• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Amazingly his attributes do not suit the team yet he was an integral part of a team that finished in the top 4 and made the CL final. You may not rate the player but obviously Poch does, and most importantly he did even when before he hit the heights of last season.
An integral player that we're about to spend a record amount (nearly doubling our current record) to replace?

Last edited:
Far better to ignore objective evidence like the above and rely on some kind of subjective, emotionally driven, gut instinct right?

You try to paint yourself as the highest possible intelligence and then you hold ridiculous stances like this Sissoko one. You lack rationality looking at Sissoko. I won’t get into a debate with you. As I said it’s utterly futile. You can say I’m illogical or whatever (I’m sure that’s your next move). I’m not, I just believe (again I know you don’t believe this) that to rely purely on logic leaves a person with holes all over their psyche, including their logic. As shown with you and Sissoko/Dier.

His passing range is one of his strongest assets, by far. He's not got an inclination to sit in and defend.

I may be wrong but I think that he's being brought in to break from deep, in the way that Dembele used to and Sissoko has been doing this past season. I'm sure that Sissoko will still get plenty of games but it's his position that looks most directly affected by this signing to me.

Or ignore the league they play in.
Tends to balance out across the stats. The teams he's playing against are marginally less good than some of the PL teams (don't forget we've got our share of cloggers too) but so is the team he's playing with.

You try to paint yourself as the highest possible intelligence and then you hold ridiculous stances like this Sissoko one. You lack rationality looking at Sissoko. I won’t get into a debate with you. As I said it’s utterly futile. You can say I’m illogical or whatever (I’m sure that’s your next move). I’m not, I just believe (again I know you don’t believe this) that to rely purely on logic leaves a person with holes all over their psyche, including their logic. As shown with you and Sissoko/Dier.
At one point in time, there was only one person on the planet that didn't believe some kind of GHod lifted up the Sun into the sky every morning. At one point in time only one person (or was it two) believed that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria.

I'm not even claiming to be the only or the first to see that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes, but I do and will continue to claim to be on the side of logic and the side that doesn't allow wishful thinking to cloud what really is a very simple and clear judgement.

As lovely a story as it would make for a much maligned Spurs player to suddenly learn how to play football and have some kind of Roy of the Rovers career resurrection, that's just not the case. What has happened is that Sissoko has gone from terrible to just not very good which, accompanied by his tireless effort and apparent lack of ego, has seen many claim he has gone from terrible to Pirlo.

Far better to ignore objective evidence like the above and rely on some kind of subjective, emotionally driven, gut instinct right?
Not arguing but more subjective given one plays in Ligue1 and the other the prem....or is there some scientific adjustment that smooths that out?

[QUOTE,KKMMMKK KMKQAA="alekaras, post: 1208965, member: 9611"]One of our two starting midfielders?
I would suggest Ndombele is filling the hole left by Dembele as apposed to replacing Sissoko[/QUOTE]
Which is the role Sissoko has been playing.

Unless you're suggesting we should be playing Sissoko as the one that picks up the ball from defence and dictates play? I'm not sure I can think of a role further outside of Sissoko's skillset (even the one his fanboys claim he has).

Not arguing but more subjective given one plays in Ligue1 and the other the prem....or is there some scientific adjustment that smooths that out?
From what I've seen of players that move leagues (within the top 5 leagues) their radars don't tend to change all that much. There's a lot of balance in that the team he plays for is also worse, so his actions are more difficult even against easier opposition. He also performed well in the CL with an admittedly small sample size. You can get those data from Squawka, but their new comparison page is horrible and any time I link to a filter of CL games, the page just returns domestic league matches.

That said, if you scrape the top off of both leagues, I don't think there's a huge difference. The best English teams are significantly better than the top few in France, but there's a lot of brick in the PL too.

Poch backed him and played him when almost everyone on this forum did not.

I would happily accept him as a bench player because he would give us depth. Say whatever you like about Sissoko the truth is we played some of our best football last season when he was playing alongside Winks. He was superior to both Wanyama and Dier last season.

Worst case scenario he would be a good back up for N'Dombele.

Say whatever you like about Sissoko, he has made 125 appearances in the last 3 seasons and interestingly there are no rumours to suggest that Poch wants rid of him at this stage.

I swear, the more you post on this thread the more I believe you are just @scaramanga in disguise

Yes, last season when Dier and Wanyama were terminally injured, Sissoko was better. Clearly that must mean he is and always will be the superior player, and explains perfectly how he suits the team and enhances it with his skillset...

There is a fair argument to suggest Poch played him not by preference, but by lack of choice. Which is true isnt as obvious as you might like to think.

Laughable.

Lets turn it on its head for a minute. What about some of the performances where we really hit top gear this season. Off the top of my head, i can think of the 6-2 away at everton, 3-1 at home v chelsea, and Dortmund at home. How do you explain his driving performances in midfield when the team clicked. A fluke?

The injuries to Alli, Kane, patchy form of Eriksen, awful form of Trippier, fatigue from World cup and associated injuries, have all contributed to poor form. Sissoko playing the biggest reason? absolute nonsense

You got 3 games, out of what? 60? Hardly discounts the point that we basically havent played well all season.

Injuries have contributed massively to our issues this season. Just as they are the primary reason Sissoko was playing.

