• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

We have spent ~£25M, Gollini & Romero are technically still loans

Foyth, Toby, Hart, Cirkin probably offset £18-£20M of that £25M spend, If CCV didn't get injured we probably would be at net zero (he had three clubs interested at a fee of around £5M)

All direction from club is we wanted another CB, RB and CM/RW

Unfortunately if Aurier, Sissoko, and one of Dier or Sanchez don't head out, we will have too many players in those positions (plus we could do with the cash)
When we were trying to put various expensive deals together earlier this summer I said that it was likely that we were spending the money we thought we'd be bringing in for selling Kane..... Those deals drifting and now going cold shows that in all likelihood that was the case. It's great that we brought in Paratici, otherwise I think we would've struggled to strengthen at all this summer.

Every summer we hear the "ITKs" say that we're going to spend big money and its coming from another source - Lewis putting money in for example (yeah right!!!) or a stadium sponsorship landing). It never happens.

I'm actually surprised that we have committed to as many deals as we have, though we're pushing the payments into 2022 and 2023 of course. With us doing this though we may not be able to do as much strengthening as we hope next summer unless we see a new revenue stream coming along such as qualifying for the CL or finally nailing the elusive stadium sponsor.

Kounde and Rimero would make Dier look like a GHod. Probably sell him for 80 mil to City after one season. He would go there, head out of the box that one cross City give away per game and continue to be viewed as a GHod.
I'm not convinced about Kounde. May well be proved wrong but he looks a little overrated so far to me.

I agree

a meh window for me - mainly due to our outgoings

Yes agreed , we are not any stronger .

No back up Striker , Bale gone , Toby for Romero ok that’s not bad but not proven. Toby had faults but you’d get 7/10 most weeks.

Gil ? Not sure on him. No 2 keeper yeah ok

If that’s it a bang average window. Especially as we still got a load of rubbish collecting a wage.

No back up Striker , Bale gone , Toby for Romero ok that’s not bad but not proven. Toby had faults but you’d get 7/10 most weeks.

Gil ? Not sure on him. No 2 keeper yeah so what.

If that’s it a bang average window. Especially as we still got a load of rubbish collecting a wage.

It's the rubbish collecting waste that's probably stopping us signing the calibre of player that we need.

For all auriers sounding off that big clubs are after him and he's going to leave ... just go .... please.

Winks is bang average and needs to realise that his career will be set back further still if his agent can't find him a club.

Sissoko needs to go.

Dier has no links with a move away which is a shame.

Sanchez is only part of the problem but is showing signs of improvement.

The time is ticking and I just don't think Patrici is a miracle worker.

Realistically with all the names that we have supposedly been linked with there seems to be activity.

Gil ? Not sure on him. No 2 keeper yeah ok

It would surprise me if we dont do some business before the window SLAMS closed on Tuesday night.

I'd have thought 1-2 incomings and outgoings are possible - maybe Sissoko is holding off on that Qatar deal to see whether something better comes up, Sanchez to Sevilla, we've been hawking Tubby around, a loan taker for Serge in a tier 2 league like one of the bigger Turskish or Russian teams etc...you'd hope that at least one of those will bite and then we'll get in a replacement, even if not the same position

Main concern for me is lack of CF back-ups...

It would surprise me if we dont do some business before the window SLAMS closed on Tuesday night.

I'd have thought 1-2 incomings and outgoings are possible - maybe Sissoko is holding off on that Qatar deal to see whether something better comes up, Sanchez to Sevilla, we've been hawking Tubby around, a loan taker for Serge in a tier 2 league like one of the bigger Turskish or Russian teams etc...you'd hope that at least one of those will bite and then we'll get in a replacement, even if not the same position

Main concern for me is lack of CF back-ups...
Let’s hope so .

I’ve seen and heard some nonsense from Spurs social media stuff about our squad and challenging for top 4/6 it’s laughable.

We’ve regressed on the pitch in last 3 seasons and not made to many good squad additions.

Tanguy , Doherty , Lo Celso all been poor additions in my view . There’s been Money spent but poorly.

We are building from a position of weakness and what we have signed does not move us forward. Just holding station. It’s a concern.

Back