• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

The Guardian says we're talking to Bayern about midfielder Joshua Kimmich. For £60m!?

He'd be a proper Rottweiler in our midfield - well, he was born in Rottweil - but finding it hard to believe Levy would plunk down that amount for a 28-year-old who is out of contract in June 2025.
Don't let him take corners! Commentary on a Bundesliga game said he'd taken over 150 corners without them scoring!

Only 18 months on his contract. We might get £7-8m from someone like fulham or bournemouth now, whereas we'll probably have to loan him out to get him off the books next summer
If we could get £7-8m for him now injured then we'll likely still be able to get that for him in the summer. IMO the gamble of him getting over his his surgery and having a proper pre-season under Postecoglou and becoming an option to cover Udogie and LW is well worth it versus £7-8m.

If we could get £7-8m for him now injured then we'll likely still be able to get that for him in the summer. IMO the gamble of him getting over his his surgery and having a proper pre-season under Postecoglou and becoming an option to cover Udogie and LW is well worth it versus £7-8m.
Has he ever really shown he could be that though?
I don't think he has. And even if there is a possibility, it's unlikely he'll stay fit for a decent period of time - too many reasons that he won't be a reliable backup. I'd rather have the £8m to invest in a backup.

Its abit amazing to see that Jack Clark is rated 2 of players in Championship…
13 goals and 3 assist this season. I bet someone is kicking him self for selling him and not loaning him out

Its abit amazing to see that Jack Clark is rated 2 of players in Championship…
13 goals and 3 assist this season. I bet someone is kicking him self for selling him and not loaning him out

Sell on clause included, he was literally on loan for 4 seasons and scored 1 goal.

Has he ever really shown he could be that though?
I don't think he has. And even if there is a possibility, it's unlikely he'll stay fit for a decent period of time - too many reasons that he won't be a reliable backup. I'd rather have the £8m to invest in a backup.
He has shown a lot more than fans care to remember
but his fitness issues are just now plain daft
the guy needs to go to shake that off
same with lo celso

Blimey, Marvin must feel the Ndombele shaped shame has expired: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68129211
Have to say even for the Beeb that is a terrible article. He says "if we'd gone from Jose to Conte" - we did - there was a small spell of Nuno in between but not long enough to impact style of play and Nuno players would be very much like Jose at the end of the day.

I think he's a bag of hot air, who got found out for not being very good at the job and is now doing something less in the firing line.

Have to say even for the Beeb that is a terrible article. He says "if we'd gone from Jose to Conte" - we did - there was a small spell of Nuno in between but not long enough to impact style of play and Nuno players would be very much like Jose at the end of the day.

I think he's a bag of hot air, who got found out for not being very good at the job and is now doing something less in the firing line.
I think Daniel is always fairly nice on the way in, and on the way out. (Most managers speak well of him after leaving).

And I believe that's because it's mostly transactional with Daniel. He's paying you (usually handsomely) to do a job, as soon as he thinks your not giving value for money, or not performing, its thank you, but goodbye. You're useful until you're not :). I don't think HE wants the whole thing to get emotional so probably deals with these relationships with plain talk.

so the window SLAMS shut tonight then. been an uneventful window for the prem on a whole. I actually like it. Was only every supposed to be a window for emergency needs if possible.

so the window SLAMS shut tonight then. been an uneventful window for the prem on a whole. I actually like it. Was only every supposed to be a window for emergency needs if possible.
No it doesn't. It's tomorrow 11pm UK time. All the major leagues have agreed to 1st February 24:00 cet.

I think Daniel is always fairly nice on the way in, and on the way out. (Most managers speak well of him after leaving).

And I believe that's because it's mostly transactional with Daniel. He's paying you (usually handsomely) to do a job, as soon as he thinks your not giving value for money, or not performing, its thank you, but goodbye. You're useful until you're not :). I don't think HE wants the whole thing to get emotional so probably deals with these relationships with plain talk.

Yep rightly or wrongly, let's not forget most managers put themselves in the window and say they can do a job with what's there, most if not all doing so in an interview. If they can't, won't or don't there is by nature an element that's on them

We're being linked with another promising young player - Lucas Bergvall.

Allegedly it's between us and Barcelona from all the offers he's been made, and it had looked like Barca was a slam dunk.
But their financial position is getting ever more horrible and Deco has just said they won't sign anyone else this window - which doesn't preclude a deal for the summer.

We're being linked with another promising young player - Lucas Bergvall.

Allegedly it's between us and Barcelona from all the offers he's been made, and it had looked like Barca was a slam dunk.
But their financial position is getting ever more horrible and Deco has just said they won't sign anyone else this window - which doesn't preclude a deal for the summer.
Hopefully Deki will put in a good word

Reactions: jrh
Back