• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Re: O/T Mark Halsey

[video=youtube_share;g9u0F07EPyk]http://youtu.be/g9u0F07EPyk[/video]
After watching this a few more times, I still think it's a very soft penalty, but there was at least some contact, unlike whenever Young takes a dive.
Johnson clips Valencia's heel slightly, gives a small nudge from behind, and as Valencia is going down, Johnson wraps his leg around a bit. I'm thinking that Valencia decided to go down as soon as he felt his heel get clipped because Reina is already closing him down and he's out of options. Not an easy decision and I've seen many defenders get away with much much worse.

A3pmdDgCYAATt1W.jpg

Halsey got every decision right IMO. The ****s on twitter should be jailed.

I thought he missed Van Persie's atrocious two-footer (should've been red) but the abuse he got? Disgraceful! Just disgraceful! I wonder what goes through the amoeba who conjure this gonad*s? I think the FITTING punishment would be to force these tossers to stand in front of him, say what they wrote to his face, and accept his reaction as he sees fit to give it. They're such dirty cowards there wouldn't be many takers.

Surprised no-one has pointed this out yet, but: http://www.channel5.com/shows/being-liverpool

"FRIDAY nights, Channel 5!"

I watched episode 1 last Sunday - it was shown prior to their game against Utd. Load of boring brick - Gerrard driving to his house in his flash car, hanging out with his family, Brendan Rogers going round in his flash car, hanging out with his ugly family, such great history....blah blah Anfield's great, team in decline, no doubt about it and they won't rise again with the current squad.

I thought he missed Van Persie's atrocious two-footer (should've been red) but the abuse he got? Disgraceful! Just disgraceful! I wonder what goes through the amoeba who conjure this gonad*s? I think the FITTING punishment would be to force these tossers to stand in front of him, say what they wrote to his face, and accept his reaction as he sees fit to give it. They're such dirty cowards there wouldn't be many takers.

Was only one foot, though i thought he'd be booked because it looked like 'excessive force', whatever the hell amount that means..

Was only one foot, though i thought he'd be booked because it looked like 'excessive force', whatever the hell amount that means..

he actually leaves the ground with both feet and makes that little motion which gives it the extra malice IMHO...the fact it was him might nove helped the precision of my vision!!!

After watching this a few more times, I still think it's a very soft penalty, but there was at least some contact, unlike whenever Young takes a dive.
Johnson clips Valencia's heel slightly, gives a small nudge from behind, and as Valencia is going down, Johnson wraps his leg around a bit. I'm thinking that Valencia decided to go down as soon as he felt his heel get clipped because Reina is already closing him down and he's out of options. Not an easy decision and I've seen many defenders get away with much much worse.

Mark Halsey was the one who gave a penalty for Young's atrocious dive against Aston Villa as well though. So he has form for this kind of thing.

I think it was a horrific refereeing performance imo.

I think Halsey still being a ref is purely a PR exercise for him beating his illness, he is pretty awful these days, used to be fairly decent

Brendan Rodgers claims Liverpool supporters are "very educated and clever" and are realistic about what the team can achieve this season.

Rodgers celebrated his first domestic win since becoming Reds boss via Wednesday night's 2-1 win at West Brom in the Capital One Cup which earned the holders a home tie with Swansea in the fourth round.

But the 4,000 fans who made the trip to The Hawthorns were constantly chanting Rodgers' name even after a young Liverpool side had gone a goal behind.

Rodgers said: "They've been brilliant for me. The Liverpool supporters are very educated and clever.

"They understand our resources were really stretched and the support they've given, the team more importantly and myself, has been incredible from my first day here.

"I think the biggest thing we've got now at Liverpool is the reality, the real situation we are in.

"This is an iconic club in world football but we are not at that level as a team.

"It is going to take time to build and create an identity again to hopefully get to that level.

"But the fans see we are working hard to do that and, when you fight for your life as a manager and players, then supporters normally respond to that."

www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8114250/Rodgers-hails-clever-Reds-fans

Brendan Rodgers has issued a veiled warning that Liverpool players could resort to unsporting means to win decisions having been denied "the rub of the green" from referees this season.

The Liverpool manager believes Luis Suárez has been refused legitimate penalties in the past two Premier League games, against Sunderland and Manchester United, and claims major decisions have gone against his team since the opening day of the season at West Bromwich Albion.

Rodgers phoned Mike Riley, head of Professional Game Match Officials, to express his grievances on Thursday and afterwards made the stark admission that, in the absence of legitimate fouls, players will be tempted to exaggerate contact to sway referees in future.

"I'm concerned that we've not had any sort of rub of the green from officials," Rodgers said. "We like to think we are a sporting team, I have always told my players to do the right thing, not to dive, to play fair. But the fairness we show, it seems the decisions pass us by because of it. There are so many decisions that have gone against us.

"I spoke to Mike Riley and he admitted he expected me to call earlier. I didn't ring after the Manchester United game, I wanted to speak to the assessor first on that one, and he hasn't contacted us yet. But after the West Brom game, I had to call. Jordan Henderson got a horrendous tackle and the player wasn't even booked, while Andre Wisdom won the ball with a fair challenge and was booked. Things aren't going for us at all.

"It would be a shame if players who respect the rules and managers who are asking players to stay on their feet and not dive are not getting the decisions because of it. I think it is important that referees understand that. It has been a criticism of the last few years of players going down too easy. It is not something we want to encourage but if you're not going to get decisions because of it players may do that."

Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson admitted Suárez's reputation for theatrics preceded him after an appeal for a penalty against United, following a tackle by Jonny Evans, was denied by the referee Mark Halsey on Sunday.

Rodgers added: "Suárez has had a couple of good penalty appeals, he hasn't dived, they have been legitimate, and he's actually got booked. He went down at Sunderland and it looked a clear penalty and he ended up getting booked for it. Last weekend in the Manchester United game there was more contact in his case than there was in Antonio Valencia's and Valencia gets a penalty and we get nothing other than a hard-luck story.

"I'm not sure [Suárez's reputation is influencing officials] – you'd need to ask the referees – but he is a wonderful talent and irrespective of whether he goes down, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty. What I have seen, he certainly doesn't ever look like he is going to get a decision and that is something which would bother me going forward."

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/27/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-luis-suarez

Brendan Rodgers claims Liverpool supporters are "very educated and clever" and are realistic about what the team can achieve this season.

Rodgers celebrated his first domestic win since becoming Reds boss via Wednesday night's 2-1 win at West Brom in the Capital One Cup which earned the holders a home tie with Swansea in the fourth round.

But the 4,000 fans who made the trip to The Hawthorns were constantly chanting Rodgers' name even after a young Liverpool side had gone a goal behind.

Rodgers said: "They've been brilliant for me. The Liverpool supporters are very educated and clever.

"They understand our resources were really stretched and the support they've given, the team more importantly and myself, has been incredible from my first day here.

"I think the biggest thing we've got now at Liverpool is the reality, the real situation we are in.

"This is an iconic club in world football but we are not at that level as a team.

"It is going to take time to build and create an identity again to hopefully get to that level.

"But the fans see we are working hard to do that and, when you fight for your life as a manager and players, then supporters normally respond to that."

www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8114250/Rodgers-hails-clever-Reds-fans

Well seeing as most of them come from the Home Counties :-"

It was on MOTD, they slowed it right down to a crawl. It was a penalty. Evan's makes contact with his foot, you cant see it at that speed.

This, but the fact that it had to be slowed down to a crawl and viewed multiple times means you can't really hold it against the ref who only got to see it once.

Back