• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Indeed. We have to hope that Levy can do better than this or another season of pain and bitter disappointment awaits.

The club is run solely on its own resources.

Due to obvious reasons we therefore have £0 to spend in the window.

In a year or two our transfer budget can start to grow again but there is some good raw materials in that squad for a talented man manager like rodgers to mould and get a consistent tune out of.

Last edited:
The club is run solely on its on own resources.

Due to obvious reasons we therefore have £0 to spend in the window.

In a year or two our transfer budget can start to grow again but there is some good raw materials in that squad for a talented man manager like rodgers to mould and get a consistent tune out of.

It doesnt necessarily have to be net zero - we could obviously borrow a bit or try to stage payments well enough to push the cash cost into future years

That said, I do agree that it'll either be close to zero or zero (net) but equally we probably have cash coming in for Foyth, we presumably wont keep both Dier and sanchez if we're signing at least one CB, I'd question whether we need Davies if we have Reguilon and Sessegnon, we probably dont need Sissoko if Skipp is coming back,....thats say £60m cash in, assuming there are takers for them. Spend £20m on Anderson and use the rest plus a little more a CF and RW. Then if you sell Aurier and sign another RB...possibly cash neutral or minimal spend again

I think its possible to solve a number of our problems/gaps (CB, RB, RW, back-up CF) with close to net zero spend....

It doesnt necessarily have to be net zero - we could obviously borrow a bit or try to stage payments well enough to push the cash cost into future years

That said, I do agree that it'll either be close to zero or zero (net) but equally we probably have cash coming in for Foyth, we presumably wont keep both Dier and sanchez if we're signing at least one CB, I'd question whether we need Davies if we have Reguilon and Sessegnon, we probably dont need Sissoko if Skipp is coming back,....thats say £60m cash in, assuming there are takers for them. Spend £20m on Anderson and use the rest plus a little more a CF and RW. Then if you sell Aurier and sign another RB...possibly cash neutral or minimal spend again

I think its possible to solve a number of our problems/gaps (CB, RB, RW, back-up CF) with close to net zero spend....

Foyth has huge potential and should be kept over an ageing bafoon like doherty.

Foyth has been shortlisted for the la liga team of the season.

Foyth has huge potential and should be kept over an ageing bafoon like doherty.

Foyth has been shortlisted for the la liga team of the season.

I like Foyth but Villareal has an option to buy him so its probably out of our hands.

Doherty was good at Wolves, but was an odd signing for us. Not only as a WB rather than FB but also given that he was 28 so not old and therefore free like Hart, but not in our usual age range for signings. There's a strong case for selling both him and Aurier (as well as Foyth leaving) and signing two RBs

Looking increasingly likely this will be Brendan’s squad next season.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Alderweireld, Andersen, Rodon, Tanganga
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele
Bale, Lucas, Bergwijn, Son
Kane, Parrott

The two new arrivals costing a combined maximum of £50m should be covered by the many outgoings. And thats the remit I’m afraid - sell before we can buy.
Increasingly likely as in 1.1% likely compared to 1% the day before?

I'd imagine we'd have to gamble on someone at the level of Victor Osimhen. Our best bet might be to insist on getting someone like Greenwood, Martial or Jesus in part-exchange.
No chance on Greenwood.

The other two might work.
Jury is out on Jesus for me - one week I think he looks fantastic, the next I think he think he looks like someone that needs quality around them to be effective (like Ihenacho)

£20m too.

Seriously, first thing we need to do before a manager or players is sort out structure out.
Step 1 - gets Leicester's scouting and buying team

There's going to be some serious bargains to be had from France this summer; no doubt our scouting team will miss them and sign another GKN or Njie

On the subject of wingers though, I watched Rennes last week and Jeremy Doku was impressive. 18 year old Belgian RW. Only moved to them last year and for €26m - the sort of deal we should be doing

There's going to be some serious bargains to be had from France this summer; no doubt our scouting team will miss them and sign another GKN or Njie

On the subject of wingers though, I watched Rennes last week and Jeremy Doku was impressive. 18 year old Belgian RW. Only moved to them last year and for €26m - the sort of deal we should be doing
He is very highly thought of for sure.

We are back to key barrier - what style the new manager will play. Will he want a winger?

Back