• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

The thing with Fraser is that we already have three left-wingers - Sonny is best on the left, Bergwijn plays off the left, and Sessegnon is best at left-wing.

Fraser would make four players for one position - even if we shuffle Sessegnon back to LB, that's still 3 players for one position. Bit much.

At right-wing, however, we have Lucas and Lamela, and that's it. And Erik is perma-injured, sadly, so we basically just have Lucas. Maybe Jack Clarke if we're being generous.
TBF Bergwein can play right, Sonny can okay right, and Fraser can play there too

Another thing that makes me doubt Mourinho is the fact that an improving, believing team usually draws more than they lose. They become more solid and functioning. Have not see that at all in his admittedly short time so far. Going out of the cup to Norwich at home was pretty pathetic.

The thing with Fraser is that we already have three left-wingers - Sonny is best on the left, Bergwijn plays off the left, and Sessegnon is best at left-wing.

Fraser would make four players for one position - even if we shuffle Sessegnon back to LB, that's still 3 players for one position. Bit much.

At right-wing, however, we have Lucas and Lamela, and that's it. And Erik is perma-injured, sadly, so we basically just have Lucas. Maybe Jack Clarke if we're being generous.

Yep. Plus Alli often occupied and drifted out to the left. Though not as a winger

Another thing that makes me doubt Mourinho is the fact that an improving, believing team usually draws more than they lose. They become more solid and functioning. Have not see that at all in his admittedly short time so far. Going out of the cup to Norwich at home was pretty pathetic.

Don't these two statements contradict one another seeing as we drew to Norwich?

As you say most of his games have been at LW but he is actually right footed and has played at right wing and right full back for the national team and his club.

I guess we differ on the aforementioned player's roles a bit and I think football for a while now has gone a bit further than "You take the left wing and you take the right", players are swapping flanks all the time or coming from a more central position, especially young Stevie that you mentioned (from what I've seen from his short spell with us so far). I feel that Fraser has that versatility to not be pigeonholed in to a left or right sided player. It'll come to what is considered semantics soon enough but Lucas for example, there's no way I'd consider him solely a right winger, the guy is a forward, a little one, but still a forward.

As you elude to, Clarke would have to do something pretty amazing to stake a claim with Jose considering the season he's had. Also, my guess is Sess will come good as a wing back rather than an out and out winger, can see us going more to a back three in the long run but who knows.

Back to transfer news, has there an any official update on any changes on bosmans or the transfer window regulations in general due to all that's happened?

I get that there is flexibility i'm just not convinced that (unless forced) Jose is a coach that likes that. I'm sure he prefers to head in one direction (system) and try to stick with that and tune the players into it. And to that end im sure his favoured system is 433. Which mean some (and very good) players will be sitting it out quite a bit and waiting their turn (and in a system that doesn't really suit them, dele,sonny).

As for the Fraser v Willian options. I know the financial landscape has changed in the last 6 months (so your point stands) BUT the being able to get a fee for someone or they'll be on lower weekly wage is thinking we have to leave behind. If right here right now a player is better....we take that option.

I would think Son should do well in a 433, if the left sided of the midfield 3 could be slighty more defensive then that will allow him to track back less and maybe have someone on the right who will get back and defend so we aren't highly exposed on both sides.

Hmm, but your post specifically said an improving team draws more than they lose. Spurs didn't lose the game, it ended in a draw. They lost the penalty shoot-out
Heaven forbid you're trying to eke out any positives from that Norwich match, not unlike the previous round either(though to a lesser extent obvs)

Did we lose or win against Norwich in the cup that day?

We drew the game but lost the tie in a penalty shoot out. I personally always see these type of games as draws statistically, I take no pleasure in winning a penalty shoot out even thought we did win a final with one. Given the attention span of modern people I wont be surprised for calls for scrapping the games and just having penalty shoot outs with a few gimmicks thrown in for the real macarons.

We drew the game but lost the tie in a penalty shoot out. I personally always see these type of games as draws statistically, I take no pleasure in winning a penalty shoot out even thought we did win a final with one. Given the attention span of modern people I wont be surprised for calls for scrapping the games and just having penalty shoot outs with a few gimmicks thrown in for the real my tits.
We've been playing so bad that I would've been up for this.... Until I saw us actually take part in a penalty shoot out that is!

Just saw an alert that Chelsea have agreed a deal for Timo Werner..... that's them getting themselves sorted up front with a real top class player.

Back