• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

In which case Mourinho would just play one of those other two you mention and allow them to develop, or he would promote a youth team player, or he would play Alderweireld or Dier or whoever out there.
If one claims that a player is terrible and yet that player keeps on getting picked and isn't getting substituted off then that tends to indicate three things.
1. That the player clearly isn't doing anything other than playing to the manager's instructions (players that don't get hauled off, pretty quickly as well when it's Mourinho).
2. That the player isn't actually terrible.
3. That the manager is incompetent.

Or that the alternative isn’t ready yet so playing him may be the lesser of two evils ... pretty much like why we didn’t play Parrott.., if a player isn’t ready a manager has to come up with a solution with the players he has. I’d argue that Mou has realised that Aurier is so stupid he can’t understand basic defensive strategies so the solution is playing him where he can have some positive effect... that’s actually great management. Doesn’t make the player any good, just means the manager has found an option that works for now
And of course moving players from other positions creates potentially a weakness elsewhere, which would be silly

He hurts us in attacking sense as midfielders who could be arguably more effective going fiesrd are constrained due to covering for him. I don’t know the stats but his key pass stats are what would matter... a player can hit a 100 passes and if 10 are scored the stats look decent with 10 assist... but actually the effectiveness is low

As I’ve said we have to set up like that as we don’t have an alternative due to a previous managers plans

Unless of course the plan to buy a new RB is flimflam which of course it could be, but it’s unlikely
Actually if a player gets into a position to deliver 100 passes and 10 of those passes result in goals then I'd be delighted. Some people seem to think that players get into positions to make a difference by magic, they don't, it's by good movement.

The whoscored stats for the season show Aurier as our 3rd highest rated player this season as follows:

1st: Harry Kane (13th in PL)
2nd: Heung Min Son (16th in PL)
3rd: Serge Aurier (29th in PL)
4th: Dele Ali (63rd in PL).

Note that Aurier is also the 4th highest rated fullback in the PL. Those ahead of Aurier are:
Ricardo Pereira (4th in PL)
Trent Alexander Arnold (14th in PL)
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (23rd in PL).

I guess we'll see whether or not we buy a new right back, but if we do then it is KWP and/or Foyth that I would expect to leave the club with Aurier being likely to remain.

Actually if a player gets into a position to deliver 100 passes and 10 of those passes result in goals then I'd be delighted. Some people seem to think that players get into positions to make a difference by magic, they don't, it's by good movement.

The whoscored stats for the season show Aurier as our 3rd highest rated player this season as follows:

Note that Aurier is also the 4th highest rated fullback in the PL. Those ahead of Aurier are:

I guess we'll see whether or not we buy a new right back, but if we do then it is KWP and/or Foyth that I would expect to leave the club with Aurier being likely to remain.
Whoscored uses what logic to get ratings??? It uses its opta stats and algorithms and that can be misleading
I’ve said it before that a defender being out of position wouldn’t be attributed any blame statistically
Similarly a defender trying a very tricky pass that doesnt come off doesn’t create a positive score despite it potentially being down to the receiver...
and I do think Aurier will remain as i don’t see anyone wanting him

Or that the alternative isn’t ready yet so playing him may be the lesser of two evils ... pretty much like why we didn’t play Parrott.., if a player isn’t ready a manager has to come up with a solution with the players he has. I’d argue that Mou has realised that Aurier is so stupid he can’t understand basic defensive strategies so the solution is playing him where he can have some positive effect... that’s actually great management. Doesn’t make the player any good, just means the manager has found an option that works for now
And of course moving players from other positions creates potentially a weakness elsewhere, which would be silly
There is a big difference and you know it. Parrot was a 17 year old who hadn't played a single first team game for Spurs. KWP had played 24 first team games for Spurs. Foyth had played 32 first team games for Spurs, along with having played 10 games for Argentina. If Aurier was so terrible then Mourinho would not be picking him. If he was so bad Mourinho would not have allowed KWP to go on loan to Southampton in January.

