• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Why wouldn’t we just keep Jan instead of this!
I guess it depends on what sort of level the two players are still performing to? I've rarely watched PSG and not been impressed but can't say I have paid particular attention to Silva (although I do remember him prior to going to PSG and thinking he was perhaps the best centre half in the World).

Exactly.
Jose will move on (hopefully sooner than later) and leave us with older players with no future value. Harry and co will off quicker than it take to book a house viewing.
Groundhog day for Spurs.

I doubt levy will give them long contracts he is not stupid. Likely they would come in on a basic contract heavy bonuses if we win things or qualify for champs league.

Mourinho will only go for players with a winning mindset.

Also bar a couple of players most of our players have dropped in value.

I doubt levy will give them long contracts he is not stupid. Likely they would come in on a basic contract heavy bonuses if we win things or qualify for champs league.

Mourinho will only go for players with a winning mindset.

Also bar a couple of players most of our players have dropped in value.

Could not agree more, that is something we have lacked in the middle of the pitch for a while.

Sadly this reminds me of days gone by, which I hoped had ended. We should be buying top players to improve the team, not old lags who can help the younguns and above all don't cost much.

We should be doing more of that but then again we have huge debt and needed a £175m loan so I'm guessing the money for top players is a little thin, if we can get a couple of players who can still perform on a 1 or 2 year contract then I think it's worth it.

We should be doing more of that but then again we have huge debt and needed a £175m loan so I'm guessing the money for top players is a little thin, if we can get a couple of players who can still perform on a 1 or 2 year contract then I think it's worth it.

We're never going to buy top players in their prime years, but agree that we'll probably get back to our main sweetspot (buying up and coming, semi-established players in the 20-24 year old range) in a year or two. In the meantime, given the impact of Covid-19, its a case of muddling through

This makes sense on so many levels. Would improve a key position in the team with no transfer outlay required. With Jan leaving we will also have space for another overseas player in the squad. We could then sell/loan KWP and Foyth to add funds to strengthen another position.

Seems like a 4 year deal at Borussia Dortmund might have been agreed, loath as I am to buy straight into an update that says 'Done Deal'.
That Hakimi would be a sound alternative if Real aren't able to offer him game time

Back