• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Both of them would typically be sold back to Netherlands and France at half the price or something.

And yet there has been no sign of interest.

Janssen has had one good season in Holland, and it was a Turkish team (name escapes me) that actually wanted him on loan, where he hardly pulled up any trees...

NKoudou got a loan to Burnley where, once again, no real impression was made.

From the outside - who will even want them!?

NKoudou managed a loan back in France, hopefully that does enough to earn him a move.

Janssen? Who the hell knows? I wouldnt be at all surprised at another loan with the hope of it generating a move.

Last summer? I can completely understand why they were so difficult to shift, and I dont think its simply that we were asking for to high a fee.

We've done pretty well I think.
Son
Berbatov
Stalteri
I would call successes.

Wimmer and Holtby were low risk, but flops.

Can't think of anyone else....
Do not forget the prince that was promised, Kevin P. Boateng, who has got a knack for resurfacing everywhere.

And yet there has been no sign of interest.

Janssen has had one good season in Holland, and it was a Turkish team (name escapes me) that actually wanted him on loan, where he hardly pulled up any trees...

NKoudou got a loan to Burnley where, once again, no real impression was made.

From the outside - who will even want them!?

NKoudou managed a loan back in France, hopefully that does enough to earn him a move.

Janssen? Who the hell knows? I wouldnt be at all surprised at another loan with the hope of it generating a move.

Last summer? I can completely understand why they were so difficult to shift, and I dont think its simply that we were asking for to high a fee.

Yeah, I get your point. It'll be hard to get rid of them. I just think our best hope is that their respective camps are in contact with someone in their old country making a deal happen somehow. I reckon we'll be prepared to take massive hits on both of them, just to move on, and I'm sure both players are prepared to do the same. One can hope, anyway!

I'd just like to say that I actually liked Janssen, and always felt like he was so close to succeeding. Sure, he's slow, but there is football in him.

I like Janssen. Has echoes of Soldado whom I always sympathised with as well.

He works hard, you can see he is trying, and I think you can see he has the potential ... but it just doesnt work. Bit of a hard luck tale but I do feel for him.

I think, in accounting terms at least, we can virtually give them both away without a loss. Their fees would have been written down significantly by now.

Though, Levy still likes to make a buck and I expect he will need to temper this urge.

Though, honestly, I just think there wont be much interest. In Janssen especially, perhaps Nkoudou has done well in France?

I do wonder if a loan somewhere like Sheffield Utd might work for him, they have ageing forwards and may be interested in strengthening...

That does assume there has been interest.

Janssen has done the square root of fudge all for us, and failed to impress in Turkey - why would people want to spend on him?

Similarly NKoudou.

Loans were about all we could hope for IMO, and them proving a decent shop window.

Counter argument to that is that is that if the asking prices for Janssen/GKN was low or realistic enough then there would be interest.

GKN's value certainly didnt increase from not playing for us over the first half of the year; plus I see that he's only played 3 times for Monaco since Jan.

Janssen was unlucky with injuries, granted, but still feels like a gamble holding on to him...plus it us meant that we didnt bring in proceeds which were desperately needed.

Everyone has a price - we need to be realistic about what prices our deadwood are worth

Counter argument to that is that is that if the asking prices for Janssen/GKN was low or realistic enough then there would be interest.

GKN's value certainly didnt increase from not playing for us over the first half of the year; plus I see that he's only played 3 times for Monaco since Jan.

Janssen was unlucky with injuries, granted, but still feels like a gamble holding on to him...plus it us meant that we didnt bring in proceeds which were desperately needed.

Everyone has a price - we need to be realistic about what prices our deadwood are worth

Why would there be when both players have done literally nothing over the last 2 or 3 seasons?

You manage a midtable side somewhere - would YOU look at either as a solution for your team? They would be a punt at best, and chances are you already have players of similar quality etc who are already playing.

Hence the loans, its the only real way for us to get them seen....

The idea that just making them cheaper is all thats needed to sell them seems naive to me, the players need to be worthy of actually buying - and I dont think its unfair to suggest neither are/were over the last couple of years.

Why would there be when both players have done literally nothing over the last 2 or 3 seasons?

You manage a midtable side somewhere - would YOU look at either as a solution for your team? They would be a punt at best, and chances are you already have players of similar quality etc who are already playing.

Hence the loans, its the only real way for us to get them seen....

The idea that just making them cheaper is all thats needed to sell them seems naive to me, the players need to be worthy of actually buying - and I dont think its unfair to suggest neither are/were over the last couple of years.

This is how Redknapp and Big Sam used to operate though. They would pick up the players from top teams who were not playing enough and convince them to come. IT had a good effect on Pompey and Bolton. So whilst I agree that it seems hard to shift players who have not played much. There are always managers out there that think they can pick them up and get them back to the original potential or form.

This is how Redknapp and Big Sam used to operate though. They would pick up the players from top teams who were not playing enough and convince them to come. IT had a good effect on Pompey and Bolton. So whilst I agree that it seems hard to shift players who have not played much. There are always managers out there that think they can pick them up and get them back to the original potential or form.

We've done it with van der Vaart, Alder and Moura too. None of them were getting games at Real/Athletico/PSG respectively, but have all worked out well for us.

