• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard knows time is running out for him to end his career-long search for a league title but remains hopeful it is not an impossible quest.

The 32-year-old is confident he will play on beyond the end of his current contract, which expires at the end of next season, but accepts factors are loaded against him to win the championship.

Gerrard said: "I'm not really one who looks back, I look forward, and I am never going to give up fighting for the title. But I'm realistic about where the team is at the moment and how much hard work and improvement needs to be done if we are to compete for it. Have I got the time on my side? No. Is it impossible? No."

He added: "I know I am good enough to play in a side to win the league and I know I am a good enough player to win the league but sometimes stuff is out of your control."

Gerrard has been at Liverpool since the age of nine and although he had offers to leave - twice turning down Chelsea - he has remained loyal to Liverpool, a decision for which he has been criticised.

"I have no regrets over the decisions I have made," said the England international at the launch of his new book My Liverpool Story.

"I am really happy I stayed. I am the captain of the club I love and this club means more to me than any other club out there.

Of course I'd love a Premier League winner's medal and that may have happened if I'd moved clubs but would that league title mean as much to me as the other trophies I've won here? No - fact."

Since Liverpool ran United so close in 2009 in the Premier League title race the club's fortunes have taken a significant dip, having finished seventh, sixth and eighth. That combined with the emergence of other clubs has made the Reds' task of regaining a top-four spot, never mind challenging for the title, even more difficult.

"It is no good us worrying about the power of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project," said Gerrard. "But there is no two ways about it, if there was no Roman Abramovich (Chelsea owner) or the guy (Sheikh Mansour) who bought Emirates Marketing Project I'd have two or three league titles sitting here now."

Press Association

Liverpool have not finished above United since Abramovich bought Chelsea.

"It is no good us worrying about the power of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project," said Gerrard. "But there is no two ways about it, if there was no Roman Abramovich (Chelsea owner) or the guy (Sheikh Mansour) who bought Emirates Marketing Project I'd have two or three league titles sitting here now."

deluded!!

have they even finished above arsenal?

They were second a few years ago when they had the midfield trio of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard (arguably each the best of their particular type of midfielder at the time). But Rafa was too cautious and they dropped too many points in draws. Its was only when they threw caution to the wind when they beat United at OT and Real Madrid (both 4-1?) that they were at their best. They really should have won the title that year.

Then they decided that Barry was better than Alonso and things went pear shaped.

have they even finished above arsenal?

Slightly more interesting question, how many times have they finished ahead of United in the Gerrard era? I'm guessing not that many so all Chelsea not being there would have done would have meant that United would have overtaken them quicker.

deluded!!

Haha... Mansour? Really? They won their title last year for fudges sake. I wonder how Gerrard figures that they would have won the league if not for them last season...

I agree with Gerrard to an extent. Before Abromovich Chelsea were a Leeds type club, they had massively overspent trying to be successful and were stoney broke. In comes Roman and saves their bacon, not only do the decent players at Chelsea stay, he spunks hundreds of millions on transfers and more on wages bringing top players to Stamford Bridge. Players that previously would have gone to Liverpoo or let's face it, Tottenham.

Moving on from that, the world seems to have settled down a bit, Chelsea have become a force but Roman appears to have calmed down when bugger me sideways if the oil rich arabs decide that what the world needs more than anything is not a cure for cancer but Emirates Marketing Project to be the dominant force in English football. Hey presto, wages rise uncontrollably and City spend nigh on a billion pounds to buy the title. More players are saved from having their houses raided by not signing for yesterdays men on the banks of the Mersey.

The problem for our scouse lovelies is that Liverpool is a brickhole that people don't want to live in, they can't afford top wages or fees and they no longer have the allure of being one of the top clubs in Europe. In short, unless Rogers becomes one of the great coaches they are destined to ricochet from manager to manager whilst winning the occasional League Cup.

Sound familiar?

Only one home win this season and that was against some club called Gomel in a Europa League Qualifier.
As for Gerrard. He just embarrasses himself everytime he gives an interview.
Remember this
"[Lionel] Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe [Cole] can do as well, if not better. He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can't even do with a football. I really fancy Joe for the [player of the year] award this season."

