• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Yep, buying marquinhos when you have saliba coming back from loan. Jesus when you really need an out and out striker that can get you 20 goals a season. I don't see any strategy. Just buying more of the same.

We needed a backup hg goalkeeper tick. Strengthen our wingbacks, one down another hopefully coming. Strengthen our cm, tick. Now possibly an lcb, a cb, an attacking mid and someone who can cover all 3 front positions. Fans have been saying it since march. The club seems to think the same.

Yeah, btw Marquinhos is meant to be a young striker and i suspect he'll be sent out on loan to get used to Europe etc.
But yeah, the only thing that makes some sense is that Edu is trying to make Arsenal the 'go to' club for young Brazillians (or alternatively, he;s out of his depth elsewhere and so is sticking close to what he knows..)

Either way, he's make Don Fabio look like, well, a Don

Yeah, btw Marquinhos is meant to be a young striker and i suspect he'll be sent out on loan to get used to Europe etc.
But yeah, the only thing that makes some sense is that Edu is trying to make Arsenal the 'go to' club for young Brazillians (or alternatively, he;s out of his depth elsewhere and so is sticking close to what he knows..)

Either way, he's make Don Fabio look like, well, a Don

Didn't realise there's two marquinhos. Ones a cb.

You thought they'd bought the one at PSG???:eek:

Choose any Brazilian/Portuguese one-named footballer and there's probably at least two playing at any time...

No, i knew they bought him from brazil. Just when i looked to see what position he played i looked at the wrong one. Didn't check the other details. Really don't care that much about them.

Continual noise on the Lautaro Martinez front.

I really can’t see that one. Would we really pay a fortune for a player that wouldn’t be a natural starter? Yes I’m aware about the need for a squad but that’s where someone like Richardson becomes a shrewd move as he plays 2 positions and will cost less.

Us paying 80m for a striker when we already have Kane?

Can’t see it personally.

I really can’t see that one. Would we really pay a fortune for a player that wouldn’t be a natural starter? Yes I’m aware about the need for a squad but that’s where someone like Richardson becomes a shrewd move as he plays 2 positions and will cost less.

Can’t see it personally.

Perhaps Conte thinks he can also play in one or both of the wide attacking roles? So him or Richarlison? If not I really struggle to see it.

I think what happened with the Bissouma rumours is worth paying attention to. Some links, but not a lot of clear rumours, then all of a sudden very strong rumours when the deal seems to have been rather advanced.

Not giving a lot of credit to these rumours unless something more substantial shows up.

Can’t see it personally.

I think Martinez is mobile enough to fit into our front 3 nicely, either as CF with Kane rest or maybe with him and Son slightly narrower and Kane a bit deeper

either way, there are enough similarities between Jesus, Richarlison and Martinez so see the type of player which we're looking to add and such that we have 4 decent forwards (plus Moura) for next season, with bergwijn leaving

This is what conte wanted according to the press, to have everyone signed sealed and delivered before they go away to south Korea for the preseason.

well done levy for finally letting go and allowing paratici and conte get matters right on the pitch. As for levy, pull a rabbit out of the hat and announce the cheese room already

This is what conte wanted according to the press, to have everyone signed sealed and delivered before they go away to south Korea for the preseason.

well done levy for finally letting go and allowing paratici and conte get matters right on the pitch. As for levy, pull a rabbit out of the hat and announce the cheese room already

Think he'll get his core targets (position wise) done. Have a suspicion we might get someone else near the close of the window. We'll still have to sell some and usually there is a club desperately trying to balance their books by offloading someone.

Think he'll get his core targets (position wise) done. Have a suspicion we might get someone else near the close of the window. We'll still have to sell some and usually there is a club desperately trying to balance their books by offloading someone.

I think after the core targets are done Paratici will just work on sales/loans and maybe bringing in a sarr type signing.

Are we looking for a winger? Can he play as a striker? As I've written before I dont think Conte wants to gamble on development, he wants players who can hit the ground running. Any forward joining us must be able to put pressure on any of the 3 in the team now, we've got Parrott and Scarlett for development or even Etete or Gil.

perhaps, or maybe the player has shown that he can be a great addition and push the starting IX. Maybe has a higher ceiling than Stevie B? Who knows

Are we looking for a winger? Can he play as a striker? As I've written before I dont think Conte wants to gamble on development, he wants players who can hit the ground running. Any forward joining us must be able to put pressure on any of the 3 in the team now, we've got Parrott and Scarlett for development or even Etete or Gil.

We're after spence?

Along with 3 or 4 other wingbacks if you read the fairystories.

Well antony has 9 caps for brazil, has played in the champions league, and won a league title. Kulu was younger when we bought him.

My concern would be that other players coming out of ajax recently haven't lived up to expectations. De jong, de light, van der beek, sanchez...

Back