• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Can't see us spending the sort of money that he'd cost. Not seen him play much, but he's meant to be very highly rated.
Think he'll go to Man Utd/City.

Ok, someone tell me why he wouldn't be a perfect CB signing (other than being 28 and not having much resale value).
He has always been rated highly and linked with big clubs. Has anyone seen him play quite a bit?

Watched him against Chelsea in Europe last season and was utterly awful. I heard he is highly rated, i have watched Napoli a few times he is better than what we have.

Massive price for a player who might be declining already.

For that sort of money I'd love Upemecano, but apparently he's unsurprisingly going to Bayern.

Watched him against Chelsea in Europe last season and was utterly awful. I heard he is highly rated, i have watched Napoli a few times he is better than what we have.

Massive price for a player who might be declining already.

I just read up on him a bit. Said that a few years back when he joined Napoli he was already a beast and had all the attributes but was full of bad mistakes. Once Sarri arrived at Napoli he sorted out his decision making and he had a purple patch. Plays on the left side of defence and is excellent at bursting out and also very good at playing incisive forward passes.
Basically he is excellent WHEN he is focused and making the right decisions

Not sure about the whole right footed thing. But in general this sort of signing is one i would like if we have indeed scouted him.

We seemed to be linked to a Polish midfielder every year for a couple of years, cant remember his name.

Not a fan of FB's playing on the opposite side, I know people always say what about Maldini but he's the exception really. We need genuine width and pace from our FB's so unless he's 2 footed then I think we need to avoid.

From everything I’ve read and the message I heard today with the extract from the Bristol Manager we won’t have crowds attending games until next year (which is logical) so for us as a club a BIG hit in the £££

with that in mind we may well be looking as suggested at more and more freebie options

so....
I’d be all over the 2 FBs from PSG, Fraser from Bournemouth and also Dzyuba all on frees and we could then spend any money we have or bring in on a CB or DM...
going to need some really creative management and scouting

From everything I’ve read and the message I heard today with the extract from the Bristol Manager we won’t have crowds attending games until next year (which is logical) so for us as a club a BIG hit in the £££

with that in mind we may well be looking as suggested at more and more freebie options

so....
I’d be all over the 2 FBs from PSG, Fraser from Bournemouth and also Dzyuba all on frees and we could then spend any money we have or bring in on a CB or DM...

Totally agree with that. Can't imagine us spending 50+ on someone like Koulibaly (even tho he's a beast) with the whole coronavirus issue. However, there are plenty of deals to be had, and we could do a lot worse than Hojbjerg on the cheap, an extra attacker like Mertens/Fraser/Willian, and then maybe a few young players from clubs who will be under pressure to sell in Max Aarons and Eze.

You basically upgrade your squad in all the key areas for about 50 million pounds, and that's before you sell anybody. I think this would be a great squad going into next year.

23-MAN SQUAD:

------------------------------Lloris (Gazza)----------------
Aarons (Aurier)--DVS (Tanganga)--TBA(JVT)--Davies (Sessegnon)
-----Winks (Hojbjerg)---Tanguy (Sissoko)---Lo Celso (Eze)
--Son (Lamela)------------Kane (Mertens)----Dele (Bergwijn, Lucas)

SQUAD or SELL: Dier, Skipp, Gedson, Foyth, KWP, Jack Clarke, Vorm

Totally agree with that. Can't imagine us spending 50+ on someone like Koulibaly (even tho he's a hunk of burning love) with the whole coronavirus issue. However, there are plenty of deals to be had, and we could do a lot worse than Hojbjerg on the cheap, an extra attacker like Mertens/Fraser/Willian, and then maybe a few young players from clubs who will be under pressure to sell in Max Aarons and Eze.

You basically upgrade your squad in all the key areas for about 50 million pounds, and that's before you sell anybody. I think this would be a great squad going into next year.

23-MAN SQUAD:

TBA = Toe Bee Alderweireld?
DVS = Da' Vinson Sanchez?
JVT = Jan Ver Tonghen?

so....

It'll be an odd window certainly, with more forced sellers, lower prices and anyone who has some capital in a great position.

I wonder whether you'll see trader-Levy trying to capitalise on this? For example, if you believe that football will be back to normal in 12-24 months, then you could make a very tidy profit buying some players this summer given their values could easily double from the low bases this summer. If you dont need them, loan them back to the clubs or loan them out elsewhere

Totally agree with that. Can't imagine us spending 50+ on someone like Koulibaly (even tho he's a hunk of burning love) with the whole coronavirus issue. However, there are plenty of deals to be had, and we could do a lot worse than Hojbjerg on the cheap, an extra attacker like Mertens/Fraser/Willian, and then maybe a few young players from clubs who will be under pressure to sell in Max Aarons and Eze.

