• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Shakes head. I am not seeing what you guys are seeing in Spurs colours.

It's all about hope over expectation.

His forte is bringing others into play, but we are not WBA.

That was my forth game watching Vince in the last two weeks and overall he is not IMHO what we need.

But I know this manager will sort it one way or another and quickly!

Last edited:
We haven't had enough time to see anything either way

We've seen that he has the strength of an ox, which is mightily impressive when combined with the fact that he can also do a pretty little layoff when called upon - we've also seen that he's been reluctant to make runs beyond the defense at times, has struggled to fashion shooting chances and has missed most of the ones he has been presented with.

A mixed bag, in other words. Which is perhaps to be expected, but is worth pointing out nonetheless.

We've seen that he has the strength of an ox, which is mightily impressive when combined with the fact that he can also do a pretty little layoff when called upon - we've also seen that he's been reluctant to make runs beyond the defense at times, has struggled to fashion shooting chances and has missed most of the ones he has been presented with.

A mixed bag, in other words. Which is perhaps to be expected, but is worth pointing out nonetheless.

I have also noticed that he cant time his runs well!!

His runs don't exist he always comes short very few run forward to stretch the game.
He is working his socks off but I'm sadly not sure it going to be enough.
Let's give him time and Poch will sort it.

Maybe it's just him adjusting to the pace of the league? I dunno, really. Janssen's in that weird position where I think he improves the side when he plays, but he isn't personally doing the job he's supposed to be doing. I don't mind him playing, but his faults have to be ironed out. Not the worst problem to have, mind. :)

Shakes head. I am not seeing what you guys are seeing in Spurs colours.

Its ok, I completely agree.

So VJ was given the no.9 shirt and put upfront as the lone striker. I'm sure Peter Crouch was impressed with his hold up play but thats apparently all he has to his game. The last 5 mins of the game was a microcosm of his ineptitude, he ran into a hopelessly offside position when we were countering and pushing for a winner so he couldn't be passed to and then a minute later he had a half chance he ballooned into row Q.
I don't care what he did for Holland midweek or last week, he's a square peg in a round hole of tottenham, his lack of mobility really showed today and he just doesn't get into scoring positions like good strikers do, a penalty against a league 1 side says it all for me.

He works hard and his general play is good. However, it doesn't come easy for him. He doesn't look like a natural footballer if you know what I mean. Looks like he has to work extremely hard for everything he does. It's not fluent and natural. It all looks rather forced and tense.

He works hard and his general play is good. However, it doesn't come easy for him. He doesn't look like a natural footballer if you know what I mean. Looks like he has to work extremely hard for everything he does. It's not fluent and natural. It all looks rather forced and tense.

Very good assessment - you wonder who scouted him, we can't be the only people who see this.

We maybe hope Poch can sprinkle some magic footballing dust?

Maybe it's just him adjusting to the pace of the league? I dunno, really. Janssen's in that weird position where I think he improves the side when he plays, but he isn't personally doing the job he's supposed to be doing. I don't mind him playing, but his faults have to be ironed out. Not the worst problem to have, mind. :)

How job first and foremost is to be part of the team though surely and as you say he is doing that

It's not like he is getting gilt edge chances every game

Why worries me is how often he gets it and he isn't on space. He never seems to get a bal to move onto

But it's crazy to judge a player this early.

Superb first half. Want him to try turning his man now and again. He can hold off the big CBs, and lay it off no problem, can he also turn them? I think so. He also needs to be thinking more selfishly, rather than for the team always. Where should he position himself to score, is that what he should be thinking.

Ideally he'd get a run of games, never easy for a forward, or anyone, to come in and out. I'd keep playing him now until Kane is back.

How job first and foremost is to be part of the team though surely and as you say he is doing that

It's not like he is getting gilt edge chances every game

Why worries me is how often he gets it and he isn't on space. He never seems to get a bal to move onto

But it's crazy to judge a player this early.

Yeah, he's there to do a job for the team, but that shouldn't mean his personal role as an intended goalscorer should unduly suffer because of it. Same with Chadders, from the opposite angle - he routinely scored blooters, but he'd be invisible for the ninety minutes preceding them, which meant his contribution to the team suffered even as his personal share of goals remained steady. Both are unbalanced.

I agree, it's too soon to judge him, but we can still basically tally up what he's doing right and wrong so far, *without* casting aspersions about whether his purchase was justified.

Ideally he'd get a run of games, never easy for a forward, or anyone, to come in and out. I'd keep playing him now until Kane is back.

Nah, I think Son deserves more time up front, and we should give him that time over Janssen, imo.

Yeah, he's there to do a job for the team, but that shouldn't mean his personal role as an intended goalscorer should unduly suffer because of it. Same with Chadders, from the opposite angle - he routinely scored blooters, but he'd be invisible for the ninety minutes preceding them, which meant his contribution to the team suffered even as his personal share of goals remained steady. Both are unbalanced.

I agree, it's too soon to judge him, but we can still basically tally up what he's doing right and wrong so far, *without* casting aspersions about whether his purchase was justified.

Nah, I think Son deserves more time up front, and we should give him that time over Janssen, imo.

Until Kane is back, I'd play both. We saw Son play off the big Dutchman successful before. Son couldn't hold off defenders like Janssen did. Had Eriksen or Lamela or Alli slotted home from one of Janssen's lay offs, would you be saying the same thing now?

Yes, play both
We need goalz goalz goalz

It felt like a controlled performance today, keeping them hemmed in, getting half chances, trying... but not a ruthless, league-winning, lung screaming attack to the death.

You know how sometimes in the last 5 minutes you can feel a goal is inevitable... in the first half it felt like Spurs were pressing well and doing good things, but we weren't absolutely ruthlessly bashing, ripping, shredding them... just playing nicely and thinking we'll be OK in the second half so it doesn't matter that much

Back