I feel Liverpool are on the verge of turning it around soon. He's putting in the hard work now but they are starting to perform going forward. They look like they can score, Suso looks a player, Sterling is someone they have been crying out for. I don't mean title winning, just better than the last few seasons.

Only one home win this season and that was against some club called Gomel in a Europa League Qualifier.
As for Gerrard. He just embarrasses himself everytime he gives an interview.
Remember this
"[Lionel] Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe [Cole] can do as well, if not better. He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can't even do with a football. I really fancy Joe for the [player of the year] award this season."

To be fair he did win the "Best English player on loan at Lille" award the next season...

They were second a few years ago when they had the midfield trio of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard (arguably each the best of their particular type of midfielder at the time). But Rafa was too cautious and they dropped too many points in draws. Its was only when they threw caution to the wind when they beat United at OT and Real Madrid (both 4-1?) that they were at their best. They really should have won the title that year.

Then they decided that Barry was better than Alonso and things went pear shaped.

a lot of their fans agreed with that aswell, no matter what they tell u now

iyzrJDtyWPpyY.gif

Re: Spurs up to 5th in All-Time Premier League Table

Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson has hit out at the ongoing fly-on-the-wall documentary detailing life behind the scenes at Anfield.

Being: Liverpool, currently being aired on Channel 5, takes a behind the scenes look at the club with manager Brendan Rodgers featuring prominently.

And Lawrenson was critical of the Northern Irishman's participation in his column for the Daily Mirror - claiming that Anfield bosses of old would be 'turning in their graves'.

'What on earth is Brendan Rodgers doing in this programme Being: Liverpool?', writes Lawrenson, who was also critical of the club's American owners.

'I’m sorry, I just think this show comes across as American schmalz. It’s totally ill-advised and some of the stuff that I have seen so far in the first three episodes is cringeworthy.

'I think everybody shares that point of view. The problem is, once you get American owners intent on doing it and intent on getting everyone involved it’s extremely difficult

'Well, at the moment the club isn’t doing particularly well. The soundbites are great but it’s plain for everyone to see that there is a lot wrong.'

Lawrenson, who made 241 appearances as a defender for the Reds in the 1980s, added: 'One other thing. The show I saw on Saturday ended up with Ian Ayre, the chief executive, jumping on his Harley Davison and riding through the city.

'Come on!! Shankly would be turning in his grave. So would Paisley and Fagan and all of those Liverpool legends.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2214485/Mark-Lawrenson-slams-Being-Liverpool-documentary.html

Re: Spurs up to 5th in All-Time Premier League Table

Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson has hit out at the ongoing fly-on-the-wall documentary detailing life behind the scenes at Anfield.

Being: Liverpool, currently being aired on Channel 5, takes a behind the scenes look at the club with manager Brendan Rodgers featuring prominently.

And Lawrenson was critical of the Northern Irishman's participation in his column for the Daily Mirror - claiming that Anfield bosses of old would be 'turning in their graves'.

'What on earth is Brendan Rodgers doing in this programme Being: Liverpool?', writes Lawrenson, who was also critical of the club's American owners.

'I’m sorry, I just think this show comes across as American schmalz. It’s totally ill-advised and some of the stuff that I have seen so far in the first three episodes is cringeworthy.

'I think everybody shares that point of view. The problem is, once you get American owners intent on doing it and intent on getting everyone involved it’s extremely difficult

'Well, at the moment the club isn’t doing particularly well. The soundbites are great but it’s plain for everyone to see that there is a lot wrong.'

Lawrenson, who made 241 appearances as a defender for the Reds in the 1980s, added: 'One other thing. The show I saw on Saturday ended up with Ian Ayre, the chief executive, jumping on his Harley Davison and riding through the city.

'Come on!! Shankly would be turning in his grave. So would Paisley and Fagan and all of those Liverpool legends.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2214485/Mark-Lawrenson-slams-Being-Liverpool-documentary.html

Wrong thread?

Back