• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

It strikes me that Chelsea want Fulham to provide a shop window. Play him sufficiently to show other clubs that Broja is worth a decent transfer fee next summer.

Yep. Both teams getting something they want out of a deal isn't corruption. It's how business deals happen.

I agree with @JerusalemMan hopefully he does badly. Chelsea can't get rid, they fail ffp. Yes that is harsh on the player. But seeing how chelsea got him from us in the first place i don't care.

I heard some journo mention that we would most likely see a pattern where clubs spend big for one season, then have 2 quiet years, before repeating the process. Apparently this is happening already in the Championship. Will be interesting to see how it goes over the next couple of years

I heard some journo mention that we would most likely see a pattern where clubs spend big for one season, then have 2 quiet years, before repeating the process. Apparently this is happening already in the Championship. Will be interesting to see how it goes over the next couple of years

That is how everton got caught out. They couldn't balance the books.

Also in the next couple of days the prem are meeting regarding to changing the rules to be more alligned with uefas. Yet to see the final details. But it looks like it would be year by year.

It makes sense unless you have a huge income
It all come down to how you manage those fallow years

It was also mentioned that the Saudi league didn't spend much this window because they all get a share of the x billions per season money from the league/state and pretty much just blew it all straight away in the summer window and filled up all their overseas players quotas. Apparently they have more spots for overseas players in their squad next season so in the Summer they will most likely go again with the spending, although it was suggested they are not likely to go for ageing superstars as much going forward, But I guess we will see.

All the talk is about clubs selling academy products to keep within PSR, but who are the clubs that are going to spend 20-50 million on rejects? If they're good enough, why not play them instead? Saves you from getting into trouble by overspending in the first place.

It was also mentioned that the Saudi league didn't spend much this window because they all get a share of the x billions per season money from the league/state and pretty much just blew it all straight away in the summer window and filled up all their overseas players quotas. Apparently they have more spots for overseas players in their squad next season so in the Summer they will most likely go again with the spending, although it was suggested they are not likely to go for ageing superstars as much going forward, But I guess we will see.
They will clear up Chelsea’s mess for them
Especially as they own a chunk of teh club

All the talk is about clubs selling academy products to keep within PSR, but who are the clubs that are going to spend 20-50 million on rejects? If they're good enough, why not play them instead? Saves you from getting into trouble by overspending in the first place.

It's how most clubs get in trouble. New owner comes in. Spends big to try and gain quick success. Fail. Have to sell players to balance the books. Team gets worse. Results too. So have to sell more replace with cheaper. Team gets worse. Results too. Rinse and repeat. Liverpool, spurs and arsenal never bank on getting getting in the cl. Utd if they miss out 2 years on the trott would lose a big chunk of sponsorship money.

Boehly seemed to think chelsea were guaranteed cl football every year. Oops.

It's how most clubs get in trouble. New owner comes in. Spends big to try and gain quick success. Fail. Have to sell players to balance the books. Team gets worse. Results too. So have to sell more replace with cheaper. Team gets worse. Results too. Rinse and repeat. Liverpool, spurs and arsenal never bank on getting getting in the cl. Utd if they miss out 2 years on the trott would lose a big chunk of sponsorship money.

I wonder if Boehly is now a bit more up to speed on everything and realises what a mess he made of his first year? Or, Do you think he's still plowing ahead with the same mindset?

They will clear up Chelsea’s mess for them
Especially as they own a chunk of teh club

They own 2.5% of the club max. They've got the world cup now. Really can't see them caring that much. The players they bought were cl winners. So did have prestige value.
Even ronaldo and benzema didn't make their league popular.

He was looking for a super league or something else
Can’t work out how else they would ever look to make money

I wonder if Boehly is now a bit more up to speed on everything and realises what a mess he made of his first year? Or, Do you think he's still plowing ahead with the same mindset?

No idea. Seems clearlakes strategy when buying companies is to flip it in 5 years for a profit.

Seemed simple on the surface. Buy chelsea. Bring in some young players. Cut the wage bill. Win a trophy or 2. Get planning permission for a new stadium at earls court. Sell.

The land they don’t own
That would cost them £B to develop…

No but land that is looking for an anchor tennant. One of the guys that was involved with the buying of chelsea worked on the earls court development (the english guy, can't remember his name).

You can then either redevelop the stamford bridge land or sell it to someone that will.

Back