• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Tell that to the Tottenham Legends who have just voted him their player of the Season. As far as I am concerned the two players are not mutually exclusive of each other. When Ndombele starts I will be happy to see Sissoko remain an integral part of the squad

Most of those awards are a popularity thing, hardly a cast iron clad statement of quality.

As far as Im concerned Sissoko is neither good enough or a right enough fit to play in our best team. If he stays in the squad he can prove valuable for closing games out and playing early cup games etc. IMO - he would probably prefer more than that, and we would probably prefer the £££ we could get for him now and giving those opportunities to a younger prospect.

I wonder if theres a Stockholm Syndrome kind of thing going on here.

And I also wonder just how many people who have made themselves Sissoko Champions will still be banging the drum for him once they have spent some time watching the team with quality like NDombele offers.
One group of posters goes by what they see and is clearly evident, and another goes with preconceived notions. I wonder who is suffering from Stockholm syndrome...

Most of those awards are a popularity thing, hardly a cast iron clad statement of quality.

As far as Im concerned Sissoko is neither good enough or a right enough fit to play in our best team. If he stays in the squad he can prove valuable for closing games out and playing early cup games etc. IMO - he would probably prefer more than that, and we would probably prefer the £££ we could get for him now and giving those opportunities to a younger prospect.
Cue Poch's starting lineup for the majority of games next season... :p

If all goes well this summer, the only place for Sissoko if he stays is on the bench, at best.

Thats not rhetoric, thats just the truth.
Fingers crossed that will happen, I think we’ll need another signing after N’Dombele for that to be so though. At present I’d say Wanyama is surplus to requirements and Dier is now purely a reserve at best. Might be a good idea to sell both of them in an attempt to fund most of the fee for Lo Celso? Leaving us N’Dombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen and Dele as central midfield options.

just on the Chelsea Kovacic thing and June 30th - they couldn't sign whoever they wanted before June 30th - he is registered with them already so as long as his loan hasn't ended they don't need to re-register, I would guess the same for Higuain (lol)

Kovacic spent last season on loan at Stamford Bridge, so Chelsea have already registered him. It means, providing the deal is done before the loan expires on 30 June, it would not require another registration. Therefore, that would not contravene Fifa's transfer ban on Chelsea, which runs until the end of January 2020.

Sounds like gonad*s to me, but who knows ...
I think that is probably about right. I think that will fund N’Dombele and Clarke. Other signings will come from sales, hence the apparent drop of interest in Lo Celso when as it became apparent that clubs were unlikely to be coming in for Eriksen at the fee we were looking for.

Personally I would sell both Wanyama (broken) and Dier (not good enough) to fund Lo Celso. Selling Trippier would then fund Sessegnon.

Fingers crossed that will happen, I think we’ll need another signing after N’Dombele for that to be so though. At present I’d say Wanyama is surplus to requirements and Dier is now purely a reserve at best. Might be a good idea to sell both of them in an attempt to fund most of the fee for Lo Celso? Leaving us N’Dombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen and Dele as central midfield options.

I think I think much more highly of Dier than you, and would be very happy for him to stick around.

He is, IMO, a much better player for our side than Sissoko.

Wanyama just appears to be broken, and much like Lamela (and Dembele before hand) when a player is so consistently unavailable I think its time to move them on.

Sissoko could be a really good DM, were we to go down the route of playing a pure defensive player in there, but anything more in our side is just beyond him IMHO. If he stays I would expect him to basically just be a utility player, which if he is fine with and we choose to go with I wouldnt complain.

Eriksen and Dele are interesting, I think basically they are set to compete for the head of the midfield/behind Kane kind of position. Bother offer different things there, but both also seem best suited to that area of the pitch. Lo Celso would also seem to occupy that kind of area, so Im not sure I see him coming in unless Eriksen goes.

Dier is 5 years younger than Sissoko. I think that would be a factor in the 'who to keep' discussion

I think I think much more highly of Dier than you, and would be very happy for him to stick around.

He is, IMO, a much better player for our side than Sissoko.

Wanyama just appears to be broken, and much like Lamela (and Dembele before hand) when a player is so consistently unavailable I think its time to move them on.

Sissoko could be a really good DM, were we to go down the route of playing a pure defensive player in there, but anything more in our side is just beyond him IMHO. If he stays I would expect him to basically just be a utility player, which if he is fine with and we choose to go with I wouldnt complain.

