• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Seen a lot of talk about Brandt. I have to warn folks here - a) he is next to non-existent defensively, with startlingly low numbers even for an attack-minded midfielder, and b) he doesn't actually play on the wings/attacking midfield anymore - he plays in central midfield, where his best form has come.

The two traits combined mean that, if he did come, we would need to play him in central midfield, in a three-man midfield - anything else wouldn't be getting the best out of him.

Seen a lot of talk about Brandt. I have to warn folks here - a) he is next to non-existent defensively, with startlingly low numbers even for an attack-minded midfielder, and b) he doesn't actually play on the wings/attacking midfield anymore - he plays in central midfield, where his best form has come.

The two traits combined mean that, if he did come, we would need to play him in central midfield, in a three-man midfield - anything else wouldn't be getting the best out of him.

The was an interview going round where he basically admitted to not liking defensive work and having disagreements with his coach about football.

The whole team needs to be set up for him. I think Havertz is probably the better player.

Havertz and Konate from RB would be the two players I would get from Germany. The future of midfield and defence right there.

For what it's worth, from the PL, I can see us springing for someone like Ake or Josh King from Bournemouth.

Ake is an elegant central defender with an eye for a pass or a dribble, pace and physicality. He's also left-footed, and can play anywhere across the backline, even in midfield (he's done so this season). He would cost 45-odd million, but he fits the profile we'd be looking for at CB. He's homegrown.

King is a rapid second striker, with physicality (over six foot), pace to burn and good technique. He's also homegrown, and would be able to fit in as a good backup across the frontline. Also coming into his prime, would likely cost 20-30 million.

Wouldn't be the worst outcomes, as long as we also get some other world-class players through the door.

Would anyone take Pritchard back for clever money? Could provide Eriksen cover? Who else in the relegated sides is worth a punt?
A strange one and I didn’t think it would happen but Babbel has impressed me in most of the Fulham games I’ve seen. Certainly looked a better option than Llorente.

A strange one and I didn’t think it would happen but Babbel has impressed me in most of the Fulham games I’ve seen. Certainly looked a better option than Llorente.

Babbel has looked ok i agree but he is not a line leader, if we do replace Llorente then we need a different type of player.

The was an interview going round where he basically admitted to not liking defensive work and having disagreements with his coach about football.

The whole team needs to be set up for him. I think Havertz is probably the better player.

Havertz and Konate from RB would be the two players I would get from Germany. The future of midfield and defence right there.

There is so much talent in Germany but we haven’t had great success recruiting from there

I have to agree though both of these are excellent players with scope to get better

I don’t agree with @DubaiSpur comments about Brandt as I’ve seen him tear up playing wide, although this season he is playing more central that’s true and been better for it (seen more of the ball)

For what it's worth, from the PL, I can see us springing for someone like Ake or Josh King from Bournemouth.

Ake is an elegant central defender with an eye for a pass or a dribble, pace and physicality. He's also left-footed, and can play anywhere across the backline, even in midfield (he's done so this season). He would cost 45-odd million, but he fits the profile we'd be looking for at CB. He's homegrown.

King is a rapid second striker, with physicality (over six foot), pace to burn and good technique. He's also homegrown, and would be able to fit in as a good backup across the frontline. Also coming into his prime, would likely cost 20-30 million.

Wouldn't be the worst outcomes, as long as we also get some other world-class players through the door.

Not for the price they would want.

There is so much talent in Germany but we haven’t had great success recruiting from there

I have to agree though both of these are excellent players with scope to get better

I don’t agree with @DubaiSpur comments about Brandt as I’ve seen him tear up playing wide, although this season he is playing more central that’s true and been better for it (seen more of the ball)

Son and Berbatov were excellent signings though.

If we could retain Eriksen, sign one world class CM, and add say 3 young punts with potential (RB, forward, CM), I would be happy. We used to be good at identifying up and coming players.

Back