• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Don't know why. They look to play a very similar type of game. I think Austin has always been under-estimated. He has scored goals wherever he has been and in some pretty poor sides might I add. He's doing the business yet again at Southampton BTW, I don't think age can be a factor when you look at the Sissoko signing. He's 27 isn't he?

Not as good in the high pressing system? Not the right work ethics on the pitch? Not mobile enough? Not versatile enough? Not the right attitude off the pitch?

I really don't know what the actual answer is. Just that it seems likely that we had the oppportunity to sign Austin fairly cheaply and didn't do so, I'm assuming Poch had his reasons...

After Austin joined Southampton in January he made two starts and five sub appearances for a total of 208 minutes, scoring one goal. How many minutes did Janssen get before it was decided he was rubbish?

I wish. Been watching him for all the holland games and other than a blinder from 25 yards he been average at best.
I've watched him a bit in Holland last season when he was good and this season of course and the big change for Vincent is he just is not getting the same amount of time on the ball in the area in EPL.

Charlie Austin is not the answer but they are similar in many ways. Charlie is probably marginally pacier and 6 years older, but other than that not much difference. We should have had two Dembele's in the squad. Missing out on the Fulham lad was a big error IMHO.

A question for all those writing Janssen off, at what stage did you think Harry Kane wouldn't make it at Spurs?

A question for all those writing Janssen off, at what stage did you think Harry Kane wouldn't make it at Spurs?

Harry is an excellent example of "who the hell saw that coming" and I bet very few. He has I bet surprised so many, myself included and let's also hope Vincent does the same.
Vincent is not being written off by me, what I'm have been saying is he suited to EPL and especially Pochs Spurs system as we do not play anywhere as slow with an even similar system as his old club AZ?
We have to be able to question why this or that player got bought surely, or is any questions raised about a specific player recrutement seen as being disloyal?

We have to be able to question why this or that player got bought surely, or is any questions raised about a specific player recrutement seen as being disloyal?

Not disloyal but a little bit premature based on previous examples of our manager, not just at Spurs but also his previous club, turning bang average players to regular international players.

Not disloyal but a little bit premature based on previous examples of our manager, not just at Spurs but also his previous club, turning bang average players to regular international players.

Dutch football both league and international has suffered a very marked decline in the last 4-5 years. So what is viewed as good level in England is much lower in the current Netherlands football leagues. We Spurs looked to totally overlooked this and still looking for this magic "potential" from in this instance young Vincent.

Meanwhile ignoring our lower leagues. There are so many promising young players knocking around in the reserve teams in England which would have been excellent.
We should at least be attempting to buy the likes of the Tammy Abrahams of this world from Chelsea, now on loan at Bristol City, not an easy purchase and he would not come cheap, but it is the sort of player we need for our high intensity tactics.

Not writing him off by any means, but early returns haven't been super promising. Looks like he needs to play with a proper goal threat alongside him. He just doesn't look threatening in open play.

Hurry back, Harry.

Well,at least he got another goal off a penalty.
But his chances of taking a penalty against a team from a lower division or a team of kids just evaporated into the fragratn, rarified air of Anfield beneath the shadows of their new immaculate stand.

He was completely isolated tonight until Lamela came on so will cut him some slack. He does need to start making some runs behind the defence, even just so that defenders think that he might occasionally do that and cause some doubt in their minds. At the moment, a CB can get as close as they want because he never runs behind them. I don't think he's a bad player, just no convince that he's suite to our style of play

Love his hold up play, but he someone needs to tell him to attack the box more and stop straying out to the wings. A striker who is short on goals and confidence needs to do the basics right first and foremost, which is get in the box and look to score goals. Checking whether he is offside or not will also do him no harm.

I feel sorry for him, his hold up play is first class what he needs is others to run past him but i do not see a lot of that happening.

Love his hold up play, but he someone needs to tell him to attack the box more and stop straying out to the wings. A striker who is short on goals and confidence needs to do the basics right first and foremost, which is get in the box and look to score goals. Checking whether he is offside or not will also do him no harm.
How often do we play the ball into the box? Second half is arm must have about ready to drop off the amount of times he was pointing to where he wanted only for us to recycle possession.
Look at sturridge tonight, he missed 3 out of 5 and every one of them was better than anything we created.

Back