• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I’d rather Aurier leaves the team ASAP myself
I think I’d rather a lamppost plays there as your more likely to get that stay in position
I'd love us to have a better option for the right side than Aurier but Foyth certainly isn't that player. He is even more rash and mistake prone than Aurier is. If it's Aurier's positioning that you don't like then I think you have to lay that on Mourinho as opposed to the player. I think it is very clear watching us that Aurier is being asked by the manager to play in an advanced role with his direct opponent in a defensive sense being the opposition's left full back/wing back.

I'd love us to have a better option for the right side than Aurier but Foyth certainly isn't that player. He is even more rash and mistake prone than Aurier is. If it's Aurier's positioning that you don't like then I think you have to lay that on Mourinho as opposed to the player. I think it is very clear watching us that Aurier is being asked by the manager to play in an advanced role with his direct opponent in a defensive sense being the opposition's left full back/wing back.
As I’ve said before I believe e it’s because Aurier cannot tactically okay a defensive role he is being asked to play further forward and the whole team has to be adjusted to his incompetence. Id get it if his crossing and passing was world class but it’s not... he ain’t a TAA
If he could be trusted to defend I’m sure we would see a different set up... alas he can’t even be trusted to get his hair cut let alone play football
We will see on Friday how United target him again and get a huge amount of scope down our right

Yeah yeah Aurier is so useless, yet he's been a consistent starter under two managers now. Only Son has more assists in the league than Aurier, and in the modern game at least one of the two full backs are pretty much wingers for the team and he is ours....

Yeah yeah Aurier is so useless, yet he's been a consistent starter under two managers now. Only Son has more assists in the league than Aurier, and in the modern game at least one of the two full backs are pretty much wingers for the team and he is ours....
He is useless hence why we’re looking to replace him
Just because someone plays under a a manger it doesn’t mean he is any good
I’d argue very strongly that he is a classic rooster up in acquisition in that we brought a player who really isn’t good enough
Id also argue that in the modern game players need to be able to defend and attack as full backs .... it’s his Liverpool are going to win the league as their full backs do both... look at Leicester’s full back stats too
City know their FBs aren’t great and have been trying to upgrade there as their key now
Ours are woeful really and hurt us at both ends of pitch

As I’ve said before I believe e it’s because Aurier cannot tactically okay a defensive role he is being asked to play further forward and the whole team has to be adjusted to his incompetence. Id get it if his crossing and passing was world class but it’s not... he ain’t a TAA
If he could be trusted to defend I’m sure we would see a different set up... alas he can’t even be trusted to get his hair cut let alone play football
We will see on Friday how United target him again and get a huge amount of scope down our right
I'm sorry but that makes no sense. There is nothing forcing Mourinho to pick Aurier. If Mourinho is forced to play him in an advanced role and adjust the whole team due to his incompetence then why not just play somebody else? Like I say you are blaming Aurier for positional incompetence when in actual fact he is playing to his manager's instructions. Therefore what you are really saying is that Mourinho is tactically incompetent.

Pierre Emile Højbjerg has been stripped of the captaincy because his future is "uncertain".

To put it in a different way; he wants out.

He is useless hence why we’re looking to replace him
Just because someone plays under a a manger it doesn’t mean he is any good
I’d argue very strongly that he is a classic rooster up in acquisition in that we bought a player who really isn’t good enough
Id also argue that in the modern game players need to be able to defend and attack as full backs .... it’s his Liverpool are going to win the league as their full backs do both... look at Leicester’s full back stats too
City know their FBs aren’t great and have been trying to upgrade there as their key now
Ours are woeful really and hurt us at both ends of pitch
As harr1984 said Aurier is behind only Son in assists for us so he certainly isn't hurting us in an attacking sense.
I think sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and see how our team are set up by the manager as opposed to blaming a player for carrying out his manager's instructions.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. There is nothing forcing Mourinho to pick Aurier. If Mourinho is forced to play him in an advanced role and adjust the whole team due to his incompetence then why not just play somebody else? Like I say you are blaming Aurier for positional incompetence when in actual fact he is playing to his manager's instructions. Therefore what you are really saying is that Mourinho is tactically incompetent.
Play who?
Poch sold the other right back we had and didn’t give the others Foyth or KWP a games to develop

As harr1984 said Aurier is behind only Son in assists for us so he certainly isn't hurting us in an attacking sense.
I think sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and see how our team are set up by the manager as opposed to blaming a player for carrying out his manager's instructions.
He hurts us in attacking sense as midfielders who could be arguably more effective going fiesrd are constrained due to covering for him. I don’t know the stats but his key pass stats are what would matter... a player can hit a 100 passes and if 10 are scored the stats look decent with 10 assist... but actually the effectiveness is low

As I’ve said we have to set up like that as we don’t have an alternative due to a previous managers plans

Unless of course the plan to buy a new RB is flimflam which of course it could be, but it’s unlikely

Play who?
Poch sold the other right back we had and didn’t give the others Foyth or KWP a games to develop
In which case Mourinho would just play one of those other two you mention and allow them to develop, or he would promote a youth team player, or he would play Alderweireld or Dier or whoever out there.
If one claims that a player is terrible and yet that player keeps on getting picked and isn't getting substituted off then that tends to indicate three things.
1. That the player clearly isn't doing anything other than playing to the manager's instructions (players that don't get hauled off, pretty quickly as well when it's Mourinho).
2. That the player isn't actually terrible.
3. That the manager is incompetent.

Back