• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Media are saying Rodgers, ITKs/agents are saying Martinez. Media speculation is often planted by clubs, but this one is hard to call. Still hoping they both say no.

I can't think why either of them would want to say yes.

But then again, there isn't much point waiting around for United or Arsenal, Rodgers wouldn't want the Chelsea job and Martinez wouldn't get it. I guess I'm just hoping they both wanted to wait for Spurs, but I can understand if they see Liverpool as the only feasible step up for the mid term future.

Liverpool are a shambles at the minute, but they do have history, chequered as it is, its still got to be a hard job to turn down.

Can you imagine being the one to go into Ladbrokes to put THAT particular bet on?

"A tenner on 'Lucky Lady' in the 4.10 at Kempton Park... oh, and ?ú200 each-way on two planes crashing into the Twin Towers on the 11th please!"

:ross: How would the each-way payout work?!

Re Liverpool...everyone is saying it will take years to get back to top 4. Will it? Look at us - we looked in disarray when Berbatov and Keane left, shaky start, in the bottom 3 until Feb then came good at the end to finish 8th. Did anyone seriously see us in the top 4 mix-up the following season? Yet that is where we finished come May. A couple of key signings and Liverpool would be back in amongst it.

Our players were underperforming massively under Ramos, but Liverpool were performing slightly above their level for some time under Dalglish due to getting a new manager and just being Liverpool. As the remains of the team that got Rafa results has slowly dissappeared they've gotten worse. Another summer of massive spending, this time on actual footballers, could get them back on track. Not sure FSG want to spend that much.

BREAKING: Sky Sports sources: Brendan Rodgers to meet with Liverpool owners FSG this afternoon to discuss vacant manager's job at Anfield.

Already on his way reported down here,not happy bunnies the swans fans are, seeing another manager bricking on them after giving him a chance to get his career going again.

has Sigurdsson officially signed for Swansea???

if he has, im sure he did it because of Rodgers being there and if Rodgers walks away only days after concluding that deal, convincing the player, convincing the board to spend a massive amount for that club, then i will lose a lot of respect for Rodgers.....would be cnutish of the highest order

Hate to be one of these muggy schmucks claiming to be ITK but I've got a mate in the media and he was tipped off about this by the Liverpool commercial manager yesterday. Seems certain it's happening.
I've put a fair whack on it. Managed to get 2/1 on Betfair but that's increased further now.

Last edited:
has Sigurdsson officially signed for Swansea???

if he has, im sure he did it because of Rodgers being there and if Rodgers walks away only days after concluding that deal, convincing the player, convincing the board to spend a massive amount for that club, then i will lose a lot of respect for Rodgers.....would be cnutish of the highest order

no he hasn't.....they feel he'll follow brendon now.

I still think its a bad move for Rodgers (as I did Martinez). They dont have the players for his brand of football, and I can only see the fans doing a Hodgson to him. Then of course there is Van Gaal looming like a dark shadow...

I still think its a bad move for Rodgers (as I did Martinez). They dont have the players for his brand of football, and I can only see the fans doing a Hodgson to him. Then of course there is Van Gaal looming like a dark shadow...

I don't really understand this. Liverpool start with 11 internationals (or 9 or 10 or whatever it is)...and yet they can't pass the ball as well as a bunch of Swansea players who most neutral fans would struggle to name? I can't get my head around how a bunch of middling Swansea players (average price a couple of mill, record signing ?ú6m) can pass better than the players at one of England's top clubs.

Latest rumours say that Van Gaal wont be appointed as a DOF. Rodgers will have sole control.

I don't really understand this. Liverpool start with 11 internationals (or 9 or 10 or whatever it is)...and yet they can't pass the ball as well as a bunch of Swansea players who most neutral fans would struggle to name? I can't get my head around how a bunch of middling Swansea players (average price a couple of mill, record signing ?ú6m) can pass better than the players at one of England's top clubs.

Its been drilled into them for years, but thats not even the main crux of my thinking.

They play a 433, possession based, patient and technical. ALways play it out from the back. Who in the Liverpool set up suits that?

I can see Suarez flourishing. Johnson as well. Other than that?

Latest rumours say that Van Gaal wont be appointed as a DOF. Rodgers will have sole control.

i think they are just saying that to him to get him to sign on the dotted line

FSG will then build a structure around him, without his input

cnuts

Back