• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

don't appeal i agree.
earn too much? i thought we don't pay top salaries, just good bonuses?
We don't pay the top salaries to the top players but we do pay good salaries relative to our position and their quality to some mediocre players. Ie. A Sissoko on supposedly 100k+ a week. He's not a player that will interest any better teams than our own, he won't even interest comparable sides. He's only going to appeal to lower half PL teams or lower ranked teams in the other euro leagues yet he earns far to much for those teams to take a serious interest. Hence instead he probably only goes to Turkey or the middle East where they still hold some interest in former name players from the big leagues (not that he was ever that). And that's the problem with all the deadweight we have, they earn too much relative to their quality and the teams who might be interested.

I heard something too. Something about a change in the rules regarding clubs releasing players for internationals. But i can't remember the context, or if it was about South America. It may have been just a proposal

Just seen this -

Premier League clubs have unanimously decided not to release players for international matches played in red list countries next month. This will apply to nearly 60 players from 19 clubs who are due to travel to 26 red list countries in the September international window.

6:23 PM · Aug 24, 2021·Twitter for Android

Retweets

Quote Tweets

Alasdair Gold
@AlasdairGold

·
13h

Replying to
@AlasdairGold
This follows FIFA’s current position not to extend its temporary release exception for players required to quarantine on their return from international duty.

Alasdair Gold
@AlasdairGold

·
13h

This would currently apply to Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero who face Argentina matches in Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina, which are all red list. Davinson Sanchez's Colombia matches are also all in red list countries.

Alasdair Gold
@AlasdairGold

·
13h

If he's still at the club, Serge Aurier's Ivory Coast match in Mozambique would also be a problem as that country is on the red list.

I wonder if PSV getting knocked out of CL qualification yesterday changes anything about a potential move for Noni Madueke who has been linked?

Haven't read anything on particular about PSV being in financial difficulties, but surely missing out on CL football would make their negotiation position a bit weaker?

On the subject of Athletico, they're willing to let Saul go out on loan.

Maybe we should take him for a year, and then re-assess next summer (Skipp 1 year older, Dele proven or disproven in CM, same with GLC, Sarr rocking up....)

On the subject of Athletico, they're willing to let Saul go out on loan.

Maybe we should take him for a year, and then re-assess next summer (Skipp 1 year older, Dele proven or disproven in CM, same with GLC, Sarr rocking up....)
Let the last week madness begin. Can't see Saul wanting to come here, can't see bigger clubs but swooping in if he's available for a decent deal. But hey, who knows, stranger things may have happened?

On a related, last week note. Is there a perfect storm brewing? Levy's fondness for a last minute deal when clubs are feeling the pressure of the window closing. Paratici working on 10 potential deals at the same time. Corona having decimated the economic situation for many clubs. TV deal dropping in France...

Did Levy knowingly get Paratici as the DoF knowing that his contacts and ability to work on 20 deals at the same time would make him the perfect partner in late deal crimes?

Will anyone even be able to get hold of Paratici to complete a deal with him working simultaneously on 30 deals across three phones? Will the missed call be the missed deal as Saul finds his way to Arsenal because Paratici couldn't pick up the phone when the call came in from Madrid because he was busy talking to some Argentinian club about some teenager we won't sign anyway?

Action stations last week madness incoming, Paratici completing a record number of the 40 deals he has going at all times? Or a whimper and a loan deal for a backup player from Benfica?

Let the last week madness begin. Can't see Saul wanting to come here, can't see bigger clubs but swooping in if he's available for a decent deal. But hey, who knows, stranger things may have happened?

On a related, last week note. Is there a perfect storm brewing? Levy's fondness for a last minute deal when clubs are feeling the pressure of the window closing. Paratici working on 10 potential deals at the same time. Corona having decimated the economic situation for many clubs. TV deal dropping in France...

Did Levy knowingly get Paratici as the DoF knowing that his contacts and ability to work on 20 deals at the same time would make him the perfect partner in late deal crimes?

Will anyone even be able to get hold of Paratici to complete a deal with him working simultaneously on 30 deals across three phones? Will the missed call be the missed deal as Saul finds his way to Arsenal because Paratici couldn't pick up the phone when the call came in from Madrid because he was busy talking to some Argentinian club about some teenager we won't sign anyway?

Action stations last week madness incoming, Paratici completing a record number of the 40 deals he has going at all times? Or a whimper and a loan deal for a backup player from Benfica?
This would be the perfect circumstance for us other than one thing.... Our club's requirement to get a player out before we bring one in.

There will be all sorts of deals to be done in the coming week. We could take advantage and really strengthen our squad for now and the future but we will have to be prepared to increase our wage bill, seriously subsidise some departures and also potentially have several players remaining at the club and getting paid yet not in either/both of the PL or ESL squads.

Previous history just tells me that we won't be prepared to do this so I unfortunately I don't expect us to bring more than one or perhaps, if we're lucky, two more players in (after Sarr who isn't arriving until next season anyway).

Big week for Paratici.

So far we’ve spent 50m on a defender that looks to be class.

