• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

UKIP

I think you're listening far too much to the noisy minority there. I suspect (and hope) that little of the British public have become extreme with their views on immigration.

In fact, when I spent some time canvassing for the Conservatives nearly 10 years ago opinions were the same. That's one of the reasons I ditched politics (other than voting) for good - I realised that I actually dislike most of the public and their political views - even those who thought theirs were aligned with mine.

Much of what you're seeing/hearing now is the same old views on immigration, just without Labour shouting "racist" at anyone who tries to discuss the issue.

I would hopefully, humbly and happily concede that point time and time again...I sincerely hope I am guilty of doing what you suspected mate...would/is the best case scenario. In which case this whole thing falls on media once again (and whoever is driving their coverage!)...

I would hopefully, humbly and happily concede that point time and time again...I sincerely hope I am guilty of doing what you suspected mate...would/is the best case scenario. In which case this whole thing falls on media once again (and whoever is driving their coverage!)...

I've got no love for the British media either. This kind of material is easy to find a story in and that's just what they've done (IMO).

So you believe that it's the supporters who've moved right rather than the party to the centre? That's pretty much the opposite opinion to every political commentator in the country.

Or were you just playing politics and avoiding saying "Yes" to the fact that the Conservatives have moved to the centre?

Yes the Conservatives have moved towards the centre. No doubt about that.

Say what you like, he made inroads into Thatcher's massive majority, got Blair into striking distance and did the hard yards to change policy to make the previously unelectable electable.

I agree - he's the best thing that ever happened to the Labour Party.

Unfortunately, he paved the way for the worst person to happen to British politics.

Like most minor paties, UKIP can promise the world knowing they will never occupy the Treasury benches. They will never gain power. The major parties will test the wind and make policy adjustments, making UKIP irrelevant. Remember when the Social Democrats first started? Well ahead of Labour in the polls. Labour changed leaders, went to the right and they disappeared. Jenkins, Rogers and Owen? No minor party has gained real traction in Britain since Labour in the twenties.

Missed the televised UKIP v Lib Dem debate today, but interesting to dig up this thread and see where we are now. Who won the debate?

Missed the televised UKIP v Lib Dem debate today, but interesting to dig up this thread and see where we are now. Who won the debate?

I doubt it changed the views of many people watching it and I expect the papers will say the winner was who ever they think their readership most identifies with.

good to see farage and clegg get something like this under their belts

it will stand them in good stead when they become proper politicians

I think Farage will gain more voters from the debate but he didn't win the debate, he talked nonsense most of the time but his target audience will probably fall for it. Plus Clegg has zero credibility along with Lib Dems in general right now.

I think Farage will gain more voters from the debate but he didn't win the debate, he talked nonsense most of the time but his target audience will probably fall for it. Plus Clegg has zero credibility along with Lib Dems in general right now.

I think Farage is very good at winning over people who aren't all that familiar with politics or younger people just off the age to vote who are just starting to learn about politics. I know I was when I was 15! Now I can look back at it and laugh!

I don't think UKIP will become the third party but they certainly will pick up a few seats.

I think it is fair to say Clegg has been shown up for what he really is, out of his depth, and rather bitchy for a man

I think Farage is very good at winning over people who aren't all that familiar with politics or younger people just off the age to vote who are just starting to learn about politics. I know I was when I was 15! Now I can look back at it and laugh!

I don't think UKIP will become the third party but they certainly will pick up a few seats.

I think Lib Dems are dead in the water. UKIP will become the third party. About time the doogooders have fooked off out of politics. All they have done is produced a confused Britian, not a fooking modern Britain as that plank keeps going on about.

Last edited:
I think Lib Dems are dead in the water. UKIP will become the third party. About time the doogooders have fooked off out of politics. All they have done is produced a confused Britian, not a fooking modern Britain as that plank keeps going on about.

Yeh we prefer dooobaders over here. WTF.

Back