• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

For me, as good as Eriksen has been over recent weeks, he does seems to play well in patches and i if we can get a world class upgrade on Eriksen then it should be done.

Going forward it is going to be very, very difficult to upgrade any of our first 11 then 5 or so players after. We need that 1 in a million player unfortunately and they dont come along too often. Chelsea have Hazard, City have de Bruyne, Barca, Madrid, Munich, Monaco all of theirs...

For me, as good as Eriksen has been over recent weeks, he does seems to play well in patches and i if we can get a world class upgrade on Eriksen then it should be done.

Going forward it is going to be very, very difficult to upgrade any of our first 11 then 5 or so players after. We need that 1 in a million player unfortunately and they dont come along too often. Chelsea have Hazard, City have de Bruyne, Barca, Madrid, Munich, Monaco all of theirs...

Wow. Who is the world class upgrade on Eriksen that we would a) want; b) be willing to pay the transfer fee for; and c) pay the wages for? (And you do go on to say that upgrading any of our first 11 will be very, very difficult. That includes Eriksen, presumably).
If we can get someone relatively comparable to challenge Eriksen and act as back up then that would be a successful foray into the transfer market. But an upgrade on Eriksen himself? Keeping him will be our challenge, much more so than upgrading him.

Wow. Who is the world class upgrade on Eriksen that we would a) want; b) be willing to pay the transfer fee for; and c) pay the wages for? (And you do go on to say that upgrading any of our first 11 will be very, very difficult. That includes Eriksen, presumably).
If we can get someone relatively comparable to challenge Eriksen and act as back up then that would be a successful foray into the transfer market. But an upgrade on Eriksen himself? Keeping him will be our challenge, much more so than upgrading him.

I just dont think he does enough over a full season. Yes he has played well last 10 or so games but there have been periods of this season where, lets face it, he has been carried.

Now, im not saying an upgrade on CE is out there for us, as i said, this would pretty much be one of the top, top players of world football but for me it is where we need to upgrade; that special, special player.

I honestly cant see any first 11 signings this summer as i dont see how they can be improved for the £30 odd million they would each cost and as you say, and upgrade on CE would be £50 million + easy.

I just dont think he does enough over a full season. Yes he has played well last 10 or so games but there have been periods of this season where, lets face it, he has been carried.

Now, im not saying an upgrade on CE is out there for us, as i said, this would pretty much be one of the top, top players of world football but for me it is where we need to upgrade; that special, special player.

I honestly cant see any first 11 signings this summer as i dont see how they can be improved for the £30 odd million they would each cost and as you say, and upgrade on CE would be £50 million + easy.

I think that you are ignoring that he is only just beginning to enter his prime as a player and that there is more to come from him yet. Even the best players have fluctuating form but I think Eriksen's ineffectiveness when he is off form is overstated. He's got the second most assists in the league this season, an upgrade is likely to be beyond our means.

He did have a slow start this season, although I think he came in for far more stick than was truly warranted. He was great last season (and maybe it was the expectation from last season that led to criticism when he seemed to drop off in effectiveness). But he has gone to another level altogether these past few months. Surely we should want to encourage that, build on that, and reward that, rather than look for a replacement.

That would be hard seeing as he is already in that class.

We need that 1 in a million player unfortunately and they dont come along too often. Chelsea have Hazard, City have de Bruyne, Barca, Madrid, Munich, Monaco all of theirs...

We have that player. His name is Christian Dannemann Eriksen. His stats bear me out on this - whether consistent or inconsistent, he is the man who single-handedly keeps our side ticking when we rev into form, and provides a baseline of attacking impetus when we're struggling and out of form.

I really wouldn't swap him for anyone in the Prem - off form or on form, he fits our team like a glove.

I have to say, since Xmas he has risen up, and grown into his full potential and will only get stronger as he matures.I think he is currently irreplaceabe - not something I said 5 or 6 months ago, but he is the quintessential 'found another gear' talent.

We have that player. His name is Christian Dannemann Eriksen. His stats bear me out on this - whether consistent or inconsistent, he is the man who single-handedly keeps our side ticking when we rev into form, and provides a baseline of attacking impetus when we're struggling and out of form.

I really wouldn't swap him for anyone in the Prem - off form or on form, he fits our team like a glove.

It's scary isnt it that someone is even contemplating an upgrade

This season he has been better than hazard and De Bruyne a season proven by the number of goals and assist he has scored and created. Doesn't matter if he has some game showers he hasn't been as effective as that will always happen

What matters is that he still achieves the highest number if assist and double figure goals whilst playing the odd bad game

Can you imagine if Chelsea had upgraded on Hazard? I mean, he wasn't that good last season, was he?

That's the same level thinking that I'm seeing with Eriksen. All top players will have patches of form in which they don't shine so much, but when they do shine you can really see the difference and few shine quite as brightly as Eriksen. For me, Eriksen is irreplacable. He makes the team tick, he creates a huge amount of chances for the team, and in doing so posts a high number of assists. He has the ability to score more goals, but he's been getting more in 2017, so that 'weakness' is being addressed.

He works tirelessly for the team and runs further than any of our other players. I remember seeing stars lately which showed that in the majority of games that he has played, he has run the furthest each game. So he fights for the cause and works hard.

I am confused as to how we upgrade on the heartbeat of our team. Upgrading on a player that scores, assists, creates chances, has the team ticking, works hard and is only just getting in to the peak years of his career.

Forget upgrading on him, let's hope we keep him for a long time to come!

What we should be doing with Eriksen is finding his eventual successor and bringing them through so that they are ready to fill his place in the squad when he does eventually leave.

I honestly don't know who is better than Eriksen. Maybe those who want an upgrade do?

Eriksen and Kane are irreplaceable imo. Stats are overrated, but check his out, its clear he's one of the best players in the league.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
What we should be doing with Eriksen is finding his eventual successor and bringing them through so that they are ready to fill his place in the squad when he does eventually leave.

We have Edwards who looks made for that as and when is ready

Back