• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Oh dear our resident of the medical room will miss the world cup for Argentina due to injury, oh how sweet.

One door closes, another opens... Messi might finally get an extended run next to the GOAT

skysports-erik-lamela-lionel-messi_4473014.jpg

Has anyone been watching the U21 games on Spursplay? This current crop of players are probably the poorest bunch I've seen for years, I feel sorry for the 3/4 decent players in the team as their efforts are wasted and it could restrict their development.

Has anyone been watching the U21 games on Spursplay? This current crop of players are probably the poorest bunch I've seen for years, I feel sorry for the 3/4 decent players in the team as their efforts are wasted and it could restrict their development.

I know winning is not as important as player development when it comes to young players BUT our youth sides barely win a game nowadays. Our academy side are down the bottom and haven't won a single game so far this season! (Played 12). I hope Paratici, or whoever is responsible for the academy is putting plans in place to improve our whole youth structure.

I know winning is not as important as player development when it comes to young players BUT our youth sides barely win a game nowadays. Our academy side are down the bottom and haven't won a single game so far this season! (Played 12). I hope Paratici, or whoever is responsible for the academy is putting plans in place to improve our whole youth structure.

I feel disgusting saying it but gotta look at Chelsea's approach as they've done so well bringing academy players through to the 1st team.

An often had conversation on here is when they (Chelsea) sweep up the youth FA cup and most other youth tournament, someone says "Well it's only cause they've got the early developers physically, winning at that level isn't everything".

Yeah of course they hoover up all the best talent, why wouldn't they? And winning isn't a bad habit to get young players in to.

Can't really blame Conte for not wanting to use the yoofs if they're getting hammered every week by milwall's youth team or whoever, it is an embarrassing look for the club.

Our u18s have some good players coming through, the current U21 have some players like White, Fagan-Walcott, John and Bowen who have gone backwards and Lyons-Foster, Paskotsi never seem to play, I dont know if they are injured or on loan.

I feel disgusting saying it but gotta look at Chelsea's approach as they've done so well bringing academy players through to the 1st team.

An often had conversation on here is when they (Chelsea) sweep up the youth FA cup and most other youth tournament, someone says "Well it's only cause they've got the early developers physically, winning at that level isn't everything".

Yeah of course they hoover up all the best talent, why wouldn't they? And winning isn't a bad habit to get young players in to.

Can't really blame Conte for not wanting to use the yoofs if they're getting hammered every week by milwall's youth team or whoever, it is an embarrassing look for the club.
Their youth structure has been excellent for a long while. Ignore those on here who downplay what Chelsea have done at a youth level, they’re clutching at straws.
We have let ours badly stagnate since Inglethorpe left. We have great facilities but weak scouting and recruitment.

Back