• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Him and Bergwin as wide hard working talented players BUT in that formation it makes you wonder where lucas, dele, sonny fit in (if you're saying 433)

Been thinking for a while that dele no longer has a place here. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Poch wanted to make a statement and do a big bid i would take it and use it to sign a player who can play more then one distinct position.

Good player but not flexible enough.

I get slagging them off i really do. But they wont, this is the same as Bentley when people thought we would get a fee for him and actually we paid out millions in wages over th years then he went for free.

Lamela was 30m and say he is on 3m a year he has cost us 24m in wages. I would like to know what idiot gave him a new contract.

I think the price which we paid is (or should be) irrelevant. Sign Fraser and recover what we can on him, whether from West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, someone in Italy, China...whoever

I think it gives you 4 options for the wide roles, whether in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1: Son, Bergwijn, Moura and Fraser. Provides some depth.

If you go 4-2-3-1 then Dele (or Ndombele perhaps) play as the no 10. If you go 4-3-3, then you play some combination of [New DM], GLC, TN, Gedson, Winks, Sissoko etc in midfield (or Coutinho if you believe the rumours!)

In terms of the Fraser vs Willian, Levy would prefer Fraser given we could still get a fee for him in 3-4 years
I get that there is flexibility i'm just not convinced that (unless forced) Jose is a coach that likes that. I'm sure he prefers to head in one direction (system) and try to stick with that and tune the players into it. And to that end im sure his favoured system is 433. Which mean some (and very good) players will be sitting it out quite a bit and waiting their turn (and in a system that doesn't really suit them, dele,sonny).

As for the Fraser v Willian options. I know the financial landscape has changed in the last 6 months (so your point stands) BUT the being able to get a fee for someone or they'll be on lower weekly wage is thinking we have to leave behind. If right here right now a player is better....we take that option.

I get slagging them off i really do. But they wont, this is the same as Bentley when people thought we would get a fee for him and actually we paid out millions in wages over th years then he went for free.

Lamela was 30m and say he is on 3m a year he has cost us 24m in wages. I would like to know what
idiot gave him a new contract.
Kieran Dyer
Ljunberg
Andy Carroll.
Jack Wheelchair

They do have form for taking a risk. A new money Saudi Sportswashing Machine might be interested, their is some kudos for a mid table team to ‘attract’ someone from a CL club.

I totally agree with you on Bentley and at a similar time Gomes also ran down a first time wage as 3rd choice keeper. I’ve been very open that I’ve never really rated Lamela even when he was fit and I could not see why any extension being granted unless it was heavily weighted towards appearances.

if you have a player who refuses to leave and doesn’t care whether they play or not I guess there’s not much even the chairman can do.

There have been times in the past and even the last window when I thought we could have got rid of players who are surplus to requirements on a free, but I have a nagging feeling Levy has a paper value for the players based an accounting principles over the term of their contract and that would deem their sale a loss as opposed to paying their Wages for doing not playing.

He always seems very effective and hardworking and really professional.
The ideal Mourinho and Levy signing.

I see him as a bit like a Steed - not spectacular at anything, but decent enough at most things. He won't let you down, even if he doesn't pull up any trees.
Steed may not have pulled up trees but from what I recall on here he was capable of ploughing some furrows...

I get that there is flexibility i'm just not convinced that (unless forced) Jose is a coach that likes that. I'm sure he prefers to head in one direction (system) and try to stick with that and tune the players into it. And to that end im sure his favoured system is 433. Which mean some (and very good) players will be sitting it out quite a bit and waiting their turn (and in a system that doesn't really suit them, dele,sonny).

As for the Fraser v Willian options. I know the financial landscape has changed in the last 6 months (so your point stands) BUT the being able to get a fee for someone or they'll be on lower weekly wage is thinking we have to leave behind. If right here right now a player is better....we take that option.
Sonny IMO suits most systems as he has pace and scores ...

Dele is much trickier one as his game is all about work in the opponents box and that’s where is has his impact. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a role but his game suits certain tactics more so than others

Sonny IMO suits most systems as he has pace and scores ...

Dele is much trickier one as his game is all about work in the opponents box and that’s where is has his impact. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a role but his game suits certain tactics more so than others
Dele is very much a niche player imo, if you want the best out of him. I know he can 'do a job' in other positions BUT that 1. discounts his worth from him doing his best job and 2. A team with trophy intentions has to minimise players who are 'doing a job' (i know it was out of neccessity, nearly 2 seasons worth at that)

The team set-up has to be ideal for him, for him to be ideal for the team. And it has to be functioning on a good level for him to come alive. It's great when its like that but as i say quite niche.

Dele is very much a niche player imo, if you want the best out of him. I know he can 'do a job' in other positions BUT that 1. discounts his worth from him doing his best job and 2. A team with trophy intentions has to minimise players who are 'doing a job' (i know it was out of neccessity, nearly 2 seasons worth at that)

The team set-up has to be ideal for him, for him to be ideal for the team. And it has to be functioning on a good level for him to come alive. It's great when its like that but as i say quite niche.
Yep can’t disagree with any of that
It’s why I’ve said he is the one I could see us selling as he has a high value and isn’t key to the way we may potentially play
But who knows

I’d like to think Dele can adapt his game a little and become the Lampard of this Jose team, playing central in a three alongside two more defensive midfielders. He’ll need to work on his own defensive game, but his ability to arrive in the box at the right time and place is something you can’t teach.

