total waste of space, no pun intended.
It's so easy to just dismiss someone as useless and state it as a fact isn't it. If he was as bad as you made out he wouldn't of made more than a handful of appearances and certainly wouldn't be captain of his country....

This is such a sexy comment lol. We love a player with a bit of flair (although I don't think he has that much) even if he is useless in every other department.
Right, so every centre forward and winger who he came up against tore him to shreds did they? No, certainly not. Has he had the occasional brain fart?yes. Is he useless?No. I suggest you look up the definition....

I suppose we all remember the brainfarts....that performance in the EL in particular stands out...that ridiculous handball at the end of the game capping of a series of errors from the Romanian.

Whilst someone who has made it to his level & national level can never be described as a useless footballer, the fact remains he has been a liability whilst playing for us, he has no pace or strength for a cb and when I watch us defending with him in the team I am practically touching cloth the whole time.

This one has really not worked out in the grand scheme of things, and I don't personally see us getting much success with Vlad in the side, and as back up he wont be happy.

I think its better all round we sell and take the hit from this transfer mistake. 4.5m and I think we should deal.

I suppose we all remember the brainfarts....that performance in the EL in particular stands out...that ridiculous handball at the end of the game capping of a series of errors from the Romanian.

Whilst someone who has made it to his level & national level can never be described as a useless footballer, the fact remains he has been a liability whilst playing for us, he has no pace or strength for a cb and when I watch us defending with him in the team I am practically touching cloth the whole time.

This one has really not worked out in the grand scheme of things, and I don't personally see us getting much success with Vlad in the side, and as back up he wont be happy.

I think its better all round we sell and take the hit from this transfer mistake. 4.5m and I think we should deal.
A fairer summary. But you are definitely wrong In saying he has no pace....

Overall he is actually a pretty good footballer, but apart from GK, CB is probably the worst possible position for him to play in. Why the hell he ended up there I will never know.

A fairer summary. But you are definitely wrong In saying he has no pace....

me wrong? well it does happen from time to time I suppose.

Lets just say I think his physical attributes are not cut out for this league....a slower paced game and he may answer the question as to why we paid what we did for him.

suprised no Italian clubs are in for him....he would thrive in serie a imo.

It's so easy to just dismiss someone as useless and state it as a fact isn't it. If he was as bad as you made out he wouldn't of made more than a handful of appearances and certainly wouldn't be captain of his country....

This a flawed argument in my opinion. That's like saying Emile Heskey must be a top/good player because he played for England 60 times. Managers and coaches make mistakes sometimes in their team selections.

Right, so every centre forward and winger who he came up against tore him to shreds did they? No, certainly not. Has he had the occasional brain fart?yes. Is he useless?No. I suggest you look up the definition....

I've looked up the definition, it fits him well.

Just because a player is not up to scratch does not mean he will get torn to shreds every week, just as a good player will not play a blinder every week.

me wrong? well it does happen from time to time I suppose.

Lets just say I think his physical attributes are not cut out for this league....a slower paced game and he may answer the question as to why we paid what we did for him.

suprised no Italian clubs are in for him....he would thrive in serie a imo.
I don't think he's badly suited to this league, just don't think he's really had a complimentary partner. Fazio would have suited him, also been a bit unlucky with injuries. It hasn't worked out, and he's made some glaring errors but is nowhere near as bad as some portray. Agree that Italy would be a good option, was linked with Roma last window....

This a flawed argument in my opinion. That's like saying Emile Heskey must be a top/good player because he played for England 60 times. Managers and coaches make mistakes sometimes in their team selections.
Getting caps and captaining your country are two different things and like I say if he was the car crash you portray he would have been shipped out a lot quicker, or at least not given the game time he has been.....

I've looked up the definition, it fits him well.

Just because a player is not up to scratch does not mean he will get torn to shreds every week, just as a good player will not play a blinder every week.
Agreed. But most of the time it was him doing something stupid in a game, not his ability as a defender overall in a match that's the issue...

Overall he is actually a pretty good footballer, but apart from GK, CB is probably the worst possible position for him to play in. Why the hell he ended up there I will never know.
Yep. For me he has the skill set of a DM rather than a CB.

Back