• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Obviously most will be celebrating his departure, but I like him - especially at RB and hes a great squad rotation guy to have. Probably better suited to Italy...

I agree he has been playing better recently also I would keep him over Kaboul as he is much younger and frankly better at this point. It is also a position where we don't have any youth players suited to step in and with Verts, Fazio and Dier we need a 4th CB for cover.

I agree he has been playing better recently also I would keep him over Kaboul as he is much younger and frankly better at this point. It is also a position where we don't have any youth players suited to step in and with Verts, Fazio and Dier we need a 4th CB for cover.

I guess ideally we'll get rid of both and bring in a new 4th CB - probably Moreno.

I agree though that Kaboul should be going before Chiriches

We've signed Yanga-Mbiwa now on a permanent deal so Chiriches is not needed.

Speaking Spurs, I'd much rather keep him for right back backup.

I like him. I think if he could be given a regular run (not going to happen because we have a first 11 which, when all available, picks itself) or if his confidence can continually be refreshed, I think there is a fine footballer in there. He does drop some monster gaffes mind...

He's essentially a less talented David Luiz. It's not just his brainfarts which are frequent and often hilarious, his positional play is poor and he dives in too much.

I like him. I think if he could be given a regular run (not going to happen because we have a first 11 which, when all available, picks itself) or if his confidence can continually be refreshed, I think there is a fine footballer in there. He does drop some monster gaffes mind...

I agree, he has ability and can cover in different positions.

His ability is his downfall - for years he has been the main man, able to dribble upfield and play exciting football... but in the Prem he just gets caught out and made to look a fool.

That game (was it in Europe?) where he was absolutely awful and then handed them the game in the last few seconds was the final straw for me... an air shot and a penalty. Yes he has some skill... but he also makes terrible errors.

looks a decent player at RB, certainly worth keeping around until we know more about Yedlin

Last edited:
Just dont think he will ever suit the English Game at cb or rb....for some reason I feel he could be useful as a Dm.

As a cb he doesnt have the strength or height,positionally he is poor which is slightly less damaging when he plays as full back.
As a rb he lacks the required pace for our style.

All in all not one of our more astute purchases in my opinion.

All of course could come back to bite me...but I feel the sensible course of action would be to cut our losses.

Just dont think he will ever suit the English Game at cb or rb....for some reason I feel he could be useful as a Dm.

As a cb he doesnt have the strength or height,positionally he is poor which is slightly less damaging when he plays as full back.
As a rb he lacks the required pace for our style.

All in all not one of our more astute purchases in my opinion.

All of course could come back to bite me...but I feel the sensible course of action would be to cut our losses.

I still think he could come good. But to come good he needs games and probably quite a few of them, he's not going to get games regularly with Walker back and Fazio-Vertonghen the preferred cb partnership and Dier looking decent at centre back.

I agree that cutting our losses makes sense.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Tottenham are reluctant to lose the defender this month and will continue to thwart Roma’s attempts until the end of the window.

Though the player is not a regular in Mauricio Pochettino’s eleven at White Hart Lane, the club are not willing to lose a defender in the middle of the season with very little time to find a replacement.

Spurs were believed to be ready to sell the Romanian for the right price and their latest stance has come as a shock for the Giallorossi.

However, Roma are expected to continue their quest for Chiriches and are hoping to tempt Spurs into parting with the former Steaua Bucharest man before the winter window slams shut. It remains to be seen if Tottenham choose to chase a replacement to allow Chiriches to make his way away from White Hart Lane.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/01/28/tottenham-hotspur-blocking-vlad-chiriches-roma-switch/185940/

When he leaves my abiding memory of this guy will after we lost 6-0 to Emirates Marketing Project. Him waiting sheepishly for an age to greet Pantilimon after the game.

Back