• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

A lot of us saw him in England vs Holland and he came on and changed the game with his strength and running. He's a great player, bit of a rough touch but with his strength he will do very well in the prem. I also think if defenders try to mark him tightly they'll be sorry - I think you'll see a lot of him rolling his defender with strength in the penalty box when that happens.

He looks to give us something we've lacked for the last 2 years, someone to lead the line if Kane is not there. I'm sure they can and will play together as both have the will to make runs and link up play. I know little about him but was impressed by his strength and his work rate.

Kane has his off-days once in a while (mostly when he's tired from playing too much, I feel). I think we'll see Kane coming off at half-time for Janssen to have a go when we're playing a team like Stoke or Palace and having trouble penetrating, more then we'll see them playing together.

From what I saw of the Inter game ( admitedly only one game and a friendly at that ) I was impressed by VJ. Like Billyiddo, I now think we have great options up front to play in a variety of different and interchangeable ways. For those teams which park the bus, or where we need a goal, either Dier or Dembele could potentially be sacrificed to accommodate both Kane and VJ playing together.

I personally think Kane is too good to play further back (@parklane1 just watch Kane's open play snap goal against Inter - the boys a finisher itss what he does best). But if we see it, I'm sure Poch will have Janssen and Kane rotating. Making it hard for defenders to pick them up. Both could drop deeper, pass and move making it hard to track them. Janssen's passing and hold up play can work deeper, but he does like to play on the shoulder of defenders too.

He'll start on the bench against everton won't he?

I personally think Kane is too good to play further back (@parklane1 just watch Kane's open play snap goal against Inter - the boys a finisher itss what he does best). But if we see it, I'm sure Poch will have Janssen and Kane rotating. Making it hard for defenders to pick them up. Both could drop deeper, pass and move making it hard to track them. Janssen's passing and hold up play can work deeper, but he does like to play on the shoulder of defenders too.

He'll start on the bench against everton won't he?

Was that not started with a lay back from Janssen? and that is the type of goal he will score more of by playing behind Jannsen.

As i say its all down to Poch but for the short time he played with Janssen against Milan is was mostly deeper. As for Janssen starting against Everton i would doubt it and expect him to be on the Bench.

Was that not started with a lay back from Janssen? and that is the type of goal he will score more of by playing behind Jannsen.

As i say its all down to Poch but for the short time he played with Janssen against Milan is was mostly deeper. As for Janssen starting against Everton i would doubt it and expect him to be on the Bench.

No pass from Lamela with Kane receiving the ball 1-1 against the last defender. Kane checks to make space and smashes the ball home.

I stand corrected, i was sure Janssen was in the build up.

It would be great to see them play together. I don't think they'll start games together initially (if they did we'd need to sign another striker). But if we're losing a game, we will see them playing together! So Poch will be preparing for that scenario you'd think, with both interchanging, taking turns to drop off/play on the last man.

It would be great to see them play together. I don't think they'll start games together initially (if they did we'd need to sign another striker). But if we're losing a game, we will see them playing together! So Poch will be preparing for that scenario you'd think, with both interchanging, taking turns to drop off/play on the last man.

As i say i am sure we will see them together in some games, it was the Alli goal that i got confused with that Janssen set up :oops:

Have Kane and Janssen been on the pitch together in pre-season? You'd think that in training Poch has tried and scoped it never the less.

Was Kane a little deeper did you notice? Poch seems to love his fluid systems with players interchanging. Would think he'd try it with Kane and Janssen, hoping to leave defenders guessing and pulled out of position.

Was Kane a little deeper did you notice? Poch seems to love his fluid systems with players interchanging. Would think he'd try it with Kane and Janssen, hoping to leave defenders guessing and pulled out of position.

I'd say Jannsen spent most of his time at #9, he's a physical presence, probably more than Kane and it worried their back line. With that said, he wasn't immobile, he roamed about and all three of Kane, Alli and Lamela got in advance of him to good effect. When defending, Kane was definitely the #10.

I'd say Jannsen spent most of his time at #9, he's a physical presence, probably more than Kane and it worried their back line. With that said, he wasn't immobile, he roamed about and all three of Kane, Alli and Lamela got in advance of him to good effect. When defending, Kane was definitely the #10.

That's how i saw it as well.

They had 15-20 minutes together against Inter, when we looked our best.
And we looked our best because Inter completely gave up. To the extent Mancini got sacked. But I agree Kane and Janssen can play together to awesome effect.

Back