• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

And considering how cack Liverpool's defence has been already conceding 5 goals that is more the reason I would start both of them.

Janssen is undroppable right now. Fit, sharp, tireless effort, ideal Poch player

Poch on Janssen after the match: “I am happy with Vincent Janssen, he was fantastic and created a lot of chances. I am happy with the way he works and fights, the supporters see he is a fighter."

@StephenH It does not seem Poch is talking about a player he is just about to drop next week

I'm very impressed with his play. Obviously a real shame he shanked that 1-on-1 wide with his right, he is pretty left footed. Hope he is mentally strong and just gets on with it.

His touch has been good as well, I thought it was a bit loose in pre-season games but it has looked very good.

Having players that are aware and football-intelligent is such a bonus. The forwards all know where each other are, where the run might be, all looking for the right passes. Hopefully it will all click and the ball will start bouncing in.

What I'm a bit worried about is that a lot of prominent reports indicated that Janssen was two-footed, based on his record last season. If that miss was down to him being on his weaker foot, then correspondingly, that 'two-footed' stuff is wrong.

So do we need to go looking for a third striker now or are we saying that we will rotate those two (Kane and Janssen) with Son?

His holding off defenders when receiving the ball is as strong as I've ever seen, and his work rate is phenomenal! Was very impressed with him today. MOM for me, even with that awful miss.

So do we need to go looking for a third striker now or are we saying that we will rotate those two (Kane and Janssen) with Son?

We are in 4 competitions, in particular we are in the CL and we want to battle for the title, of course we need a third striker. Son is not a striker, more a wing forward

Occasionally I am sure Kane and Janssen will be rotated however I think they will often start together because they look like they work.

Movement for the miss was perfect. Many on here worried he lacked pace, but he uses the pace he has well, and he's not slow. Loves putting it about and he's hungry! Just a rush of blood with the miss, he needs to get the first goal out the way, take the pressure off. He had that point blank shot somehow saved last week, and that one today, so he'll be feeling the pressure now.

But his all round game more than makes up for it, and he's doing everything right, getting into the right positions.

Not sure about moving the leagues top scorer away from goal, but if both can get in a rhythm of scoring regularly, then it will validate the two playing with Kane deeper.

Yeah, his all-round game was good,so I'm not concerned. But then again, I said the same thing about Bobby.

Janssen did more in his first full game than Soldado did in his first season!

Agree with you... had he hit the back of the net with that one-on-one, everyone on this board would be creaming their pants about his contribution and no-one - bar none - would even consider dropping him for the Liverpool game. Well.. know what? Kane has missed a few sitters as well in his career; all strikers do.

He was impressive yesterday, fighting for the ball, creating, all whilst having to deal with more than a little pushing, pulling and shoving from Palace, most of which seemed to go unnoticed by the ref. He certainly didn't look like a player new to this league - except maybe that he was clearly totally knackered by the end, when at the final whistle he sunk to the ground and just lay there for a while. He had worked extremely hard. Shame about missing that sitter - premature celebrations quickly turned to stunned disbelief!
I don't think this will be anything like Soldado. Just on today's display he clearly isn't a player who is going to be dependent on others setting up chances for him.
Start him next week. He will score, I'm sure.

So tongue in cheek based on yesterday's performance (shouldn't really judge) we have signed the Dutch troy Deeney

Jannsen is energetic yes, but it is still for me very early days for the lad.
Well of course it's early days for him,he's appeared in two competitive games.

Yet the fact he's already slotted in seamlessly is a good sign,and the fact is right now he's undroppable....

Back