I dont recall either picking up players who were not playing and had never been playing, like Janssen and NKoudou.

They went more for players that were decent pro's who had fallen out of favour. Proven players who had fallen down the pecking order.

I dont think our two qualify as that at all.

I dont recall either picking up players who were not playing and had never been playing, like Janssen and NKoudou.

They went more for players that were decent pro's who had fallen out of favour. Proven players who had fallen down the pecking order.

I dont think our two qualify as that at all.

You could be right, but surely leading scorer in Holland is a kind of proven player? maybe not! ;) Nkoudou obviously has some talent and like N'jie could go on and do well back in France or something.

You could be right, but surely leading scorer in Holland is a kind of proven player? maybe not! ;) Nkoudou obviously has some talent and like N'jie could go on and do well back in France or something.

Maybe? Janssen had one great season, based on his career it looks like the exception and not the rule.

He moved to the premier league, I wouldnt be at all surprised if a mid table Dutch club were looking at him his wages would be a concern - and they would be thinking twice about it. Can he rediscover that form? Is he worth the investment? Are they better off promoting that promising youngster?...

I think he needs a loan so clubs can see some performances and clear those doubts, right now he would be an outright gamble.

NKoudou is young, raw, and with potential to improve or just be brick. In a similar vein to Janssen I think he needs to be seen for people to want to gamble on him. Though I would guarantee his wages are much less of a concern and he is more likely an easier gamble to make.

There's no way we can loan Janssen or Nkoudou again. They are getting seriously into David Bentley territory. For everyone's sake, least not their own, they've got to move on now

There's no way we can loan Janssen or Nkoudou again. They are getting seriously into David Bentley territory. For everyone's sake, least not their own, they've got to move on now

Someone would take them, it's just that Levy probably wouldn't like the loan deal terms, but I think you're right we just need to accept them as a loss and try to move them on now.

Someone would take them, it's just that Levy probably wouldn't like the loan deal terms, but I think you're right we just need to accept them as a loss and try to move them on now.

We need their salaries and importantly overseas squad spaces off the books, and just can't risk them still being here come 8 August.

We need their salaries and importantly overseas squad spaces off the books, and just can't risk them still being here come 8 August.

You will not be the only one to know that ... clubs will low ball levy and levy will say "no one levys the levy"

I know no one here has a clear and current understanding of where the club is financially or how thing like transfers really happen a the club and definitely no one has any idea on what happens in the boardroom but...............with the above caveats I really hope this is the year that Levy shows more pragmatism with transfers and doesn't try to wring the last few pennies from each transfer to the detriment of our season. I know we will never be able to work like a doped up club but it would be nice to have one of those transfer windows where we have a few early announcements to give all of us a lift over the summer.

Tottenham and Everton are eyeing Real Betis' Argentina central midfielder Giovani Lo Celso, 23. (Sun)

Wales forward Gareth Bale, 29, was told he is not wanted at Real Madrid in a face-to-face meeting with coach Zinedine Zidane, but remains adamant he wants to stay at the club. (Mail)

Napoli's former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has hinted at a move for Mexico international winger Hirving Lozano, 23, who has been linked with Manchester United. (Calciomercato)

I really liked this lad in the world cup, would love it if we were interested. Was a bit of a diving brick in the first game against us in the CL but much improved in the second. Potentially one hell of a player...

Ancelotti has also refused to rule out a move for Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier, 28, after the England international's wife was reportedly spotted looking for schools in Naples. (Talksport)

French winger Anthony Martial, 23, faces a battle to convince Ole Gunnar Solskjaer he has a long-term future at Manchester United. (Mail)

Solskjaer will listen to offers for Martial because of his bad attitude in training. (Sun)

Martial's management agency has taken to Instagram to defend the forward's record at Manchester United amid criticism of his Old Trafford form. (Manchester Evening News)

Will we go back in AGAIN?

Bournemouth and Scotland winger Ryan Fraser is open to offers from other clubs with Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine reportedly keen on the 25-year-old. (Mail)

Absolutely no interest from me

DYBALA CLOSE TO LEAVING JUVE

Pablo Dybala is reportedly close to leaving Italian giants Juventusand Manchester United could be poised to pounce, according to Calcio Mercato.

The fee for the Argentinian would reportedly be close to the an eye-watering €100 million (£85 million) with Bayern Munich also interested.

Dybala has netted the second-most goals for the Turin club this season, striking 10 times as well as chipping in with four assists.

If Eriksen goes we should drop the lot on Dybala.

I like Janssen. Has echoes of Soldado whom I always sympathised with as well.

He works hard, you can see he is trying, and I think you can see he has the potential ... but it just doesnt work. Bit of a hard luck tale but I do feel for him.

I think, in accounting terms at least, we can virtually give them both away without a loss. Their fees would have been written down significantly by now.

Though, Levy still likes to make a buck and I expect he will need to temper this urge.

Though, honestly, I just think there wont be much interest. In Janssen especially, perhaps Nkoudou has done well in France?

I do wonder if a loan somewhere like Sheffield Utd might work for him, they have ageing forwards and may be interested in strengthening...

i Didn’t think he went anywhere in end, however he’s at Monaco!!

Back