• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Van Gaal it is then?...anyone who's read Robert Enke's book will think of this guy as a total, and utter, tosser...he has the sort of face I'd love to punch...

van Gaal is the original Mourinho (was Jose's mentor in fact). Completely obnoxious, but also an unquestionable genius.

If Liverpool have got him then they are going to become serious contenders again.

Yeah, his appointment will make Adam, Downing, Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson world beaters

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

A brain dead non follower of football could work out what's wrong at Liverpool.

Correcting it will be an expensive exercise and will take years

Yeah, his appointment will make Adam, Downing, Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson world beaters

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

I don't think they are that many signings away from at the very least challenging for a top 4 spot. Getting to where they think they have a right to be - challenging for a title, that will take a while.

Last season they weren't that far behind us until Lucas got injured. If they get a good manager in and makes a couple of good moves in the transfer market they will be up challenging for 4th again.

Van gaal is one of the best coaches out there....and a rare thing is that he actually does the coaching.

but more importantly he knows , at expert level, the model of pointing out a good / intelligent (footballwise) and technical footballer

i dont want van gaal and either of (martinez, rodgers, or whoever buys into the technical aspect of the game ) getting together at liverpool

would be bad news i think

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

in the right system those players will play alot better i think.

think of an example like leon britton

Leon Britton has never been signed for ?ú20m and thus is much more likely to willingly adapt his game for Rodgers' system.

Britton has been playing like that for the last five years(apart from a short stint at sheffield utd)for swansea,rodgers brought him back but the system swansea have been using as always been there even before rodgers came, he just tweeked it here and there.

IF Rodgers goes to Liverpool, then surely the Bookies now officially dictate football rumours... as it's only since betting went nuts on Rodgers that the media have suddenly started reporting as a 'given'... it was Martinez up until that point.

The point i'm trying to make, is that it's a relatively new phenomenon, but it's kinda accepted now that when Bookies suspend betting, the rumours crank up a gear, and nearly always have a stench of truth about them... surely someone that knows something is telling his mates, and they're all down to Billy Hills to 'cash in their winnings'... which leads me to my other point; if football transfers are SO dictated by betting patterns, then SURELY GAMES can be? or am I teaching Catholicism to the Pope here?

IF Rodgers goes to Liverpool, then surely the Bookies now officially dictate football rumours... as it's only since betting went nuts on Rodgers that the media have suddenly started reporting as a 'given'... it was Martinez up until that point.

The point i'm trying to make, is that it's a relatively new phenomenon, but it's kinda accepted now that when Bookies suspend betting, the rumours crank up a gear, and nearly always have a stench of truth about them... surely someone that knows something is telling his mates, and they're all down to Billy Hills to 'cash in their winnings'... which leads me to my other point; if football transfers are SO dictated by betting patterns, then SURELY GAMES can be? or am I teaching Catholicism to the Pope here?

It's about exploiting knowledge in the market.

After 9/11, the US considered opening a book on future terrorist attacks. It sounds disgusting, but the idea was sound: open the market and inevitably when there is knowledge floating around out there about a future attack, bets will go on it. It's inevitable that information and gossip will leak and that the faceless market will seek to make money on it.

Not buying your assumption that the rumours based on bookies suspending betting "nearly always have a stench of truth about them..." There have been many cases of odds being slashed repeatedly or betting suspended only for that thing not to happen.

Also there seems to be a flaw in your logic there somewhere. You say that bookies suspend betting, thus rumours crank up a gear, there is often a core of truth there. So far fair enough, but then all of a sudden "football transfers are dictated by betting patterns". This doesn't follow at all, primarily because of correlation and causation. You have already stated that "surely someone that knows something is telling his mates, and they're all down to Billy Hills to 'cash in their winnings'..." From that surely football transfers (and news of it) dictates the fluctuating odds and that again dictates betting patterns, not the other way around.

It's about exploiting knowledge in the market.

After 9/11, the US considered opening a book on future terrorist attacks. It sounds disgusting, but the idea was sound: open the market and inevitably when there is knowledge floating around out there about a future attack, bets will go on it. It's inevitable that information and gossip will leak and that the faceless market will seek to make money on it.

Can you imagine being the one to go into Ladbrokes to put THAT particular bet on?

"A tenner on 'Lucky Lady' in the 4.10 at Kempton Park... oh, and ?ú200 each-way on two planes crashing into the Twin Towers on the 11th please!"

Nothing being said officially down here about rodgers/liverpool but the local station saying he may be off.

Another reason i think is that Swansea may be looking around for a replacement straight away........poyet or zola,names being mentioned already.

Media are saying Rodgers, ITKs/agents are saying Martinez. Media speculation is often planted by clubs, but this one is hard to call. Still hoping they both say no.

Leon Britton has never been signed for ?ú20m and thus is much more likely to willingly adapt his game for Rodgers' system.

that system was there for a while

and i kiiiiiiiind of agree with you with regards to the price tag thing. i would say there is good evidence that more money means greater ego and less willing to be malleable.

but thats a character thing, not a talent thing. we dont know for a fact that those players will refuse to adapt do we...chances are they may want to start winning again

Back