• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

UKIP

Gordinho

Banned
Will they become the political wing of the EDL without even attempting to?

Last edited:
You disappoint me.

I thought you were above this type of thing.

However, seeing as you ask, absolutely not.

But if they are, one hell of a lot of people in this country must be EDL lite too.

Which is what prompted me to ask the question, after the events of this week and some very public reactions to it I think that many people will turn to UKIP as a legitimate alternative to the EDL and other organisations of a similar ilk.

Whether we agree with a lot of the spastic knee jerking going on on the like of facebook or not, many of those knee jerking have votes, Farage didn't ask for this obviously but I'd be surprised if "his" party doesn't gain an awful lot of votes out of it.

So I think that people will default to him due to the party's name rather than for their policies. As I've mentioned before, other than them being broadly anti Europe I'm not really aware of what they stand for but in a country where people cannot distinguish between the EDL & EDF and paediatricians & paedophiles I'm sure that the knee jerks will graduate towards them.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting piece on some of the members of UKIP, I didn't know much about them till recently but they have some interesting characters in their party to say the least

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-councillors-racist-rants-more-1897414

Brilliant.

If ever you wanted an un-biased piece about UKIP, you go to The Mirror.

Look, it's been done time and again. Every party has skeletons in its closet.

I'll find the piece at some stage, but there are 2 serving labour councillors who were members of a far-right group that actually dressed in Nazi uniforms and demanded the re-patriation of "immigrants".
But of course, you'd never see that reported in The Mirror.

There are more, but it becomes tiresome listing them.

Which is what prompted me to ask the question, after the events of this week and some very public reactions to it I think that many people will turn to UKIP as a legitimate alternative to the EDL and other organisations of a similar ilk.

Whether we agree with a lot of the spastic knee jerking going on on the like of facebook or not, many of those knee jerking have votes, Farage didn't ask for this obviously but I'd be surprised if "his" party doesn't gain an awful lot of votes out of it.

So I think that people will default to him due to the party's name rather than for their policies. As I've mentioned before, other than them being broadly anti Europe I'm not really aware of what they stand for but in a country where people cannot distinguish between the EDL & EDF and paediatricians & paedophiles I'm sure that the knee jerks will graduate towards them.

You can't control who votes for you.

I'm sure the Labour party were gutted to find a wealthy aristocrat, or capitalist head of business voted for them, aren't you?

Personally, I don't want extremists voting for UKIP. But I understand it would be hard to stop.

Brilliant.

I'll find the piece at some stage, but there are 2 serving labour councillors who were members of a far-right group that actually dressed in Nazi uniforms and demanded the re-patriation of "immigrants".

If I wanted an unbiased piece on UKIP I wouldn't know where to go, the Mail has it in for them even more than the left wing rags because of how they're tearing the Conservative vote apart.

That's me for now
Wooden-Hill-Logo.jpg
200px-Bedfordshire_UK_locator_map_2010.svg.png

Last edited:
Granted, so I've rephrased the original question.

Answer remains the same.

The UKIP leadership would be horrified if they were seen as anything to do with EDL.

Look, UKIP are simply what the Tory party used to be many, many years ago. Before everyone simply drifted to the middle and became the same under different names.
(And when I say many years ago, I mean many. Not the Tory party of the 80s and beyond.

If I wanted an unbiased piece on UKIP I wouldn't know where to go, the Mail has it in for them even more than the left wing rags because of how they're tearing the Conservative vote apart.

Is it possible to get that for ANY party though?

Surely it's a case of studying manifestos and deciding for yourself?

Brilliant.

Wasn't THAT tiresome.............

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/former-nazi-wins-a-labour-council-seat-1-3826439

yes i can see the similarities between someone that admits their wrong doings,is repentant and is trying to make amends.....and the people that LutonSpurs is trying to make look bad.

American History X was a tough movie, people didnt let Ed nortons character forget who he used to be either, much like Danny waite didnt let this woman forget who she used to be.

hmmm......actually, does the EDL have any black members? or Muslim members?

Probably not.

And that is where UKIP and EDL are simply not connected. UKIP has a number of blacks, Asians and others as councillors, members and even potential parliamentary candidates.

I will not deny there are bound to be some rotten eggs amongst them too. But as stated earlier, that will happen everywhere, no matter which party it is we are talking about.

I quoted one example of an EX "Nazi-style" supporter now being a Labour councillor. There are many others.

What about the Labour Lord who recently spouted some of the most anti-semetic trash ever heard? I see no-one bringing that debate up?

I don't want to cross threads with the Soldier murder here, but I will ask, with all the anger over the killing, and the soundbites coming from many different quarters, did you hear UKIP shouting out for tough action or reprisals? No.
They were one of the first to express shock, but immediately backed that up with a plea for people to not over-react and to stay calm.

I didn't even see that from our current government.

Probably not.

And that is where UKIP and EDL are simply not connected. UKIP has a number of blacks, Asians and others as councillors, members and even potential parliamentary candidates.

I will not deny there are bound to be some rotten eggs amongst them too. But as stated earlier, that will happen everywhere, no matter which party it is we are talking about.

I quoted one example of an EX "Nazi-style" supporter now being a Labour councillor. There are many others.

What about the Labour Lord who recently spouted some of the most anti-semetic trash ever heard? I see no-one bringing that debate up?

I don't want to cross threads with the Soldier murder here, but I will ask, with all the anger over the killing, and the soundbites coming from many different quarters, did you hear UKIP shouting out for tough action or reprisals? No.
They were one of the first to express shock, but immediately backed that up with a plea for people to not over-react and to stay calm.

I didn't even see that from our current government.

i would like to see something from a labour rep that shows how they currently feel about a group in distasteful prejudicial manner...the way Luton dug into the UKIP group. i dont want to see reformed people. it partially proves your point but it doesnt do anywhere near the sort of damage that Lutonspur posted

what are your thoughs on the EDL? i saw you discussing with KD about it and i cant quite get a proper grounding as to what you think of them as a whole

i would like to see something from a labour rep that shows how they currently feel about a group in distasteful prejudicial manner...the way Luton dug into the UKIP group. i dont want to see reformed people. it partially proves your point but it doesnt do anywhere near the sort of damage that Lutonspur posted

what are your thoughs on the EDL? i saw you discussing with KD about it and i cant quite get a proper grounding as to what you think of them as a whole

As a whole, they are un-supportable. Would never ever entertain the way they are.

I do not want to see violence of any sort on our streets, and all they are is the latest protest platform for extremists that used to be either NF, BNP or worse.

But, like ANY party (I don't see EDL as a party, by the way) there will always be something they say or do that makes you think.......ok, fair point.
Personally, I detest Labour, Liberal, and now even Tory policy. But within all of those, there will always be things that I can accept or agree with.

To sum up, AS, because there seems some doubt here, I am against extremism of any sort, but I am very patriotic (British patriotism, not English) and I will speak my mind when I see things that are specifically aimed at the core values of this nation. And, as it is the topic of conversation right now, that particularly includes the way SOME radical islamists are allowed to walk our streets and demand death to our soldiers, police and others, and refuse to accept the laws of this country.

Is that so bad?

If we had a far left (and I mean far, far left) uprising demanding the re-distribution of wealth and oppression of free-speech, I would be as up-in-arms as I am now.

i saw the whole remain calm and we will not be divided quote from cameron. not sure if he counts as our government?

The usual soundbites. Whatever it takes to make him sound as if he is in control.

I have no time for the man. I did not vote for him, nor this coalition joke.

Back