• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's now 6 starts for Chiriches so far this season and still not a goal conceded.

Still yet to concede with him or Sandro on the pitch this season.

Caulker may of pushed for the move, but I think we got the best end of the deal!

Vlad's only weak point is in the air, he reads the game fantasically well for a young guy, speed is excellent and looks as good as anyone on the ball!

A real coup and will be excellent for us I feel!

I like him he does look good - calm and composed to boot - unfazed by what goes around him which I like

Did really well yesterday. One top class tackle and a couple more really good ones. Dealt with Lukaku smartly I thought.

AVB hasn't really had to make any tough decisions at centre back so far this season with injuries making his decisions for him. With Kaboul returning and Chiriches performing it will be interesting to see what AVB sees as our first choice centre back pairing if we get to see all 4 centre backs fit and available with Rose back in the starting line-up at left back too.

He's a funny one Vlad... I am yet to decide whether his poor decisions and good ability will work mostly as a positive or a negative.

E.g. if he tries to win the ball ahead of the striker, goes to ground, wins it, beats another man and lays it off, that is great... but is it actually worth much compared to the possible negative of losing out to the attacker who is then through on goal?

So far every time he has been bailed out or bailed himself out and is clearly a good player... but it is a strange way to play the game.

If his tackles, decisions and runs result in goals for us then it is definitely worth it... but if it just means we pass it around a bit more and back to Lloris I wonder if it is the right approach as the downsides are seemingly inevitable and savage

Did really well yesterday. One top class tackle and a couple more really good ones. Dealt with Lukaku smartly I thought.

AVB hasn't really had to make any tough decisions at centre back so far this season with injuries making his decisions for him. With Kaboul returning and Chiriches performing it will be interesting to see what AVB sees as our first choice centre back pairing if we get to see all 4 centre backs fit and available with Rose back in the starting line-up at left back too.

Hoping all four CBs fit will allow us to build two pairs, e.g. Vert/Dawson for PL, Kaboul/Vlad for all cup games, that way they get better partnerships and also gives players like Vert and Dawson a little less playing time, and more recovery.

He's a funny one Vlad... I am yet to decide whether his poor decisions and good ability will work mostly as a positive or a negative.

E.g. if he tries to win the ball ahead of the striker, goes to ground, wins it, beats another man and lays it off, that is great... but is it actually worth much compared to the possible negative of losing out to the attacker who is then through on goal?

So far every time he has been bailed out or bailed himself out and is clearly a good player... but it is a strange way to play the game.

If his tackles, decisions and runs result in goals for us then it is definitely worth it... but if it just means we pass it around a bit more and back to Lloris I wonder if it is the right approach as the downsides are seemingly inevitable and savage

I disagree that he makes poor decisions overall.

He's made a couple of sketchy decisions in terms of retaining possession instead of clearing the ball, that's it. Other than that his decisions making has been really good from what I've seen.

You have to see the positive of his risky actions, for example in the sheriff game when he did that amazing dribble he started a counter attack from which resulted the corner verts scored from. So yes there are positives from his risky actions, plus it really demoralizes the opposition...

Hoping all four CBs fit will allow us to build two pairs, e.g. Vert/Dawson for PL, Kaboul/Vlad for all cup games, that way they get better partnerships and also gives players like Vert and Dawson a little less playing time, and more recovery.

I don't think those partnerships are cut and dried. I could see Chiriches and Verts with Walker and Rose being a fantastic back four..

You have to see the positive of his risky actions, for example in the sheriff game when he did that amazing dribble he started a counter attack from which resulted the corner verts scored from. So yes there are positives from his risky actions, plus it really demoralizes the opposition...

As I said, if his style results in goals for us then it is definitely worth it, we shall see over the course of a season but so far, so good.

I like him, think he's defended very well so far. Just occassionaly gets a bit ****y in possession, like the attempted cruyff turn to control the ball on Sunday that ended up going thru his legs and out for a throw in, I was cursing him then! Overall though, very pleased.

He looks absolutely top drawer and significantly better than any of the other younger centre backs in the league already

He intercepts rather than tackles.... It gives him momentum with his second touch and is something they preach in Spain (Alonso was a big advocate of it)

He took lukaku out of the game for the majority of it yesterday and I think we were all fearful of what damage he would to us which was nothing.

If he carries on like this he will be our first choice centre back which I'm amazed to say

=D>

2iehhgt.gif

w71VaHv.gif

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...vin-mirallas-during-everton-0-spurs-0-3-gifs/

Back