• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

It's over for them, they won't turn it around from here. They might still finish 2nd or 3rd this season but they're over their peak and without major changes, they won't get back there. It's the same thing that happened with us and Poch (without the trophies) - high intensity football without replacing key players regularly.

Last edited:
We fell off a cliff in 2019, after ending 2018 in the top 3 (ahead of City on Boxing Day). The run to the CL final disguised the drop in form. Klopp's Dortmund also had a collapse of form, although that might have been made worse by their annual tribute to Bayern.

Although it's a bit early, it would be funny.

Edit. Here's an interesting analysis on their defence.

Up to this point, Liverpool’s start to the season had been bad in a rusty, frustrating sort of way: a remodelled team clanking through the low gears, missing grace and fluency. This was something else entirely: a wild, tempestuous undoing, the sense of a once-great team caving in on itself, which called to mind Jürgen Klopp’s disastrous final season with Borussia Dortmund. Has the seven-year hitch struck again? It has been hitherto unthinkable, but this was a sensationally, catastrophically, operatically bad performance, one whose defining motif was how utterly vulnerable Liverpool were against straightforward passes in behind.

It is strange and startling, the thinness of the line between an elite defence and an inept one. Last season, Liverpool conceded 26 goals in 38 games, the joint-best figure in Europe’s leading leagues. Here they looked like conceding every ten minutes.

What this defeat exposed was just how precarious Liverpool’s defensive construct has been, how many cracks a fortress can conceal. Last season, they suffered the second-most through balls in the Premier League, counting on the pace of Virgil van Dijk and the one-v-one brilliance of Alisson to redeem the fundamental frailty of the high line. Here that fragile covenant broke like a dam rent by deluge.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-in-naples-raises-serious-questions-gg79vdgzg

The bolt has become undone:

... the referee awarded a penalty: the second Van Dijk has conceded in his last seven matches after an unblemished run of 150 appearances without one.

Last edited:
What's with klopp teams that seem to slump after 5-6 years?
PEDs losing their effectiveness? Or does Klopp himself get burnt out?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It's over for them, they won't turn it around from here. They might still finish 2nd or 3rd this season but they're over their peak and without major changes, they won't get back there. It's the same thing that happened with us and Poch (without the trophies) - high intensity football without replacing key players regularly.

I pray you're right because I detest those c**ts. I thought the same in January '21 when they lost 6 in a row at home but they turned it around. I really hope that's not the case here and they fall off the cliff like Poch's team and Klopp's Dortmund did.

They can go back to just above mid table where they spent the majority of the 2010s. Horrible, sanctimonious c**ts.

I think the Peds could well be a reason

I think also Klopp did well putting the pieces in place from their lower base but is struggling to reinvent that team again, something Poch seemed to hit a block with and something Fergie, for example, was able to do so well. Its all well and good getting the VVD, Fabinho and Salah in and hitting home runs with them all, much harder to continue that success rate with all signings (as we know). Lots to do with luck and timing in my opinion

Didn’t realise its only been 3 cups in 8 years for Liverpool, ok its a Champions League and a Premier league and its 3 more than us but the way the media jizz on them i thought it was about 6.

they banged on about them like that in the decades they didn’t win anything too

it’s a cult

Got burned out myself in most jobs. Think 5 or 6 years is about right for most talented people.

You need to stop pretending about the work you've been doing and find work you might actually enjoy.

Find a way to do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Moi meme, ma grande? I love making - as opposed to merely taking - pictures. Not remotely trying to sound 'preacherly' about this, but it's absolutely true. I'm a 66-year-old teenager.

You need to stop pretending about the work you've been doing and find work you might actually enjoy.

Moi meme, ma grande? I love making - as opposed to merely taking - pictures. Not remotely trying to sound 'preacherly' about this, but it's absolutely true. I'm a 66-year-old teenager.

Totally agree and if you're in a management position you should try to help your staff feel that way, you get more out of them.

As Jude Law's hitman says in Road to Perdition "To be be paid to do what you love, isn't that the dream?"
I believe he made pictures too...

He has one way of playing, after 2 seasons it becomes predictable and you can shut them down. Teams that would lose now draw against them, it's only 1 point for those teams but it's 2 lost for Liverpool.

Back