• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I suspect Poch is intelligent enough to understand that there's more to transfers than "Me want new shiny, pay twice the price for new shiny"

I suspect (and I know you agree with me) that AVB was intelligent enough to understand that as well.

Didn't prevent him saying he wasn't properly backed and that he never got the players he wanted after he resigned. It's not that much of a stretch to assume that such things won't be laid out publically until they become breaking points in the coach-chairman relationship (perhaps after a run of poor results), and that Poch's gruelling pre-seasons mean that getting a player in early may be as important to him as getting the right players in was to AVB.

All speculation, of course (save for AVB's public statements, those are a matter of public record), but the longer we delay, the less time Janssen has to spend in our pre-season regime, which means more time spent acclimatizing while the season gets underway and the more likely it is that we're forced to play an exhausted Harry again after affording him just a few weeks' worth of vacation.

Poch has said that he prefers his signings to have a full pre-season with the rest of the squad. Janssen has said that he much prefers to have a full pre-season with the rest of his team-mates, which is why he wants the transfer done swiftly. So, the people holding up the deal are ourselves and AZ - can't even argue that the player's waiting on a better offer or something, because it's clearly all done with him.

This needs to be done soon, or it becomes somewhat hard to see it as anything other than backsliding into being cheap for the sake of being cheap, backing the manager be damned. Hopefully the next few days (maybe even the next 24 hours) bring closure in this regard.

The Dutch Twitterverse is alive with reports that VJ is in or en route to London for a medical with Spurs after a 20 million Euro fee agreed.

(Cue airport photos in 3...2...1....)

Last edited:
Yeah, seems a few Dutch newspapers are saying we've had a twenty mill offer accepted. Fingers crossed!

Based on this from Wikipedia, sounds like he'll fit right in with Kane....

"After two seasons with Almere, he moved to Eredivisie side AZ Alkmaar. In his first season there, he did not score in his first eight matches for the club but went on to score 20 league goals in the second half of the season—the first player to achieve this feat in 52 years—,[3] and became the top scorer of the Eredivisie with a total of 27 goals."​

I dont watch dutch football so I can only go off his Youtube videos, which I know can make anyone look good.

I gotta say I really like the look of this guy, he looks like a more physical Van Persie to me. You can almost see he's dutch watching his goals from last season he's got a lot a technique, looks comfortable with either foot and looks a good header of the ball. My only worry looking at Youtube is his pace he's not lightening quick but thats not stopped Harry from banging them in.

Fingers crossed this goes through.

AZ accepts new miljoenenbod London

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 20:28

Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement with AZ over a transfer fee of Vincent Janssen . Londoners were already a bid of approximately seventeen million, but that amount was rejected by the club from Alkmaar. It led to resentment at Janssen, who now will be relieved that the second and higher offer have been accepted.

cp_145351083515335.jpg

AZ reached already have an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain, but the balende Janssen had put his sights on Tottenham Hotspur. He got a good feeling with the British number three of the past season, and besides, he had already given his yes. Janssen felt as if his dream AZ transfer blocked and that allowed extremely disappointed him.

Voetbalzone know that a new bid to Janssen indeed accepted by AZ. It is a sum of twenty million plus bonuses. The attacker travels to London as soon as possible for a medical examination, to close then joined the elite corps of manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Back