Whoscored uses what logic to get ratings??? It uses its opta stats and algorithms and that can be misleading
I’ve said it before that a defender being out of position wouldn’t be attributed any blame statistically
Similarly a defender trying a very tricky pass that doesnt come off doesn’t create a positive score despite it potentially being down to the receiver...
and I do think Aurier will remain as i don’t see anyone wanting him
Fcuk knows what logic they use..... but the list of players they consider to be having good seasons seem to be a bunch of very good players (KDB number one for example). Maybe Aurier is just a statistical anomaly? Maybe Aurier isn't playing exactly as Mourinho asks but for some reason Mourinho can't see that and keeps picking him to do the same thing? Or maybe it is your opinion on the player and situation that is really what differs from reality?

Saying that players remain because nobody wants them is also a flimflam excuse. It's a get out of jail free card. The reality is that the players who are in our squad next season will be the ones that the manager chooses to keep. Do you really think that Mourinho would accept anything else?

Aurier would certainly fetch more in terms of a transfer fee than KWP and probably Foyth as well - and yet I bet it is one or both of those two that go.

Last edited:
Fcuk knows what logic they use..... but the list of players they consider to be having good seasons seem to be a bunch of very good players (KDB number one for example). Maybe Aurier is just a statistical anomaly? Maybe Aurier isn't playing exactly as Mourinho asks but for some reason Mourinho can't see that and keeps picking him to do the same thing? Or maybe it is your opinion on the player and situation that is really what differs from reality?

Saying that players remain because nobody wants them is also a flimflam excuse. It's a get out of jail free card. The reality is that the players who are in our squad next season will be the ones that the manager chooses to keep. Do you really think that Mourinho would accept anything else?

Aurier would certainly fetch more in terms of a transfer fee than KWP and probably Foyth as well - and yet I bet it is one or both of those two that go.
Yes I do as we won’t sell players for the sake of it
Why would we... we have never done that and I can’t see that changing in the current climate
I’d argue that Aaron’s has been miles better in an inferior defence for example but his whoscored would look lower as his defensive stats would be worse as he defends as well as attacks
I’d take most right back over him as I’ve said and I’m convinced Mou will in the summer (whenever that may be)

There is a big difference and you know it. Parrot was a 17 year old who hadn't played a single first team game for Spurs. KWP had played 24 first team games for Spurs. Foyth had played 32 first team games for Spurs, along with having played 10 games for Argentina. If Aurier was so terrible then Mourinho would not be picking him. If he was so bad Mourinho would not have allowed KWP to go on loan to Southampton in January.
How many of those games had those two players had at starts, and on the case of Foyth how many at RB... I can’t remember him starting one game there
Foyth does start there with Argentina and plays well from the games I saw. He was of course injured late summer and that’s a hindrance for any player.
One thing with Aurier is he never gets injured
And I’m also convinced having Kane and son back will make His attacking prowess look good

Last edited:

Interesting the top 4 are all right backs, do you think right footer strikers prefer attacking the ball from the right.

saw this on the athletic team Kane’s stats which shows Trippiers crossing has been missed, but Walker and Rose for all their strengths don’t actually offer that final ball very often...

4A31BA92-7D0A-4261-8AD9-A7C99A349B4B.jpeg

Interesting the top 4 are all right backs, do you think right footer strikers prefer attacking the ball from the right.

saw this on the athletic team Kane’s stats which shows Trippiers crossing has been missed, but Walker and Rose for all their strengths don’t actually offer that final ball very often...