Eriksen and Dele are interesting, I think basically they are set to compete for the head of the midfield/behind Kane kind of position. Bother offer different things there, but both also seem best suited to that area of the pitch. Lo Celso would also seem to occupy that kind of area, so Im not sure I see him coming in unless Eriksen goes.
Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I certainly don’t hate Dier as a player like you and Scara do Sissoko, I just think Dier is too slow, has poor control and gives the ball way too often in dangerous areas. When I watch Spurs Dier stands out as the least capable footballer and I think the opposition are often told to press him in particular, due to him being quite easy to draw a mistake from. If he counted as homegrown then I might just be inclined to keep him, but we might as well use Skipp to sit on the bench and come on for the last 5 minutes of games where we want to bolster the midfield with an ‘honest trier’.

Last edited:
If you have been paying attention you would know that all I have said about Sissoko is that I believe he should remain an integral part of the squad.
Again, I disagree (not that that's what you've been saying but that he should be integral).

I believe I've made the case enough times now about what trying to fit a Sissoko (or any similar player) into a system such as ours does. I also think that our performances whilst doing that have been sub-optimal at best. It would be far better (and probably cheaper) to have a player in the style of either of our two first choice midfielders (whether Ndombele's +1 is Dier, Winks or A N Other) than it is to have a Sissoko who doesn't really fit either of the two midfielders we employ.

If your argument is that he can have some role in the squad, I'd be inclined to agree - with the caveat that it would still be an expensive way of plugging a gap. An integral part of the squad should see a lot of playing time and that's absolutely not something I'd like to see out of him next season or beyond.

I’d want a RB still.
So do I but I don’t think we have the money for the transfer fee. Aarons is the right back I want Spurs to sign the most, but I think he would cost £30m+. I think the young right back at Derby also has the right attributes to eventually play at the top level, but even he would probably cost £15 to £20m. So I think we’ll have to make do with Aurier and KWP this season, unless there is a decent RB available on a free from somewhere?

Im not sure Aarons would cost that much, but I certainly do like the idea of us going for him.

Im pretty convinced at this point KWP isnt wanted/deemed good enough. Foyth starting ahead of him at RB at the end of the season has to be the final nail in the coffin for his career here. Given how poor/unavailable Trippier and Aurier were and barely getting games, and then Foyth being preferred - its pretty damning...

Again, I disagree (not that that's what you've been saying but that he should be integral).

I believe I've made the case enough times now about what trying to fit a Sissoko (or any similar player) into a system such as ours does. I also think that our performances whilst doing that have been sub-optimal at best. It would be far better (and probably cheaper) to have a player in the style of either of our two first choice midfielders (whether Ndombele's +1 is Dier, Winks or A N Other) than it is to have a Sissoko who doesn't really fit either of the two midfielders we employ.

If your argument is that he can have some role in the squad, I'd be inclined to agree - with the caveat that it would still be an expensive way of plugging a gap. An integral part of the squad should see a lot of playing time and that's absolutely not something I'd like to see out of him next season or beyond.

You're getting soft. :p

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham-interesting-option-player-fancies-working-poch-interesting-transfer/

Tottenham ‘most interesting option’ for player, fancies working with Poch, interesting transfer

By Sport Witness Team -

27th June 2019

There’s a consensus building around the Spanish sport media when it comes to Dani Ceballos: Real Madrid as a club aren’t as convinced as Zinedine Zidane that the player should be sold.

He’s been impressing for Spain’s U21 side, which has led to some soul searching. There’s even been suggestions that if Ceballos played for another club, Madrid would break the bank to sign him.

Marca today report the midfielder isn’t so keen on a permanent transfer, feeling he can succeed at Madrid sooner or later. The Spanish newspaper make a point that Zidane hasn’t really given enough prominence to some of the youngsters he’s had, and Marcos Llorente’s exit is described as ‘bittersweet’.

Over at El Confidencial it’s reported Florentino Perez ‘ignores’ Zidane on this matter, and any sale of the player would include a repurchase option. Tottenham are presented as a very serious possibility.

The Premier League club are the ‘most interesting option’, for both Madrid and the player. Mauricio Pochettino is a fan, and the 22 year old feels he can work well in the Tottenham manager’s system.

Spurs may not be so keen on a repurchase arrangement, but depending on the potential price, which isn’t specified, it could be a tempting scenario for Pochettino… just this once.

Arsenal, who have been linked elsewhere, don’t get a mention from El Confidencial.

So do I but I don’t think we have the money for the transfer fee. Aarons is the right back I want Spurs to sign the most, but I think he would cost £30m+. I think the young right back at Derby also has the right attributes to eventually play at the top level, but even he would probably cost £15 to £20m. So I think we’ll have to make do with Aurier and KWP this season, unless there is a decent RB available on a free from somewhere?
I’m with you here, Aaron’s seems the most exciting prospect there in the UK.

Back