• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

The Guardian says we're talking to Bayern about midfielder Joshua Kimmich. For £60m!?

He'd be a proper Rottweiler in our midfield - well, he was born in Rottweil - but finding it hard to believe Levy would plunk down that amount for a 28-year-old who is out of contract in June 2025.

The Guardian says we're talking to Bayern about midfielder Joshua Kimmich. For £60m!?

He'd be a proper Rottweiler in our midfield - well, he was born in Rottweil - but finding it hard to believe Levy would plunk down that amount for a 28-year-old who is out of contract in June 2025.
Would be a fantastic signing. Can't see it happening though. Us paying that fee, bigger/richer clubs not coming in for him, him agreeing to join us, Tuchel under pressure at Bayern so why sell etc...

I think we're done for the window and I'm fine with that.

We got in our one true need with another CB (and one that can cover either left or right side of the pair) and made a no-lose gamble loan signing in Werner who covers LW and CF positions which was important while Son is away.

Nusa in and loaned back would've been a nice bonus but not an essential signing. While I do think he will make it to a very high level in the game I'm not sure he necessarily would've pushed forward to his full potential coming into Spurs with the pressure and level required of him being so high immediately. I think at Brentford he'll have a chance to properly develop into a brilliant winger.

If we could sign Wharton and loan him back to Blackburn for the rest of the season then it would be a 9 out of 10 window for me. Is already a 7 out of 10 window anyway (and IMO no club has done better business than us so far).

I think we're done for the window and I'm fine with that.

We got in our one true need with another CB (and one that can cover either left or right side of the pair) and made a no-lose gamble loan signing in Werner who covers LW and CF positions which was important while Son is away.

Nusa in and loaned back would've been a nice bonus but not an essential signing. While I do think he will make it to a very high level in the game I'm not sure he necessarily would've pushed forward to his full potential coming into Spurs with the pressure and level required of him being so high immediately. I think at Brentford he'll have a chance to properly develop into a brilliant winger.

If we could sign Wharton and loan him back to Blackburn for the rest of the season then it would be a 9 out of 10 window for me. Is already a 7 out of 10 window anyway (and IMO no club has done better business than us so far).
Would be nice to sell Rodon and Sess too, reduce the deck clearing that'll be needed in the summer

Would be nice to sell Rodon and Sess too, reduce the deck clearing that'll be needed in the summer
Nobody will pay money for Sessegnon due to his injuries. We also have a low number of association trained players. In theory he is also likely to be a player that would suit Postecoglou's system. I think it would therefore be pointless to jettison him and I'd rather see if he can get over his injury and see where he can get to with a preseason this summer.

Nobody will pay money for Sessegnon due to his injuries. We also have a low number of association trained players. In theory he is also likely to be a player that would suit Postecoglou's system. I think it would therefore be pointless to jettison him and I'd rather see if he can get over his injury and see where he can get to with a preseason this summer.
Only 18 months on his contract. We might get £7-8m from someone like fulham or bournemouth now, whereas we'll probably have to loan him out to get him off the books next summer

Daniel takes a lot of criticism but he is one of the best to work with in terms of at least you know where you are. Even at the end it was good. He understood why I wanted to leave.
Surely he was the one dumped and not the other way round?!?

That's what I thought. I think Hitchen has got a whiff of the Tim Sherwood's about his own life story.
It was reported at the time that it was Hitchen leaving and not him getting sacked. Like @JerusalemMan said, a case of someone coming in to do your job and you being relagated to a smaller often gives reason to quit.

Back