• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

We might want to hold onto some of our fringe players until we get through the Europa qualification/league cup fixture congestion. The window is open until October and longer than that for FL loans, so there is plenty of time.

Agreed, I was thinking the same. I cant see that both Aurier and Foyth would be allowed to leave before the end of Sept, so I'd expect Aurier to go if we can get a deal done and then Foyth either loaned or sold afterwards. Personally I'd like him to stay mind you.

I reckon we might end up having to loan Rose out too and to a club which is beneath where he thinks he is. There don't seem to be much interest in him and he won't want to go to Fulham permanently

Real priority is getting a CF in

We need to get the striker situation out by mid sept or we will be sending Kane/Son to the far side of Europe and the same process of flogging the players starts over again

only new out I can see before end of sept is Rose/Serge - even Rose might get some game time.

Last edited:
One thing is buying a shed load of expensive players, another thing is getting them to gel and function as a team. That rarely happens instantly, and will hopefully not this time either.

It's bigger than that.

I don't think Lampard is a great manager, and certainly not an experienced one. Last season, top 4 based on youngsters and ban was seen as an achievement.

If they spend 200M+ on these big names, it's to compete for title, not top 4, no time to gel and a ton of pressure ..

Or Josh King given his contract situation
I would make Josh King favourite. Unless Bournemouth get offered big money I think they will keep Wilson for another season to try to bounce straight back up to the PL, if they fail then he'll still have 2 years left on his contract and command a good fee. They don't have that same luxury with King.

I know we're into the season soon but I think that we can actually sit and wait a little with our backup CF signing. I think it will really turn into a buyers market towards the end of the window and I can see some very good players even being available on loans, which might suit us. If we can pick up Josh King for about £8 million in the interim then we might as well do it but otherwise, for once, I don't mind us sitting tight as the usual rules don't and won't apply this summer when it comes to the time late in the window.

I would make Josh King favourite. Unless Bournemouth get offered big money I think they will keep Wilson for another season to try to bounce straight back up to the PL, if they fail then he'll still have 2 years left on his contract and command a good fee. They don't have that same luxury with King.

I know we're into the season soon but I think that we can actually sit and wait a little with our backup CF signing. I think it will really turn into a buyers market towards the end of the window and I can see some very good players even being available on loans, which might suit us. If we can pick up Josh King for about £8 million in the interim then we might as well do it but otherwise, for once, I don't mind us sitting tight as the usual rules don't and won't apply this summer when it comes to the time late in the window.

I don’t think we are in a position to wait for the striker signing.

The issue with Bournemouth is Wilson is high wages ..

The issue with Bournemouth is Wilson is high wages ..
They have already lost high earners and will lose some others. They could keep Wilson on his £100k a week or King on his £50k a week (I'm guessing both player's wages here). Granted keeping Wilson instead of King for a year costs them £2.5 million but King is worth zero in a year's time whereas Wilson is likely to retain his transfer value (especially under the assumption that we're all back to normal post covid at that point). If somebody comes in and pays £20 to £25m for Wilson then they would probably sell but I can't see them doing so for anything less than that sort of number.

Yeah he does

Agreed, I think he ticks the box for back-up CF role quite well:
- PL proven
- can lead the line
- could probably play with Kane as well as stand-in for him given his pace and given he's a no 9
- home grown
- puts himself about, which Jose likes
- this will be the best move he gets
- we're unlikely to get better without the player wanting to be a starter
- short contract which suits our financial position
- as a bench option for most PL games, I think he'd work well - a CB wouldn't want a quick strong coming off the bench in the 70th min to run at him

This. Don't see why it's a bad deal?
Very good player, but for me he seems to pretty much only thrive in a fairly free #10 role. If they can build the team around him, and I'm sure Ancelotti could, he could be a very good signing.

29 years old and rather sketchy seasons for quite a few years though. Will have to adjust to a new league and club, seems like a decent enough signing at that fee to me.

Back