• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

How many more games are we going to give Janssen? I think people are over playing the 'give him more time' card. He has had more time. Ok lets give him till end of November.

Until Kane is fit I think he should be starting, especially against teams playing defensively. His hold up play is very good IMO. The goals will only come if he's given the chances.

A variety of reasons. First, We needed back up to Harry. Not many "Princes" as you call them would come to Spurs to play that role. Also a top quality Prince is currently outside our budget in terms of both price and wages. Finally at 22 and £17m he could turn into a fantastic gem. Far, far too early to judge him IMO.

Perhaps if we hadn't blown 47 million on Janssen and Sissoko? 47 million, you can buy a great player for that.

How many more games are we going to give Janssen? I think people are over playing the 'give him more time' card. He has had more time. Ok lets give him till end of November.

What do you suggest we do either now or at the end of November if people are over giving him more time?

I see your angle and it is a good one. If he still hasnt adapted, I would give Shayon an opportunity perhaps limited time or move Son there.

Assuming Pochettino follows your advice and Son and Shayon are given whatever game time Kane allows for our backup strikers what happens with Janssen going forward in your opinion? Get rid of him in January if we can? Keep him on the bench or in the stands and sell him in the summer?

Perhaps if we hadn't blown 47 million on Janssen and Sissoko? 47 million, you can buy a great player for that.

Yea but then we'd still need a sissoko type AM player as well for the squad, as with your 47m you've only bought 1 player (assuming a 47m class player would agree to join us anyway?).

Also you have the issue of spending 47m on 1 striker, so he's starting when fit right? So what do you do with Kane now?

I don't think sissoko is that great but I understand the thinking behind getting a direct player like that in, it's just it should have been Mane instead!

Yea but then we'd still need a sissoko type AM player as well for the squad, as with your 47m you've only bought 1 player (assuming a 47m class player would agree to join us anyway?).

Also you have the issue of spending 47m on 1 striker, so he's starting when fit right? So what do you do with Kane now?

I don't think sissoko is that great but I understand the thinking behind getting a direct player like that in, it's just it should have been Mane instead!

This
But Mane is capable of having a big sulks, not sure attitude and wages would be to Poch and Levy's liking.

A direct and attacking midfielder...who never scores!

If I were a striker I'd never join a Poch team that doesn't make space for a striker to turn into, and doesn't take enough risks with early crosses and shots from outside the box. Might be different if I'm an AM though.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

A direct and attacking midfielder...who never scores!

Did you understand the point I made on getting that type of player in? I was meaning the direct and attacking part, not the doesn't score part! I thought I was fairly clear when I said that I didn't really rate him as well?!

It seems your problem is with sissoko rather than Jansen and your taking it out on the young back up striker we bought for relative peanuts, whose performing rather well and assisted a few goals already! Is that fair to say?

Did you understand the point I made on getting that type of player in? I was meaning the direct and attacking part, not the doesn't score part! I thought I was fairly clear when I said that I didn't really rate him as well?!

It seems your problem is with sissoko rather than Jansen and your taking it out on the young back up striker we bought for relative peanuts, whose performing rather well and assisted a few goals already! Is that fair to say?

Sorry I never meant to give that impression. Yes, I think Janssen has been better than Sissoko, but not by much. The purchase off Sissoko reminds me of the time Liverpool bought Papa Dioup after one over hyped match for Senegal in the World Cup. His (Sissoko's) record has never been much good in top flight football, or his attitude for that matter. I'm sure that the injury to Kane has made Poch regret getting rid of Chadli. We should never have sold him IMO.

Last edited:
Doesn't really work that way. If we get rid of Hugo, Toby, Erik and Harry, dosen't mean we can afford Messis salary.

You are setting up straw men there with the Messi analogy. It's not about that. 47 million would have enabled us, or at least should have enabled us to get in a decent player and one tested at Premier league level. There's one doing a pretty good job at Southampton right now, who we should have got in and he would have been a lot cheaper than Janssen

Sorry I never meant to give that impression. Yes, I think Janssen has been better than Sissoko, but not by much. The purchase off Sissoko reminds me of the time Liverpool bought Papa Dioup after one over hyped match for Senegal in the world Cup. His (Sissoko's) record has never been much good in top flight football, or his attitude for that matter. I'm sure that the injury to Kane has made Poch regret getting rid of Chadli. we should never have sold him IMO.

Totally agree - but hind sight etc.......especially on Harry injury.
The other two purchases feel like we have regressed and not learned anything over the last 10 or so years of transfers.

Albert Einstein “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

You are setting up straw men there with the Messi analogy. It's not about that. 47 million would have enabled us, or at least should have enabled us to get in a decent player and one tested at Premier league level. There's one doing a pretty good job at Southampton right now, who we should have got in and he would have been a lot cheaper than Janssen

You don't think it could be that the 22 year old Janssen could develop into a better player than the 27 year old Austin?

Pochettino reportedly turned down signing Austin when he was very much available and fairly cheap last summer. Perhaps that was because he didn't think Austin would be a good fit in our team?

You don't think it could be that the 22 year old Janssen could develop into a better player than the 27 year old Austin?

Pochettino reportedly turned down signing Austin when he was very much available and fairly cheap last summer. Perhaps that was because he didn't think Austin would be a good fit in our team?

Don't know why. They look to play a very similar type of game. I think Austin has always been under-estimated. He has scored goals wherever he has been and in some pretty poor sides might I add. He's doing the business yet again at Southampton BTW, I don't think age can be a factor when you look at the Sissoko signing. He's 27 isn't he?

Back