• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Anthony seems like a bit of a show pony with all the tricks and that- can't see that fitting on a Conte team

Anthony seems like a bit of a show pony with all the tricks and that- can't see that fitting on a Conte team

Don’t really know the player, but his stats look pretty good. Apart from his tricks is there anything else that you have seen about him that would warrant a move for him? How many games have you seen him play? Any potential there? What player is he similar to?

Are we looking for a winger? Can he play as a striker? As I've written before I dont think Conte wants to gamble on development, he wants players who can hit the ground running. Any forward joining us must be able to put pressure on any of the 3 in the team now, we've got Parrott and Scarlett for development or even Etete or Gil.

Yes like Richarlison he is equally comfortable as a striker and winger. He is left footed but more comfortable on the right and there is no doubt he is an extreme talent.

Well antony has 9 caps for brazil, has played in the champions league, and won a league title. Kulu was younger when we bought him.

My concern would be that other players coming out of ajax recently haven't lived up to expectations. De jong, de light, van der beek, sanchez...

I agree about recent Ajax players ability to progress, they are nearly all superbly coached and have good techniques but play in a virtual one team league. I think Bŕazilian caps are as easy to get as England caps maybe even easier, they have always been prepared to give youth a chance.

Don’t really know the player, but his stats look pretty good. Apart from his tricks is there anything else that you have seen about him that would warrant a move for him? How many games have you seen him play? Any potential there? What player is he similar to?

Oh I'm just going off the buzz that's been around him the last year or so - lots of clips doing the rounds last season of him showboating

Oh I'm just going off the buzz that's been around him the last year or so - lots of clips doing the rounds last season of him showboating

appreciate the honesty, but clips usually only show stuff like tricks and flicks. take ndombele for prime example A…

I agree about recent Ajax players ability to progress, they are nearly all superbly coached and have good techniques but play in a virtual one team league. I think Bŕazilian caps are as easy to get as England caps maybe even easier, they have always been prepared to give youth a chance.
Brazil caps are easier to come by but not because they're willing to give youth a chance.
Clubs and agents often pick the Brazil national side, those transfer fees go up massively if you can put Brazillian international in negotiations.

Would mean we definitely get another attacker in.

My thoughts exactly.

Does feel like a good deal for Ajax. Kind of feel like a decent season, maybe on loan to someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa etc, could have increased his value considerably. I could see him tearing it up in the Dutch league for a cople years and then being sold back to a team in a major european league for £40m

That said, if we can sell him and get a £50m forward in, we're be a lot stronger

My thoughts exactly.

Does feel like a good deal for Ajax. Kind of feel like a decent season, maybe on loan to someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa etc, could have increased his value considerably. I could see him tearing it up in the Dutch league for a cople years and then being sold back to a team in a major european league for £40m

That said, if we can sell him and get a £50m forward in, we're be a lot stronger

Maybe we agree a sell on percentage.

Letting 2 established, experienced and (relatively) highly rated strikers go for nothing and re-newing a clearly sub-par strikers contract is pretty innovative to be fair.
The innovation is attempting to copy a team and club that has a £b invested in it and a manager who actually has experience and knowledge
They probably thing that having no strikers could work for them too

Back