View attachment 8780
The top 4 aren’t right backs, there the top 4 right backs
The numbers in brackets are the tank of that player overall (if I’m reading it right)

Yes I do as we won’t sell players for the sake of it
Why would we... we have never done that and I can’t see that changing in the current climate
I’d argue that Aaron’s has been miles better in an inferior defence for example but his whoscored would look lower as his defensive stats would be worse as he defends as well as attacks
I’d take most right back over him as I’ve said and I’m convinced Mou will in the summer (whenever that may be)
Selling players "for the sake of it" What does that even mean? Which clubs sell players for the sake of it?
Clubs keep players that they want to keep and sell or send out on loan players that they don't want to keep. Every now and again you get a Chelsea Bogarde scenario where the club tries to sell or loan the player and he refuses to go. Those situations are very, very rare indeed though.
Aarons is a player that certainly has promise, I was banging on about him when Norwich were in the Championship. His performances haven't actually been that impressive however. I thought that in the games against us he was inferior to our fullbacks for example. I think the Aarons ship has sailed now anyway as we will not have the finances to bring in a £20 million+ full back.
Yes it's clear that you would take anyone but Aurier..... However as I said before Mourinho already had two right backs at the club that he could've picked over over Aurier. He instead played Aurier. It's therefore clear that Mourinho rates the player a lot more highly than you do. I guess we can debate whether or not we think Mourinho is still a decent manager.

The numbers in brackets are the tank of that player overall (if I’m reading it right)
They are the top four full backs (irrespective of left or right side). The highest placed left back is Andy Robertson at 35th place overall (Lucas Digne is then one place below in 36th place).
The numbers in brackets are as you describe.

Selling players "for the sake of it" What does that even mean? Which clubs sell players for the sake of it?
Clubs keep players that they want to keep and sell or send out on loan players that they don't want to keep. Every now and again you get a Chelsea Bogarde scenario where the club tries to sell or loan the player and he refuses to go. Those situations are very, very rare indeed though.
Aarons is a player that certainly has promise, I was banging on about him when Norwich were in the Championship. His performances haven't actually been that impressive however. I thought that in the games against us he was inferior to our fullbacks for example. I think the Aarons ship has sailed now anyway as we will not have the finances to bring in a £20 million+ full back.
Yes it's clear that you would take anyone but Aurier..... However as I said before Mourinho already had two right backs at the club that he could've picked over over Aurier. He instead played Aurier. It's therefore clear that Mourinho rates the player a lot more highly than you do. I guess we can debate whether or not we think Mourinho is still a decent manager.

I have every Confidence Mourinho is still a knowledgeable manager, it’s why I’m convinced he will bin off Aurier as soon as he can

and selling players for the sake of it and what people were saying we should have done before... sell cheap to get rid. That makes now sense at the best of times least of all now. Quite a few posters said we should drop our prices for players when Poch was here and we couldn’t shift the players who were poor.

The best hope we have is that someone falls into money and also class A drugs and needs some loon for the team for entertainment value

The post said Aurier is the 4th highest rated full back, but yes I’d also assumed the brackets would indicate overall ranking for all positions.

The post said Aurier is the 4th highest rated full back, but yes I’d also assumed the brackets would indicate overall ranking for all positions.
Sorry, I saw your come get say that the top 4 are right backs and assumed you meant overall... not that out fo full backs
But to come back to the comment you raised I’d argue it’s because most left backs are pretty rubbish and spend more time attacking (when you look at who plays) so RBs get more freedom to create
The only top LB in the league is Robertson IMO
There are a few RBs (3 mentioned above)

Sorry, I saw your come get say that the top 4 are right backs and assumed you meant overall... not that out fo full backs
But to come back to the comment you raised I’d argue it’s because most left backs are pretty rubbish and spend more time attacking (when you look at who plays) so RBs get more freedom to create
The only top LB in the league is Robertson IMO
There are a few RBs (3 mentioned above)
Left backist!

you mean more time defending? I thought Robertson and 80m rated Chilwell might have made top 4

Left backist!

you mean more time defending? I thought Robertson and 80m rated Chilwell might have made top 4
No I mean attacking, hence why they get caught out...
when you look at most prem left backs their Mainly attacking
Right backs you get a mix more

Chelski have completed Werner I see . 47.5m a lot of money. Will he be eligible in the last 9 games ? If so that’s a serious upgrade on what they have.

Edit - Not eligible till next season.

Last edited:
Back