• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Very good player, but for me he seems to pretty much only thrive in a fairly free #10 role. If they can build the team around him, and I'm sure Ancelotti could, he could be a very good signing.

29 years old and rather sketchy seasons for quite a few years though. Will have to adjust to a new league and club, seems like a decent enough signing at that fee to me.

It probably spells the end for Sigurdsson at Everton.

Could be. With enough games they could be both used at different times. Not sure if they can effectively fit both into the team though.

Not being able to fit both in the same team was my thinking. I think that Sigurdsson Is meant to be on quite big wages and is 30 now. I suspect they will want him off the payroll if he is not going to be a first team regular.

Feels weird to have started the transfer window addressing key areas. Backup keeper. Solid CM. Right back more or less done.

Backup for Kane would be amazing.

Sell a few and happy Jose I reckon.
I think that's what Jose is going for... Stability and strength for more balance across the pitch, while he has superstars in Kane, son and potentially dele to build the game around.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Fapatalk

Not being able to fit both in the same team was my thinking. I think that Sigurdsson Is meant to be on quite big wages and is 30 now. I suspect they will want him off the payroll if he is not going to be a first team regular.
Talk of siggy going off to America

any news or rumours on Rose? is he going?

Would hope there is a Saudi Sportswashing Machine deal on the cards, maybe their ownership issues haven't helped and as such the funds aren't immediately available. I'd happily take lower payments maybe like 5/6m spread over three seasons as we get steady income and take the average age of the squad down a fair bit too, ideally Sess can step up as not many people missed the current Rose following his loan move..

Had a bit of time away from devices / phones and suchlike, and am very disappointed to not to have come back to thousands of sexy rumours...Some leicester player and lukewarm chatter about King or Wilson. Boooooooooooooo.

Same here. The only devices I was handling in recent days were named DeWalt and Nikon. Very frustrating to come back online and not be wallowing in all sorts of ridiculous rumours and speculation. Can't believe Jose is still manager. It's all gone too sensible for my liking.

Doucoure is probably a decent deal, and I dont think that price is too bad - would have probably been £40m a year ago.

James strikes me as the sort of overseas player who will be a complete flop in the UK. Good thing for Everton is that given he's 29, this is probably his last major move. Lets see whether he's motivated, or just rich enough already
Docoure is iMO a class player and really under rated
He runs all days and starts and finishes things which is quite rare nowadays
Allan I’ve never seen and James could be great again... Or another name that fails

Very good player, but for me he seems to pretty much only thrive in a fairly free #10 role. If they can build the team around him, and I'm sure Ancelotti could, he could be a very good signing.

29 years old and rather sketchy seasons for quite a few years though. Will have to adjust to a new league and club, seems like a decent enough signing at that fee to me.

I've seen a lot of Madrid, James is a player that hasn't been good for many years now (never quite lived up to that World Cup anyway), add in the PL adjustment .. huge risk ..

@Yiddo yes he has ..

Ok, below is all borrowed (so trying to give appropriate credit)

Great user (ExileTHFC) on Reddit thread has summarized it (on Reddit/r/coys)

Spurs are targeting a CB, ST and potentially a winger still this window. So far, Jose has been pleased with Spurs' dealings and Doherty is a really good purchase for what Jose wants.

- Ndombele situation is that the player is keen to have another season but would respect Spurs' wishes. Fabrizio thinks theres a good chance he remains at Spurs given the boards' appreciation for the player. Mourinho has no doubt over his ability but his application needs to match it. Spurs supposedly would ask for around €30m + Skriniar if a deal is to be done with Inter involving the 2 players.

- Aurier has suitors in both Leverkusen and AC Milan but Spurs won't budge on the €20m fee they've assigned. As a side point, Fabrizio says Spurs have a reputation now that if any player is to be sold, they simply won't budge on the price they've set and he said its something clubs are just not used to dealing with!

- On Eriksen, he doesn't see Inter selling Eriksen and that Spurs did ask apparently to have him back but Fabrizio asked Inter's directors who declined it. Inter remain certain he will stay.

- Spurs need to sell to buy but this is the same for basically any club. Of course some opportunities can change this but it's just the way it is around football.

- On striker targets, Fabrizio thinks the options at strikers will be hard to come by. Not much info here but rules out a player such as Diego Costa and Suarez. He remains very sure they'll be getting a striker. PL experience isn't a necessity either but he feels that a PL proven striker is most likely.

- On Bale, he echoes that Spurs would love Bale back and everyone at the club would. He says it's still extremely unlikely unless something extraordinary happens. He thinks the Mourinho element doesn't add much to the potential of it either.

- on DYBALA, Spurs has a total agreement with Juventus over the transfer fee (as did Man United). Juventus' director arrived in London and had agreed to sell him. Dybala's agent received a great offer from Spurs but the player really didn't want to leave Juventus. Fabrizio says there is literally no more that Spurs could do. Fabrizio says it came down to Dybala and didn't mention image rights.

- On left back opportunities, Fabrizio says there is no links or has no info on a LB. He says Reguillon has been offered around to other clubs including Spurs but there isn't anything at the moment.

- On the winger links, the players Spurs are interested in Leon Bailey and are tracking him. The issue on this is that Leverkusen are cash-rich because of the Havertz sale so it might be tough to see it happen. He's not sure on many other names.

- On CBs, Kim Min-Jae, Fabrizio says it wasn't a very progressed deal at all. He says Jose really does want a new CB.

- For Zaniolo, this summer is not a possibility. He says Spurs are massive on him and would move mountains to bring him in if they could. The new owners have absolutely no interest to sell him. Maybe in future but no chance now.

- On Millik, Spurs do like the player and did have a conversation with his agents but Juventus looks to be likely with him. He says Millik might become available should Dzeko be the choice for Juventus but time will tell.

- On Coutinho, Spurs have been offered the player but Spurs aren't particularly interested at all.

- For Foyth and Rose, Foyth is likelier to stay and there is an Italian club that asked for a loan but Spurs refused. Foyth is apparently available for about €15m. He has no info on Rose.

- Gazzaniga, Lamela, Sissoko and Winks - Spurs could listen to bids. Gazzaniga looks to be leaving. Lamela he says loves the club and doesn't want to go.

- On Hugo's contract, Spurs are in discussions over his contract extension with his agents. This is a priority after the window closes.

- For Pochettino, Fabrizio says it was tough to see him ever at Barcelona. Poch's contract wherever he ends up is going to be quite lucrative so the COVID situation hasn't helped.

- Fabrizio says he expects Spurs to end up with a CB, ST and winger all this window.

Back