• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

He will sink or swim depending on what his manager decides
How long has he got? Till next summer then Poch will take stock! IMHO
We can chew the cud on here and that is all we are doing or ever do!

Some like him some don't which is what this place is here for - but Poch will either play more coz he think he has a chance or.....

Poch will give him at least a season
I'd say two as a minimum to be honest
He brought him, he managed him and he sees him train.

Do you not think he's playing well or something? Would you have preferred if he was absolutely terrible, assisted nothing but scored 3 goals off his arse, would that be a better return/contribution?

I dont think he is playing well. I think if we needed a hold up striker - we could have bought someone from the Championship. So far I have seen nothing in Spurs colours. I await being proven wrong. Whether Janssen plays well for us or not - I am a Spurs fan.

Did we buy Janssen to wait two years for him to come to fruition? I hope not!

We do this with too many players......We need to stop buying frogs hoping that if we kiss them they will turn in Prince's!
We need to pick Prince's from the get go!

So why did we buy him as a back up for Harry?

A variety of reasons. First, We needed back up to Harry. Not many "Princes" as you call them would come to Spurs to play that role. Also a top quality Prince is currently outside our budget in terms of both price and wages. Finally at 22 and £17m he could turn into a fantastic gem. Far, far too early to judge him IMO.

I still think we should have got that Dembele who went to Celtic, but we were not prepared to wait a few months for him.

He looks like a really good player to me.

Agreed. I said at the time we almost signed him but wouldn't apparently loan him back to Fulham for tge rest of last season, that it was a mistake. If we wanted him then, to wait half a season would not be the end of the world. Can't understand that decision.

A variety of reasons. First, We needed back up to Harry. Not many "Princes" as you call them would come to Spurs to play that role. Also a top quality Prince is currently outside our budget in terms of both price and wages. Finally at 22 and £17m he could turn into a fantastic gem. Far, far too early to judge him IMO.

It's not me judging him that he needs to worry about........I think Poch will already be doing so......

Agreed. I said at the time we almost signed him but wouldn't apparently loan him back to Fulham for tge rest of last season, that it was a mistake. If we wanted him then, to wait half a season would not be the end of the world. Can't understand that decision.

I would agree with that and also wonder if we are going to wait for Beraniho, I am still sort of thinking that we will go for him as he as a prem goal scorer and will be free next season and have a point to prove. Someone who is proven and can score goals in this league is worth their weight in gold.

Saying that I am happy with Janssen and think he looks like a good player I am just talking generally about the striking situation.

It's not me judging him that he needs to worry about........I think Poch will already be doing so......

Exactly. And for a club with Champions League ambitions, if Janssen were the third striker - it would be fine but to have only one striker at a club like Spurs is criminal. He has had pre-season and a couple of games under his belt but he is reminding me of Rasiak. The effort is there but effort doesn't count as much as goals in a match. Also 22 years old in my book means the person should be showing a bit of what they can do. Kane had less games under Poch to shine when Adebayor and Soldado were messing up.

I still think we should have got that Dembele who went to Celtic, but we were not prepared to wait a few months for him.

He looks like a really good player to me.

Always looked a good player
By the end of this sesason he will cost £25m upwards... And I think he will justify that fee for PSG

He has everything, including a good brain. He went to Celtic as he knew he would get games and champions league experience.

Always looked a good player
By the end of this sesason he will cost £25m upwards... And I think he will justify that fee for PSG

He has everything, including a good brain. He went to Celtic as he knew he would get games and champions league experience.

Very strange move by the club which has been exacerbated by the slow start of Janssen and the bloody lunacy of Sissoko purchase!

Very strange move by the club which has been exacerbated by the slow start of Janssen and the bloody lunacy of Sissoko purchase!

I get the Jansenn purchase and I'm sure he will come good of given time and games

I'm ok with Sissoko but the price was bonkers

There were better players available for less money and that's the weird thing

Remond would have been great
Brandt would have been gettable for that money too and he looks to be potentially world class

But Sissoko hasn't had a Poch pre season and again not many minutes either. I've seen him tear us apart a couple of times so he has something ... Not convinced it's a £30m something but also this summer the fees were crazy

Good thing we got rid of that Kane fella when he didn't score for two months.

That was all because of his lisp caused by a deformity in his mouth which meant he counts breath... It's true... Some expert posted it on another forum

Kane isn't injured at the moment he is having corrective mouth surgery and when he comes back he will also have special gills by hai ear so he can breath more air

I get the Jansenn purchase and I'm sure he will come good of given time and games

I'm ok with Sissoko but the price was bonkers

There were better players available for less money and that's the weird thing

Remond would have been great
Brandt would have been gettable for that money too and he looks to be potentially world class

But Sissoko hasn't had a Poch pre season and again not many minutes either. I've seen him tear us apart a couple of times so he has something ... Not convinced it's a £30m something but also this summer the fees were crazy

I don't agree re Janssen - he needed to be productive from getting match fit - The club has too much poor history with these type of long shot purchases.
The rest I agree with - except i can't sissoko being anything special after 200 Poch pre seasons.;)

I don't agree re Janssen - he needed to be productive from getting match fit - The club has too much poor history with these type of long shot purchases.
The rest I agree with - except i can't sissoko being anything special after 200 Poch pre seasons.;)

As I said earlier Jansenn has had so little game time in reality and were unbeaten with him playing, with a very good start.

The game we lost he came on and set up a decent chance for Kane

I'd be more concerned if he was missing loads of chances but he isn't get any if many and that's really poor from the team

That was all because of his lisp caused by a deformity in his mouth which meant he counts breath... It's true... Some expert posted it on another forum

Kane isn't injured at the moment he is having corrective mouth surgery and when he comes back he will also have special gills by hai ear so he can breath more air

Probably the same expert(s) who said they could tell that Jan did not want to be here because of his body language.

Back