• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

We might need to consider buying another #9 to back him up if he put in more performances like today. His presence was enough to have the Everton defenders putting it out straight away just because they thought he was near.

We might need to consider buying another #9 to back him up if he put in more performances like today. His presence was enough to have the Everton defenders putting it out straight away just because they thought he was near.

i agree. Just making that change changed the formation and tactics and gave Everton something else to think about. Poch needs to do more of this, surprise the opponents because the starting team and the way we play is just so obvious that the opposition know exactly how to deal with it.

i would start some games with Janssen and Harry and like you said we could do with another striker on the bench. Maybe promote Harrison.

He looks hungry, has a deft eye for goal. Couple of good/great seasons with us, and in CL no less, we could sell him on for a huge price. Better yet, we keep him and win things !

Nice and direct, power, pace and shot - keep it up young man !

I agree with the above posts, he looks a good player. Changed us today and nearly won it for us. He looks fired up and ready to work hard. That kind of player goes far under Poch. Excited.

We need to start with our best foot forward and I think home to Palace that might be with 2 strikers upfront

Hazza is still the man (robbed by an awful Atkinson decision first-half) but no doubt Jansen has earned a start. Great player for sure.

Hazza is still the man (robbed by an awful Atkinson decision first-half) but no doubt Jansen has earned a start. Great player for sure.

I am glad someone else thought this. That was a classic 50-50, shoulder to shoulder challenge and I couldn't believe he got called for a foul. Had he been the one to go down there is no way he'd have won a penalty.

Oh, thought Jansen was very good today, especially as it was his first prem game. He didn't look the least bit off the pace.

I am glad someone else thought this. That was a classic 50-50, shoulder to shoulder challenge and I couldn't believe he got called for a foul. Had he been the one to go down there is no way he'd have won a penalty.

Oh, thought Jansen was very good today, especially as it was his first prem game. He didn't look the least bit off the pace.

said exactly the same and then Lamela got barged/sandwiched with that late header, so by Atkinson's Law, should've been a clear pen!!!!

Need to sign an attacker who can come in for any of the three behind Kane and who can have a similar impact to Janssen today. Onomah isn't close to the level where he's able to have that impact yet, Chadli is off, Son is apparently out of favour and Njie is extremely raw and almost solely about pace rather than creativity

Need to sign an attacker who can come in for any of the three behind Kane and who can have a similar impact to Janssen today. Onomah isn't close to the level where he's able to have that impact yet, Chadli is off, Son is apparently out of favour and Njie is extremely raw and almost solely about pace rather than creativity
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing too. We need a wildcard type to give us something completely different when we are hitting a brick wall.

based on his cameo, i think he will be a cracking signing ..but what the feck do i know.

No, he's in Brazil, remember

The rumours though were that Poch didn't rate him any more, hence being hauled off at HT in the final game of last season. I guess we'll know as soon as he's back, however us signing someone above him in the pecking order would be a clear sign

Back