• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I suspect (and I know you agree with me) that AVB was intelligent enough to understand that as well.

Didn't prevent him saying he wasn't properly backed and that he never got the players he wanted after he resigned. It's not that much of a stretch to assume that such things won't be laid out publically until they become breaking points in the coach-chairman relationship (perhaps after a run of poor results), and that Poch's gruelling pre-seasons mean that getting a player in early may be as important to him as getting the right players in was to AVB.

All speculation, of course (save for AVB's public statements, those are a matter of public record), but the longer we delay, the less time Janssen has to spend in our pre-season regime, which means more time spent acclimatizing while the season gets underway and the more likely it is that we're forced to play an exhausted Harry again after affording him just a few weeks' worth of vacation.

Poch has said that he prefers his signings to have a full pre-season with the rest of the squad. Janssen has said that he much prefers to have a full pre-season with the rest of his team-mates, which is why he wants the transfer done swiftly. So, the people holding up the deal are ourselves and AZ - can't even argue that the player's waiting on a better offer or something, because it's clearly all done with him.

This needs to be done soon, or it becomes somewhat hard to see it as anything other than backsliding into being cheap for the sake of being cheap, backing the manager be damned. Hopefully the next few days (maybe even the next 24 hours) bring closure in this regard.

Unsurprisingly mate, I disagree! The alternative to this is that AVB didn't want to admit that he couldn't get the team out of the rut that he had got them in with those string of heavy beatings by the bigger teams. Yes AVB's quotes are on public record, but that doesn't mean that they are true. There aren't going to be many managers who once sacked are ever going to be completely honest as to the reasons why they were sacked, and it's not beyond reasonable thought that perhaps he would be protecting his own brand by blaming anyone and everyone but himself. Ditto Redknapp and any other manager that we have sacked or has been sacked by any club e.g. Mourinho when he was sacked by Chelsea.

As principled as Poch seems to be, I'm pretty sure that if he is disappointed with not being backed, there would be noise that he was not happy like at Southampton when Cortese left.

But as ever, we won't know the full truth. The fact is that AVB got to reinvest all of the Bale money in players. If Levy was cheap, then he probably would have wanted to keep at least half of the windfall from Real Madrid.

I don't think that the transfer needs to be done soon. Sure it would be preferable, but no one player is worth breaking our strategy that has done us so well, unless they're someone like Messi or Bale. I doubt many on here had heard of Janssen before all of this speculation started.

Spurs Related ‏@_SpursRelated 13h13 hours ago
Breaking News: Reports AZ agreement with Tottenham for Vincent Janssen player London bound for medical. #THFC

Spurs Related ‏@_SpursRelated 23s23 seconds ago
Reports Janssen is due to land at Heathrow at 10:45am this morning on flight BA429 ahead of his spurs medical today. #THFC

We have a specific flight no. apparently, anyone going to volunteer to go and take a look!?

In fairness it cant be correct cos we all know Levy only pays EasyJet prices.

We have a specific flight no. apparently, anyone going to volunteer to go and take a look!?

In fairness it cant be correct cos we all know Levy only pays EasyJet prices.

You can sail from Holland, even cheaper. Meet him at Tower Bridge with a Boris bike

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Sky sources: Tottenham are close to agreeing a fee with AZ Alkmaar for striker Vincent Janssen. #SSNHQ

Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 5m5 minutes ago
#Tottenham are close to agreeing a fee for Vincent Janssen. Still negotiating details but all expected to go ahead. More follows... #THFC

Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 26s26 seconds ago
He's not in London yet. Expected to train on his own at Alkmaar's base this morning but nearly got his "dream" move. Full story on way #THFC

Or fly in to sunny London Sarfend, hop on a train within 10mins of landing. Or Luton and across to medical

He really is spoilt for choice - why go all the way to thiefrow? Extra flight time, more grief getting through airport, time to travel back across London.

Or fly in to sunny London Sarfend, hop on a train within 10mins of landing. Or Luton and across to medical

He really is spoilt for choice - why go all the way to thiefrow? Extra flight time, more grief getting through airport, time to travel back across London.

Stanstead then Uber to the training ground

I'm holding my excitement until his banged in a few goals vs the gooners

Sent from my portable microwave

If this guy doesnt come to Spurs, this will be one of the most painful moments of the summer. Better ensure that nobody from Man Utd or Chelsea are getting close to this kid. Cant trust that Portuguese clown shoe at OT and Roman.

I know nothing about this guy, but that's a fair bit of wedge. Do any of you think we will see him play alongside Harry in games, as opposed to being strictly one or the other?

If this guy doesnt come to Spurs, this will be one of the most painful moments of the summer. Better ensure that nobody from Man Utd or Chelsea are getting close to this kid. Cant trust that Portuguese clown shoe at OT and Roman.
At least all the noises he is making is that he wants Spurs even with PSG reportedly interested. Assuming all that was true it shows that he is putting his playing career and development over the money, at least for now.

AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen says he is close to joining Tottenham, claiming negotiations between the clubs could be concluded soon.

Janssen, 22, was pictured leaving AZ's training ground with a suitcase on Friday, amid reports in the UK and Netherlands that the Dutch club have accepted a bid of around €22 million from Spurs.

Janssen: 'AZ and Spurs are talking now. It's not 100%, but it's looking good. Otherwise I would have trained'

Janssen: 'I'm happy the clubs are talking now. I'm going to go home and wait. It could take an hour, but it could also take longer.'

:)

Back