• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

they both are only "a steal" :confused: £47m - when they do their job they were bought to do e.g Wanyama!

That's about opinion, Jansen's doing his job for the team, i'm happy with him.

Not sure why you've quoted 47m, why are you saying both are a steal, I think your getting a bit confused?

That's about opinion, Jansen's doing his job for the team, i'm happy with him.

Not sure why you've quoted 47m, why are you saying both are a steal, I think your getting a bit confused?

Sorry, Sissoko purchase baffles me £30m
Janssen @£17m imho is not and will not become a good EPL front man.(hope i'm talking out of backside;)) but I fear not.
Together I think it is £47m badly spent.

Toby = Steal
Wanyama = Steal

Janssen = Jury still out..

Good point, however they are some who have already made their mind up that he is not good enough ( so the jury is missing some sense), how a kid who has come from a different country, a much slower ( and physical league) can be judged after a hand full of games is beyond me.

Those writing Janssen off are probably the same who wrote off Berbatov at a similar stage of his Tottenham career.

The guy's clearly got ability. I never watched him in Holland I've made that opinion since he signed for us. But he needs playing time and more coaching. I'm not sure if he'll ever be as prolific a goalscorer as our main striker but his hold up play has been very impressive IMO.

Good point, however they are some who have already made their mind up that he is not good enough ( so the jury is missing some sense), how a kid who has come from a different country, a much slower ( and physical league) can be judged after a hand full of games is beyond me.

its scary times but something out fans do a lot ... Pile on the pressure and see if they can sink

The players who hit the ground Running at the club are rare and it's even harder in a top team which despite the complaints we now are

I really rate Mikhtran (the and United signed form Dortmund whose name I can't spell). He has been worse than Jansenn yet no one mentions him as a flop or a failure because he has a track record elsewhere... xhaxa has came in this year with a fee and a big rep, yet I don't think many neutrals would be saying he has looked like a success yet!!

There are plenty who need time and plenty who dont achieve what is hoped but they still get that chance you hope from the club and the fans

its scary times but something out fans do a lot ... Pile on the pressure and see if they can sink

The players who hit the ground Running at the club are rare and it's even harder in a top team which despite the complaints we now are

All fans do it, it's not a Spurs thing.

Are we questioning Son? He had longer and showed less.

Think Poch should have left Janssen up top and let Son play off him, with Eriksen as a sub - in hindsight!

I really rate Mikhtran (the and United signed form Dortmund whose name I can't spell). He has been worse than Jansenn yet no one mentions him as a flop or a failure because he has a track record elsewhere... xhaxa has came in this year with a fee and a big rep, yet I don't think many neutrals would be saying he has looked like a success yet!!

There are plenty who need time and plenty who dont achieve what is hoped but they still get that chance you hope from the club and the fans

Indeed, i think its down to the world we live in and the " i want it and i want in now".

Indeed, i think its down to the world we live in and the " i want it and i want in now".

The guy is currently a 1 in 2 striker at international level playing for a poor Holland side. He scored a hatful last year playing for an average club side. He is young and learning yet has a solid record in a limited period

He needs time and patience and when he gets games be needs to be trusted which currently be isn't IMO. That doesn't help a players confidence. He took his goal the other week for Holland like a player who knew how good he was, he has a swagger about himself. For us he looks nervous and scared.

He needs 90 minutes under his belt not 60 minute starts and 30 minute cameos

The guy is currently a 1 in 2 striker at international level playing for a poor Holland side. He scored a hatful last year playing for an average club side. He is young and learning yet has a solid record in a limited period

He needs time and patience and when he gets games be needs to be trusted which currently be isn't IMO. That doesn't help a players confidence. He took his goal the other week for Holland like a player who knew how good he was, he has a swagger about himself. For us he looks nervous and scared.

Agreed. And Poch not starting him against Bournemouth would not exactly have helped his confidence. He should be our CF in all games until Kane returns - unless there are exceptional circumstances like against City. He needs a run of games to get up to speed.

He's done pretty well in most games - hold up play last tues was exceptional. He's an asset and I think that after soldado people are going big early on him that he will be a flop. He holds the ball, brings others into play and contributes to our side (unlike Soldado). He is doing fine and we need to give him far longer to make a judgement.

Kane is back soon and he will be better for the experience he has early on in his Spurs career

How many more games are we going to give Janssen? I think people are over playing the 'give him more time' card. He has had more time. Ok lets give him till end of November.

How many more games are we going to give Janssen? I think people are over playing the 'give him more time' card. He has had more time. Ok lets give him till end of November.

That would give him the equivalent of probably 10 whole games in total .... I'm guessing that by the way

I'd say he needs a whole season before you can judge and maybe then that's early

I'm sure there are people on here talking about how good Zlatan would be in this league yet for me he looks worse than Jansenn. Peopel also said Bony would be a decent signing... He hasn't scored a goal and looks atrocious.

When Danny Rose was Jansens age there were plenty on here discussing how poor he was... He is now for me the best left back in the league... I appreciate that isn't as a centre forward but it's relevant as he had time and arguably no pressure as no one expected anything of him

Get real. Lamela took TWO seasons before he really started playing like a Premier League player.

Do you not think he's playing well or something? Would you have preferred if he was absolutely terrible, assisted nothing but scored 3 goals off his arse, would that be a better return/contribution?

Here, here

He will sink or swim depending on what his manager decides
How long has he got? Till next summer then Poch will take stock! IMHO
We can chew the cud on here and that is all we are doing or ever do!

Some like him some don't which is what this place is here for - but Poch will either play more coz he think he has a chance or.....

Last edited:
Back