Yep can’t disagree with any of that
It’s why I’ve said he is the one I could see us selling as he has a high value and isn’t key to the way we may potentially play
But who knows
Agree. I dont want Alli to go BUT if Kane Son Alli are the prize assets, its him that goes. If we need a chunk of wedge to re-direct/build (plausible now) i can see Jose thinking the same.

Dele is only 24. Works hard. Is creative.

The issue with Mourinho is Dele loses the ball a lot. For every move that comes off a couple don’t. It maybe good for Dele. He’ll have to mature under Mourinho and make things stick. Whether that will impair his creativity or force him to the next level we don’t know.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Dele is only 24. Works hard. Is creative.

The issue with Mourinho is Dele loses the ball a lot. For every move that comes off a couple don’t. It maybe good for Dele. He’ll have to mature under Mourinho and make things stick. Whether that will impair his creativity or force him to the next level we don’t know.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm not sure I'd describe him as 'creative'. I'd view Eriksen, GLC, Coutinho, Hazard, de Bruyne etc creative

Dele is more instinctive

I agree completely. And that only works when things are perfect - he is too much of the luxury for me.
He either needs to work to do something extra/accept being a squad option/be moved on.

I'm not sure I'd describe him as 'creative'. I'd view Eriksen, GLC, Coutinho, Hazard, de Bruyne etc creative

Dele is more instinctive

Fair enough. Not many creative players in the game under that definition :) But know what you mean. Dele's runs and passing, flicks and tricks could be seen as creative. He's always looking to make things happen.

Fair enough. Not many creative players in the game under that definition :) But know what you mean. Dele's runs and passing, flicks and tricks could be seen as creative. He's always looking to make things happen.
Dele is creative but not the quarter back
He is very instinctive though

Dele is a fudging nightmare to play against because he does things others would never think of doing and he winds you up, it amazes me when he gets stick for trying something "flash" and it fails as it's usually the same mob who moan about players passing sideways and backwards. He's unique and we're lucky to have him.

I’d like to see that Mourinho has a coherent, effective system to bring to us before we sell Dele for not fitting something which doesn’t exist. Very interested to see us after this break, it’s been 80s football from us for the most part under Jose.

I’d like to see that Mourinho has a coherent, effective system to bring to us before we sell Dele for not fitting something which doesn’t exist. Very interested to see us after this break, it’s been 80s football from us for the most part under Jose.
This. While I've not studied his teams too closely, it seems to me that Mourinho has always had a strong brand of football. Not necessarily the same at each club, but always a system. Whereas we've had no consistency, no coherency to our play this season.

Dele hasn't shone as brightly as he did earlier in his career, but neither have we as a team. I do think that he's played to the manager's brief recently, which has dampened his creativity. Hopefully Mourinho can find a system of play that lets him play as an attacking midfielder without having to worry too much about defensive positioning.

He could and should be our Lampard. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I think you guys are expecting a lot. He was getting results (like an actual away win!) out of a crappy squad and than the glue that was holding it together got injured one by one. Yes there's a big problem if Sissoko is fundamental to a team being able to play, but that's where we're at. To try to continue this "Jose is past it" narrative is poor form considering he gave a lift to the place once he got here despite it being the worst squad he's probably ever worked with.

Transfer wise part of me really wants Godin in on a free as that stalwart win at all costs motherfudger but then I'm not really sure about him and Toby as a back 2, not a whole lot of pace in that combo.

Fraser seems to make sense as well but only if we can lose Lamela for any kind of fee. As much as I know Willian is quality there's obviously still a bitter feeling with that one.

I think you guys are expecting a lot. He was getting results (like an actual away win!) out of a crappy squad and than the glue that was holding it together got injured one by one. Yes there's a big problem if Sissoko is fundamental to a team being able to play, but that's where we're at. To try to continue this "Jose is past it" narrative is poor form considering he gave a lift to the place once he got here despite it being the worst squad he's probably ever worked with.

Transfer wise part of me really wants Godin in on a free as that stalwart win at all costs motherfudger but then I'm not really sure about him and Toby as a back 2, not a whole lot of pace in that combo.

Fraser seems to make sense as well but only if we can lose Lamela for any kind of fee. As much as I know Willian is quality there's obviously still a bitter feeling with that one.

The thing with Fraser is that we already have three left-wingers - Sonny is best on the left, Bergwijn plays off the left, and Sessegnon is best at left-wing.

Fraser would make four players for one position - even if we shuffle Sessegnon back to LB, that's still 3 players for one position. Bit much.

At right-wing, however, we have Lucas and Lamela, and that's it. And Erik is perma-injured, sadly, so we basically just have Lucas. Maybe Jack Clarke if we're being generous.

Back