• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

Over a two-season period, we were the best team in the PL, just got denied the trophy by two other teams having freak seasons.

The next season, we scrape our way to the Champions League final at the end of a relatively mediocre season, but are too physically and psychologically knackered to make a challenge of it.

I can but hope that Ange can manage the two things that Poch could not -- win something (anything!) and build a foundation for sustained success. To build a team that's great for a couple of seasons is merely brilliance, but to make one that lasts is greatness.

The foundations the club built Poch added to, then we all but threw it away with Jose and conte.

Over a two-season period, we were the best team in the PL, just got denied the trophy by two other teams having freak seasons.

The next season, we scrape our way to the Champions League final at the end of a relatively mediocre season, but are too physically and psychologically knackered to make a challenge of it.

I can but hope that Ange can manage the two things that Poch could not -- win something (anything!) and build a foundation for sustained success. To build a team that's great for a couple of seasons is merely brilliance, but to make one that lasts is greatness.

Ange and any manager that comes after him will benefit from the clubs increased revenue, which should allow us to build a squad with much greater strength in depth than any that came before (PL era anyway) which is paramount to bringing success on the pitch.

The foundations the club built Poch added to, then we all but threw it away with Jose and conte.
We're going to have to differ slightly on this one, as I think the rot started during Poch's time. Regardless of who gets the blame, key players weren't getting adequately replaced as they aged.

Whether that's down to Levy's tightness...the project running too early (i.e. before the new stadium started bringing in the cash)...Poch needing ages to bed players in...various N' players...or just the damn lemons...is something we'll never know for sure.

Hopefully we're lucky enough to have appointed Ange at a perfect time -- ridiculous stadium revenue and FFP finally being enforced could catapult us right up there. If the next few signings continue to prove successful, I can only dream of what the next few seasons could bring.

Last edited:
We're going to have to differ slightly on this one, as I think the rot started during Poch's time. Regardless of who gets the blame, key players weren't getting adequately replaced as they aged.

Whether that's down to Levy's tightness...the project running too early (i.e. before the new stadium started bringing in the cash)...Poch needing ages to bed players in...various N' players...or just the damn lemons...is something we'll never know for sure.

Hopefully we're lucky enough to have appointed Ange at a perfect time -- ridiculous stadium revenue and FFP finally being enforced could catapult us right up there. If the next few signings continue to prove successful, I can only dream of what the next few seasons could bring.
Pochs lack of experience at managing exits and making players leave hurt him
I’m also sure his lack of change of coaches didn’t help either

But he took us from one step to another. He made us believe again …

As I've said before, Synergy, just as one person can't take all the credit one person can't take all the blame.

This is 100% true. We had gotten stale, there was no real player turnover for years. You can't just keep playing the same guys game after game. You need new faces to hear what is to them new ideas but also to stimulate new thinking and approaches from the coach.

Gio Reyna to Forest is interesting, obvs his agent Mendes helping out Nuno, but he's a very talented player. One to watch if it comes off.

Norf Londoner, too. Born in Edmonton. Only age 23. Contract with Lille (halfway already to becoming Lily White) ends in 2025. But they're in the hunt for top 3-4 in France, might be reluctant to release him. Impressive skills - Velcro Toes!™ - in this video:

Last edited:
Back