However, for all the stick Alli and Eriksen have been getting you have to wonder - had Dembele stayed fit - would they have spent all year covering in midfield? Had Dembele been fit would Winks have had to be repurposed as a DM?

And, when all is said and done - an objective look at our performances season on season will show you that we play better football without Sissoko. And thats because his skillset just doesnt jive with our way of playing.

One of our two starting midfielders?

Genuinely, you WANT to go into next season with Sissoko in the starting 11?

An integral player that we're about to spend a record amount (nearly doubling our current record) to replace?

I wonder if theres a Stockholm Syndrome kind of thing going on here.

And I also wonder just how many people who have made themselves Sissoko Champions will still be banging the drum for him once they have spent some time watching the team with quality like NDombele offers.

Guardiola wants Isco
That’s according to Marca, who believe the Emirates Marketing Project boss sees the Spanish midfielder as the long-term successor to another Spaniard, David Silva.

Silva recently announced this would be his final season at the Etihad, and Guardiola is already thinking about who could replace him in the team.

Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane allegedly doesn’t particularly rate Isco, and would be willing to sell him, particularly having captured Eden Hazard.

Kovacic set for permanent Chelsea deal
Mateo Kovacic looks set to stay at Chelsea following his season-long loan spell at the club.

Reports suggest the Blues will pay £50m to his parent club Real Madrid to keep the Croatian international at Stamford Bridge.

They may have to move fast, however, as their transfer ban starts on June 30, meaning they have five days to finalise the deal.

The Adrien Rabiot saga pt. 26217631
Adrien Rabiot lives in this transfer blog, you know. He never wants to leave.

And his latest attempt at staying put has seemingly seen him ask Juventus for a “cooling off period” as he considers whether or not to join them or sign a new deal with PSG, which is now apparently on the table.

Football Italia cite ‘several French sources’ who claim that Rabiot was all set to sign for Juve until new PSG supremo Leonardo slammed a new offer down in front of the midfielder and his agent/mum/mainly publicist.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/27/report-west-ham-target-maxi-gomez-waiting-for-tottenham/
Report: West Ham target Maxi Gomez waiting for Tottenham
Olly Dawes
@O_DawesSport
2 hours ago

West Ham United continue to chase Maxi Gomez - but he may be waiting for Tottenham Hotspur.

According to The Mirror, Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez is holding out to find out whether Tottenham Hotspur want him before committing to West HamUnited.

Gomez, 22, has starred for Celta since arriving from Defensor Sporting in Uruguay two years ago, hitting 30 goals and nine assists in 71 games.

The burly forward is now a man in demand, and the London Evening Standard noted earlier this week that he remains Manuel Pellegrini's top striker target this summer.

However, new claims from The Mirror state that Gomez is actually delaying a decision about a move to the London Stadium – or anywhere else – in order to wait and see whether Tottenham want him.

The Daily Mail claimed in April that Spurs have been watching Gomez ahead of a potential move, and that may have just turned the striker's head.

Tottenham need to find a new striker to compete with Harry Kane having allowed Fernando Llorente to move on, and Gomez fits a similar bill as a big, physical striker to cause havoc.

If true, Gomez is seemingly valuing playing a bit-part role for a Champions League club challenging for silverware over being the star man of a team outside of European competition.

Gomez has essentially played that second role for Celta, and few would blame him if he did prefer a move to join Mauricio Pochettino at Spurs – but boy would it not go down well in East London.

Real Madrid have been told the price they need to pay to sign Tottenham Hotspur linked Donny van de Beek from Ajax this summer.

The Dutchman caught the eye of many with his performances for Ajax last season where they won the Eredivisie and made it to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Van de Beek is one of the several Ajax players who are in demand this summer and he has not unequivocally ruled out a move away from the Dutch champions ahead of next season.

Tottenham hold an interest in the midfielder, but Real Madrid have been shaping to make a concrete move to land him this summer.

According to Dutch daily De Telegraaf, they have been in touch with Ajax to assess the possibility of taking Van de Beek to the Spanish capital during the ongoing transfer window.

And the Spanish giants have been told that they would have to pay a fee in the region of €50m to €60m to get their hands on the midfielder this summer.

Van de Beek has been identified by the Real Madrid recruitment team as an alternative to Manchester United star Paul Pogba.

With the Red Devils not willing to lower their asking price for the Frenchman, the Spanish giants are considering signing Van de Beek from Ajax.

With the asking price clear, it remains to be seen if Tottenham will move for Van de Beek.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/06...-and-real-madrid-target/426061/#ixzz5s2QRpsCX

Unless you're suggesting we should be playing Sissoko as the one that picks up the ball from defence and dictates play? I'm not sure I can think of a role further outside of Sissoko's skillset (even the one his fanboys claim he has).

If you have been paying attention you would know that all I have said about Sissoko is that I believe he should remain an integral part of the squad.

I wonder if theres a Stockholm Syndrome kind of thing going on here.

And I also wonder just how many people who have made themselves Sissoko Champions will still be banging the drum for him once they have spent some time watching the team with quality like NDombele offers.

Tell that to the Tottenham Legends who have just voted him their player of the Season. As far as I am concerned the two players are not mutually exclusive of each other. When Ndombele starts I will be happy to see Sissoko remain an integral part of the squad

Back