• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Have you seen much of Szoboszlai at Salzburg @Danishfurniturelover? I see that Arsenal and Milan are being linked. He looks like a good creative midfielder/forward who could provide some of what we have been missing since Eriksen left. He is probably already out of our price range though.

I quite like Ward Prowse but it is not just defensive stats that we should be looking at.
Then why would we sign Pierre
He is behind ward prowse on almost every key stat
It’s his availability that is the key but I’m of the opinion we should aim for the best we can
If it meant signing less players but covering the three main problems (RB, DM & CF)

Have you seen much of Szoboszlai at Salzburg @Danishfurniturelover? I see that Arsenal and Milan are being linked. He looks like a good creative midfielder/forward who could provide some of what we have been missing since Eriksen left. He is probably already out of our price range though.
He wouldn’t be crazy money IMO
The Austrian league isn’t a big money selling league as it’s a tier below
He looks quality from why I’ve seen

Then why would we sign Pierre
He is behind ward prowse on almost every key stat
It’s his availability that is the key but I’m of the opinion we should aim for the best we can
If it meant signing less players but covering the three main problems (RB, DM & CF)

Because he might be a better fit for us than Ward Prowse.

Because he might be a better fit for us than Ward Prowse.
But all the push for him is his DM stats
Their inferior to WP who doesn’t get a mention and yet plays in the same team
Hence why they look better without him I’d argue
I mean they beat City with an outstanding defensive performance and he didn’t play

More Southampton won't sell except for City type money.
Who knows
They don’t want to sell Pierre but don’t have a choice
WP could make it easier if there was interest (which has not been mentioned) but I can see someone like Neverton offering silly money for him to buy him in why wouldn’t be a step up but it’s the kinda deal they do

Who knows
They don’t want to sell Pierre but don’t have a choice
WP could make it easier if there was interest (which has not been mentioned) but I can see someone like Neverton offering silly money for him to buy him in why wouldn’t be a step up but it’s the kinda deal they do

Everton do seem to be in a rut of paying £30-40 million for the wrong sort of player or guys who are just not quite good or consistent enough to elevate them.

Yeah bits and he looks like a lovely player, two footed naturally which i always like. Never seen him in a match where he has been against a side that employ a press, so.....

Daka his teammate and striker looks like a better option price wise then Omishen. But a lot of talk he is going to the German RB.

That's exciting if true.

At the weekend Mourinho was adamant that his attack didn't need new players but if one is leaving, or an opportunistic deal is possible, then perhaps...

No he didn't say that. He said he was happy with his attacking players. That doesn't mean they can't be added to. Look at the Willian and Milik links.

No he didn't say that. He said he was happy with his attacking players. That doesn't mean they can't be added to. Look at the Willian and Milik links.

He said he didn't want to replace his attacking players and that we cannot get better players than what we have.
So I suppose it's open to a bit of interpretation.

I think that there's a risk that Lille will be looking for a similar fee to what they got from Arsenal for Pepe last year.

Yep exactly, and he might be another Pepe.

I do like Omishen but the way French sides set up someone with pace can look like a world beater.

Saying Napoli are paying circa 80m euros for him?

How about Jonathon David?.....looks like Lille want him if Omishen goes (and they appear to know what they're doing/buying)

A younger type might be better than a Llorente type 1. As he will still be prepared to not play every week and 2. If he turns out to be quality it will help massively if Kane decides to go (no LLlorente type will help with that)

A downside is a young type might get in Parotts way...but then again nothing wrong with two cracking prospects

Saying Napoli are paying circa 80m euros for him?

How about Jonathon David?.....looks like Lille want him if Omishen goes (and they appear to know what they're doing/buying)

A younger type might be better than a Llorente type 1. As he will still be prepared to not play every week and 2. If he turns out to be quality it will help massively if Kane decides to go (no LLlorente type will help with that)

A downside is a young type might get in Parotts way...but then again nothing wrong with two cracking prospects

I guess with Parrott being so young it should not matter because in my view a season on loan in the championship would be best for him next year. I would also be buying Jade-Jones and loaning him back to Peterborough for the year.

My choice of strikers for next season would be Kane then one of Daka or Malen. Both pacey two footed players who can play out wide as well as up front.

I imagine Kane will be off atvthe end of next year when you could promote Parrott to the first team squad and then loan Jade-Jones to the championship. But that is the sort of long term thinking we dont get involved in.

Should note that i actually think we will go for a big target man like Mitrovic or Muriqi as Mourinho likes that sort of player.

Back