35m on a winger that likely won’t affect the PL team (the man he replaced has 3 league goals already this season in Spain).

A sub keeper.

Big week for Paratici.

35m on a winger that likely won’t affect the PL team (the man he replaced has 3 league goals already this season in Spain).

A sub keeper.

Who is this 35m winger?

This would be the perfect circumstance for us other than one thing.... Our club's requirement to get a player out before we bring one in.

There will be all sorts of deals to be done in the coming week. We could take advantage and really strengthen our squad for now and the future but we will have to be prepared to increase our wage bill, seriously subsidise some departures and also potentially have several players remaining at the club and getting paid yet not in either/both of the PL or ESL squads.

Previous history just tells me that we won't be prepared to do this so I unfortunately I don't expect us to bring more than one or perhaps, if we're lucky, two more players in (after Sarr who isn't arriving until next season anyway).

Just an oversight in my post. Paratici is obviously also moving on 10 different potential deals for each of our outgoing players simultaneously.

To be somewhat more serious for a second, I agree with most of what you say.

Nuno has taken a fairly clear stance on a few of our players. Winks at least has been involved and played in Portugal. Others have been completely out of match day squads even in the Conference League and preseason. Sissoko was an unused sub in preseason otherwise nowhere to be seen, not even in the squad against Pacos. Unless there are (to me) unknown fitness/injury issues.

Not his job to motivate players to play for Spurs, but I don't think Sissoko would have just downed tools, I think it's more a decision being made by Nuno, probably/hopefully with Paratici on board.

Crunch time for some of these deals now. Having players stick around despite not being wanted around isn't good for anyone. Nuno having to reintegrate players he doesn't rate and didn't want to stick around can't be good either.

Contracts running out next season (Aurier), or the year after (Sissoko) with any potential future transfer fee probably at best barely covering their wages up to that point.

Something has to give if Paratici can't find a deal we're actually happy with. That something being Paratici finding a deal we're not actually happy with, but making it anyway would be my guess. Even a loan deal covering some of their wages.

Just an oversight in my post. Paratici is obviously also moving on 10 different potential deals for each of our outgoing players simultaneously.

To be somewhat more serious for a second, I agree with most of what you say.

Nuno has taken a fairly clear stance on a few of our players. Winks at least has been involved and played in Portugal. Others have been completely out of match day squads even in the Conference League and preseason. Sissoko was an unused sub in preseason otherwise nowhere to be seen, not even in the squad against Pacos. Unless there are (to me) unknown fitness/injury issues.

Not his job to motivate players to play for Spurs, but I don't think Sissoko would have just downed tools, I think it's more a decision being made by Nuno, probably/hopefully with Paratici on board.

Crunch time for some of these deals now. Having players stick around despite not being wanted around isn't good for anyone. Nuno having to reintegrate players he doesn't rate and didn't want to stick around can't be good either.

Contracts running out next season (Aurier), or the year after (Sissoko) with any potential future transfer fee probably at best barely covering their wages up to that point.

Something has to give if Paratici can't find a deal we're actually happy with. That something being Paratici finding a deal we're not actually happy with, but making it anyway would be my guess. Even a loan deal covering some of their wages.
And that can work if we have a DOF able to juggle all the variables

Big week for Paratici.

A sub keeper.

We have spent ~£25M, Gollini & Romero are technically still loans

Foyth, Toby, Hart, Cirkin probably offset £18-£20M of that £25M spend, If CCV didn't get injured we probably would be at net zero (he had three clubs interested at a fee of around £5M)

All direction from club is we wanted another CB, RB and CM/RW

Unfortunately if Aurier, Sissoko, and one of Dier or Sanchez don't head out, we will have too many players in those positions (plus we could do with the cash)

Foyth, Toby, Hart, Cirkin probably offset £18-£20M of that £25M spend, If CCV didn't get injured we probably would be at net zero (he had three clubs interested at a fee of around £5M)

Unfortunately if Aurier, Sissoko, and one of Dier or Sanchez don't head out, we will have too many players in those positions (plus we could do with the cash)

I sort of had hoped we had gone down a hardline route with the players we want rid of, dont give them a squad number etc.

Not like they are all going to get minutes.

All correct I assume.

The point of my message was we haven’t really added anything to the squad that’s going to make a positive impact apart from the CB (and Toby departed for that).

Quite a lot of Prem mins have departed, Bale, Lamela….and Vini was used a fair amount in the cups too.

You’ll agree we’re a little short?

All correct I assume.

The point of my message was we haven’t really added anything to the squad that’s going to make a positive impact apart from the CB (and Toby departed for that).

Quite a lot of Prem mins have departed, Bale, Lamela….and Vini was used a fair amount in the cups too.

You’ll agree we’re a little short?

Yes, we are short

- Gollini and Gil are good buys but long term
- Romero hopefully settles in quickly
- Skipp will be an addition to the first 11.

I'd say we still need a 2nd striker and possibly a RW minimum (we have Son, Bergwijn, Gil & Lucas for wings, only Lucas has a right side preference)

If we sell Aurier -> need a RB
If we sell Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks -> we need a CM

Back