• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Why do we keep being mentioned with more old players when we have enough of our own who need getting rid of.
Jose’s old campaigners!

Why do we keep being mentioned with more old players when we have enough of our own who need getting rid of.
Jose’s old campaigners!

It looks like Verts is leaving on a free so that's one very experienced campaigner leaving. Who else you think we really need to get rid of, and can feasibly do so for what we'll get for them?

Firstly, if you're going to try to react negatively against our manager due to some press linking us with players I'm going to have to ask if this is your first rodeo. Secondly, can you legitimately not see something positive coming from replacing an accident waiting to happen like Foyth with an "old campaigner" like Godin or Silva?

I don't want it to seem like I seek out your posts consistently but they leave me pretty perplexed sometimes.

Ok, so if we were to sign Silva and he helped develop Tanganga and Sanchez, then does that signing not also constitute a reasonably priced investment for us for the future?
Sadly this reminds me of days gone by, which I hoped had ended. We should be buying top players to improve the team, not old lags who can help the younguns and above all don't cost much.

Why wouldn’t we just keep Jan instead of this!
Exactly.
Jose will move on (hopefully sooner than later) and leave us with older players with no future value. Harry and co will off quicker than it take to book a house viewing.
Groundhog day for Spurs.

Jose’s old campaigners!
We don't really have many old campaigners.....

Vertonghen (who is leaving).
Lloris (who isn't at all old for a keeper).
Alderweireld (31 - not particularly old for a centre half)
Sissoko (30 - should probably be sold after this season)

Back