• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

One real oddity as the transfer rumours ramp-up....we haven't yet seen a 'Bale returning to Spurs' rumour!!!!

How long do you give it before someone writes one???

It is a bit weird. Although reading the BBC article today about whats gone on makes it sound as if Real Madrid have given up on him touting him around and he has committed to finishing his contract, saying he won't be forced out and take a pay cut somewhere else. They are both as stubborn as each other.
A bit sad really, would have been nice if him and ZZ could've found a solution

Saying Napoli are paying circa 80m euros for him?

How about Jonathon David?.....looks like Lille want him if Omishen goes (and they appear to know what they're doing/buying)

A younger type might be better than a Llorente type 1. As he will still be prepared to not play every week and 2. If he turns out to be quality it will help massively if Kane decides to go (no LLlorente type will help with that)

A downside is a young type might get in Parotts way...but then again nothing wrong with two cracking prospects

we are obsessed by the french league.

Lo Celso?!?!?
Sissoko?!?!?
Just because they had played in France it’s not the same
They have playdd abroad before coming to us and it shows in how they settled
Same with Fernandes at United
He was at PSG for 2 years before being loaned to Real Betis.

He was at PSG for 2 years before being loaned to Real Betis.

Could be something in that - i did wonder whether we had a contact at PSG or a working relationship with them.

Sissoko was just Levy scrambling around at the end of the window in desperation

Yeah but he didn’t come from France
This is his 4th club which makes life So much easier
Was the argument just for players who came directly from France or those that had played there?

I don't think it makes any difference to be honest. You either have the attributes that will will work in the PL and the mentality that suits here or not.

Many French and French based players have proven that to be the case and some have not. I don't see it as any sort of determining factor.

Was the argument just for players who came directly from France or those that had played there?

I don't think it makes any difference to be honest. You either have the attributes that will will work in the PL and the meteorology that suits here or not.

Many French and French based players have proven that to be the case and some have not. I don't see it as any sort of determining factor.
Attack wise Most have flopped, we’ll certainly this that hadn’t played abroad somewhere else

But all the push for him is his DM stats
Their inferior to WP who doesn’t get a mention and yet plays in the same team
Hence why they look better without him I’d argue
I mean they beat City with an outstanding defensive performance and he didn’t play
From the stats it looks like WP loses almost 50% of his tackles?

From the stats it looks like WP loses almost 50% of his tackles?
True
But he making more efforts so is arguable more involved and the chances are because of how he plays they may be tackles in more attacking areas for his team
He also wins more aerial duels yet is shorter, makes more clearances, interceptions, blocks so basically all the important defensive stats and he can also create
It either means stats are totally useless or maybe, just maybe when looking at the numbers people highlight what they want to see

True
But he making more efforts so is arguable more involved and the chances are because of how he plays they may be tackles in more attacking areas for his team
He also wins more aerial duels yet is shorter, makes more clearances, interceptions, blocks so basically all the important defensive stats and he can also create
It either means stats are totally useless or maybe, just maybe when looking at the numbers people highlight what they want to see
Having a DM who loses 50% of his tackles is the same as having Harry Winks as your DM.

Back