• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Danny Murphy said:
Look around at other big clubs, what are Tottenham going to do in the next few weeks to stay up with them. They might not need to but I think they need to.

I know they've spent heavily on Janssen but us at Fulham bought Bryan Ruiz from Holland and he struggled. He was a super talent, great technician but struggled to come to terms with the Premier League.

There's no guarantee this guy can come over here and pull up trees. It's a risk, a signing that has potential. I think they need to do more.

Graeme Souness said:
They’ve signed Vincent Janssen on the back of one good season at AZ Alkmaar. That’s a gamble when you look at Memphis Depay, who was meant to be the best player in Holland when he went to Manchester United. It’s not the strongest league in Europe.

And these people are being paid a small fortune to give us their "expert" insight.

Danny Murphy knows what he's talking about when it's goal scorers
"Benteke is not firing on all cylinders YET but he has still got two goals in five games, so he is still contributing, and there is DEFINITELY more to come from him. He will be full of confidence now after his wonder goal against United" 13 Sept 2015

Like most pundits they all talk a good game but that's as far as it goes, Garry Neville is a example who talks the talk but so far in Spain and for England he has failed to walk the walk.

I dont see any PL team that has spent big money on any PL proven players.
So by that logic it's they're all gambles.

I dont see any PL team that has spent big money on any PL proven players.
So by that logic it's they're all gambles.

The difference is we don't need Janssen to be a hit from day one, he is cover/plan B.

And that's really the big difference between us and everyone else, our first 11 was up to the task last season, our depth and plan B wasn't. Most of the traditional top 6 simply weren't good enough last season and need to make first team 11 (and manager changes). That means their buys have more pressure to make instant impact.

The difference is we don't need Janssen to be a hit from day one, he is cover/plan B.

And that's really the big difference between us and everyone else, our first 11 was up to the task last season, our depth and plan B wasn't. Most of the traditional top 6 simply weren't good enough last season and need to make first team 11 (and manager changes). That means their buys have more pressure to make instant impact.
Exactly the point I'm making, our big signing is a squad player who isn't PL proven. The rest have all bought first team players who are not PL proven, so if Jansen is a gamble then so is every other non proven pl player.
Their gamble is bigger than ours. Why Murphy had picked on Jansen shows the level on the man.

Exactly the point I'm making, our big signing is a squad player who isn't PL proven. The rest have all bought first team players who are not PL proven, so if Jansen is a gamble then so is every other non proven pl player.
Their gamble is bigger than ours. Why Murphy had picked on Jansen shows the level on the man.

He was probably asked to comment on our transfer activity and not having a clue he came came up with some gonad*s. Two months ago he wouldn't have known who Janssen was and I highly doubt he's been watching recordings of all his games last season since then. As we all know, spending big on transfers is more important than what you do in training and all players from a perceived weaker league are just generic copies of each other.

Murphy does not realise that Spurs of last year and Fulham of his day are poles apart, we need one or two to add and finish a puzzle, they needed 3/4 to stay competitive.

Souness I like alot, but he has just been lazy there.

Chelsea and Kante is the only one I can think of straight away.
Unless you count the purchases of Jordan Ibe and Joe Allen...
Exactly, no team has really strengthened with proven PL players. Janssen at the price is a small gamble, the other big teams are taking big risks.

It's all about the big names and big money for the pundits, it seems.

Janssen is not remotely as sexy as Zlatan for them - unless, of course, Manure bought him.

It's all about the big names and big money for the pundits, it seems.

Janssen is not remotely as sexy as Zlatan for them - unless, of course, Manure bought him.
Zlatan and Pogba are eyeballs and eyeballs = £$€
Pundits are paid by SKY and SKY need a successful Manchester United to thrive.
This also applies to Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal and just City.
Got nothing to do with Sport its to do with bums on seats and merchandise and people buying TV subscriptions.

Zlatan and Pogba are eyeballs and eyeballs = £$€
Pundits are paid by SKY and SKY need a successful Manchester United to thrive.
This also applies to Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal and just City.
Got nothing to do with Sport its to do with bums on seats and merchandise and people buying TV subscriptions.
I don't think there is any sort of Sky agenda here at all. Big money, big name signings just naturally generate more interest than those of lower cost, less well known players. Pretty much everyone has seen Pogba and (especially) Ibrahimovic play many games, whereas the number of people who would've watched (e.g.) Janssen would be FAR lower.

I don't think there is any sort of Sky agenda here at all. Big money, big name signings just naturally generate more interest than those of lower cost, less well known players. Pretty much everyone has seen Pogba and (especially) Ibrahimovic play many games, whereas the number of people who would've watched (e.g.) Janssen would be FAR lower.

It's not a Sky agenda as much as an EPL fact of life! Manchester United have the most fans by a long way world wide. It's why they get so much coverage on ALL media. That permeates it way through all news stories on every platform.

Jose or Zlatan farts and we hear about it!

It's not a Sky agenda as much as an EPL fact of life! Manchester United have the most fans by a long way world wide. It's why they get so much coverage on ALL media. That permeates it way through all news stories on every platform.

Jose or Zlatan farts and we hear about it!
The bigger the ego the stinkier the fart.

Phwor! :rolleyes:

Jose or Zlatan farts and we hear about it![/QUOTE]
What if it is a silent one?

Scary to think that players like Benteke and Yannick Bolasie are expected to go for the same amount as the combined cost Janssen and Wanyama

Back