23-MAN SQUAD:

I’d prefer we replaced Lloris, stability starts with having trust in the keeper. Would command a fee and could see someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Everton taking him on and paying his wages for the profile of a World Cup winning captain joining the ‘project’. Plus Kane then gets the armband.
I know Aaron’s has a good rep I have concerns about having small defenders, even when Trippier was at his best for us he could still be outmuscled and outpaced by powerful wingers. I’d also like Aurier gone, like Lloris I just don’t trust him.
Sanchez has improved under Mourinho, he has his limitations but as he is still young in centre back terms I’d keep him on, maybe with a positionally aware right back and dm we will see further improvement.
A new contract for Jan was a no brainer for me, until this season. I think he will want at least 2 years so this one will have to be Jose’s call, is his experience and ability enough to justify the wages or would he rather divert the funds towards a replacement.
Tanganga was a real plus, biggest challenge is where is his best position! He might end up covering the area we are least able to strengthen as let’s face it there’s room for improvement across the back line.
I guess Davies stays as a steady Eddie and I think there may be potential for him to become a left sided centre back especially if Jan goes. Sessegnon I’m struggling with, he’s not done anything horribly wrong but for everything he looked like being at Fulham he looks like a rabbit trapped in headlights for us. I’m hoping it’s adapting to a new environment and joining an unsettled set up as opposed to the injury he and before he joined affecting his pace / confidence in his body. Foyth I think has burned his bridges with Mourinho, I do believe there is a player in there but I’m not sure Mourinho has then patience for his decision making risks. **Forgot Rose!! Hopefully Saudi Sportswashing Machine will offer his some decent wages and I think everyone will be happy.
I’m expecting NDombele to be here for next season and with a pre season behind him I’m hoping he can deliver as he really does look a top player on the ball. Lo Celso has made a great start for us and they could become a great pairing especially for games where we expect to dominate possession.
Dier Winks and Sissoko all have different attributes and I don’t see any of them as starters but it is a squad game and all 3 seem like the type of player managers like, they carry out instructions and don’t appear to have egos. Dier is the biggest question mark as I think his contract is running down, again this will be Jose’s call as to what position he sees him playing and if he sees a higher ceiling for him in his recovery to full fitness. If he can tick the boxes on the pitch he’d be a pick for Vice Captain.
I only see a path to the first team for Skipp if Winks goes, so if that remains the case he should get a loan to get more match experience under his belt. He’s done little wrong when called upon but sometimes it takes a run of games for a non goal scoring centre mid to show their value to the team. *Ed. I clean forgot about Gedson, still not sure what type of player he is, he seems raw and has some pace and tekkers, so will give him the benefit of the doubt but as a bench option for a 3 man CM or a wide player in a 4231.
Up top is the one area in which i think we are in a decent starting position. Alli needs competition for his position but his partnership with Kane is a big plus for us. Lamela has to go purely for his lack of availability, which leaves Son Moura and Bergwijn as pace options, which if rotated and stay injury free gives us at least one game changer from the bench. I’ve not seen anything of Clarke, seems a strange signing and i’d really like to be surprised and see him be able to make a contribution rather than become the most expensive signing never to play for us and see his career stagnate due to being an unfortunate pawn in a transfer (why on earth did Leeds want him on loan not play him??). I’ve given up on what the solution is to Kane’s backup but we need someone else who can play with their back to goal who we can chuck on as a plan b, but they won’t start many games and need to stay sharp! If Parrott is ready then we will have been very fortunate, if not then a loan could help him convince other wise. As we saw last season, I could really make a case for any number 9 currently on a Prem bench being an option for us.
I need to have a think about particular players we could go for but in terms of profile:
Keeper - Safe pair of hands and physically dominant. Preferably prem experienced. Would take an English number 2 like Foster to help the squad rules and mentor a potentially younger keeper.
Right back - Tanganga can make a claim here but at least one coming in who is quick, strong, comfortable in a possession based side and can be expected to hit the ground running.
Centre back - at least one coming in, ideally with trophy winning experience but still has legs. If this was our marquee signing it could have a positive impact throughout the spine of the squad. Depending on the Dier and Vertoghen decision and if Tanganga is used as right back we may need another in, potentially a youngster with potential but already with first team experience.
Centre mid - if we look to add here, assuming nfombele stays it’s another area where an experienced winner would add to the options we have, a disciplined holder who keeps the ball.
Attack - someone who would be see being on our bench as a dream move, who would scare the brick out of defenders when they came on with 20 minutes to go but can also play a bit and if Kane misses a chunk of games they would be capable of starting matches. At the risk of receiving a ban - Troy Deeney, there I said it!
Outs: Lloris Lamela KWP Foyth
Managers call on renewal: Dier Vertonghen
Possible fund raisers: Sanchez Ndombele
Loans: Clarke Parrott Skipp

Other than a big chunk on a centre back or reinvesting on a Ndombele replacement post his sale, I agree low cost or free transfers with potentially higher wages will be our MO for the window.

Last edited:
It'll be an odd window certainly, with more forced sellers, lower prices and anyone who has some capital in a great position.

I wonder whether you'll see trader-Levy trying to capitalise on this? For example, if you believe that football will be back to normal in 12-24 months, then you could make a very tidy profit buying some players this summer given their values could easily double from the low bases this summer. If you dont need them, loan them back to the clubs or loan them out elsewhere
You man like pool have done with a few players like solanke and Shaquiri...
yeah I see a Fraser being exactly that
A no loss option
Doesn’t work out his fee would be greater than any wages we outlay

You man like pool have done with a few players like solanke and Shaquiri...
yeah I see a Fraser being exactly that
A no loss option
Doesn’t work out his fee would be greater than any wages we outlay

Only if you can shift him after a bad season, if he gets a big contract he wont want to leave. Levy has complained about the difficulties in shifting cack players on.

Only if you can shift him after a bad season, if he gets a big contract he wont want to leave. Levy has complained about the difficulties in shifting cack players on.
Levy has moaned about shifting players on who were getting paid too much money and we needed a few for as we paid for them

the benefit here is no fee

Back