• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I know nothing about this guy, but that's a fair bit of wedge. Do any of you think we will see him play alongside Harry in games, as opposed to being strictly one or the other?
They are very similar to each other, so I doubt we're going to see them play alongside each other in a typical two-striker formation like the 442 or 352. Maybe Pochettino will play one as a 10 or on the wings though. Kane has done so in the past.

index.php

He talks a bit much. Let's hope his goals do more of it.
Not a bad thing, necessarily. Means he's vocal about what he wants and this could be good for the team, if it's directed towards wanting to win. He could be a good voice in the locker room or on the pitch.

From reddit:

He is without any doubt coming to you.

I have been following and writing about Dutch football and Eredivisie since 2003. I've learned to see who will succeed and who will fail abroad. Janssen (unlike Promes, that you were also looking at) is made for the Premier League. This is not a player that lives on utilizing mistakes, like Kezman or van Wolfswinkel and it is not someone who dominates through his superior technique like Afonso, or pure physical strengths like Luuk de Jong.

You might get the same reactions as when Liverpool signed Luis Suarez, "lololol is it the new Ryan Babel??? HUNTELAAR? AFONSO???". Its not. He might never become the same level as Suarez, but he is complete as a footballer which is what it takes to play in a PL top team.

He is a Kluivert, van Hooijdonk or Hasselbaink type of player. Powerful, can score both with his feet and in the air, great target player and most important of all, both according to PL standards and the wise teachings of Cruijff: Vincent Janssen does not need to be provided space, he will create it himself.

It is a phenomenal signing. This first season, he will be excellent as a "pinch-hitter" in your team, and since he shows exactly no signs of the pretty common Dutch complacency, I am certain that in a year he will be able to compete with Kane for the starting spot or force the manager to play with two forwards.

As someone who kind of likes Woolwich in the PL, it almost makes me sad seeing him get picked up by Spurs. Happy for AZ as well. They cannot afford not to sell him and with less competition they would have needed to accept a bid for half the sum. But £20m is still a bargain, there is a striker crisis going on in football as everyone wants be a winger or false nine and out of everything realistically available on the market, I see no better choice.

From the Daily Mail:

Janssen confirmed his move to Spurs in an interview with Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad on Friday.

He said: 'I won't train with AZ anymore. For me it was clear from the beginning that I wanted to go to Spurs.

'The competition appeals to me and the plan of the coach is similar to the plan that AZ boss John van den Brom shared with me a year ago at AZ.'

The 22-year-old added: 'It is a beautiful club with a fantastic stadium and heaps of potential. Anyone in my shoes would take this step.'

Spurs saw two smaller bids rejected by Alkmaar before finally agreeing their £17m fee this week.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino had made signing another striker to support Kane a top priority this summer after having been so reliant on the England international last term.

Janssen, though, does not intend to simply be Kane's understudy at White Hart Lane and commented: 'Harry Kane? People can say what they want but I'm not afraid of anybody.

'He is a great striker but we will see how it goes. We can complement each other, I think I can learn a lot from him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Tottenham-closes-17m-move.html#ixzz4Dpbjq6Mm

If true, that's a pretty good return on AZ's 500,000 Euro purchase of the player a year ago, and an apparent coup for Billy Beane and his "moneyball" methodology.

If true, that's a pretty good return on AZ's 500,000 Euro purchase of the player a year ago, and an apparent coup for Billy Beane and his "moneyball" methodology.

Good for them, if he works out for us, it will still be a cheap pickup on our side.

I'm surprised that Liverpool haven't already, since Fenway Sports Group are huge proponents of his methods, which have brought them big success with the Red Sox (though Beane himself works for the rival Oakland A's). So I just did a little looking and found this interesting article about how he chose to work with AZ Alkmaar.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...ght-to-avoid-the-epl-and-work-with-az-alkmaar

They tried implementing his methods, signing Downing because he put in the most crosses and Carroll to score headers. Just the kind of players Dinosaur Kenny loves.

Back