• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Messi also wanted Romero at Barca.

Not sure he'd fit into our wage structure though!

Just for Shîts and Giggles what was his wages going to be this year (I heard he offered to sign for Barca for significantly less than the 1m per week he was getting in his last contract)

Just for Shîts and Giggles what was his wages going to be this year (I heard he offered to sign for Barca for significantly less than the 1m per week he was getting in his last contract)

I read he was on €71m per year, but would take a 50% cut, so €35m or £30m ish. Our £200k cap is £10m, so Danny would need to offer him a £20m signing fee

I read he was on €71m per year, but would take a 50% cut, so €35m or £30m ish. Our £200k cap is £10m, so Danny would need to offer him a £20m signing fee
That will still leave 140 from Kane’s sale to buy a couple to number 9s and anther centre back.

So realistically where can he go? City pull the plug on Grealish maybe chuck Villa some compo if they have spent the money on advance? Or PSG?

City, PSG, the US or go back to Argentina and play for fun
The US doesn’t really count football wise though and he could still do that in a few years time, I thought if it wasn’t money driven he’s stay at Barca?

what about chelsea??:eek:

The US doesn’t really count football wise though and he could still do that in a few years time, I thought if it wasn’t money driven he’s stay at Barca?

what about chelsea??:eek:

The us could buy collectively and offer him a franchise.

Here is our squad at present with just over a week to go until our first game of the season:

Lloris
Gollini
Whiteman
Doherty
Aurier
Tanganga
Romero
Sanchez
Dier
CCV
Rodon
CCV
Regulion
Sessegnon
Davies
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Sissoko
Winks
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele
Moura
Bergwijn
Gil
Son
Kane

What do we think?.... A 6th/7th sort of squad that would become a 9th/10th sort of squad with no Harry Kane?
Looks rather average. Lacks a range of good CBs, I'm happy we have signed Romero but his quality for us remains to be proven. The rest of the CBs are either inexperienced or brick. [emoji52]

The FB situation seems dire. We want to sell Aurier but we only have Doherty as the alternative and he's been bloody awful.

Midfield looks troubled if we aren't able to get something functional from Ndombele/Lo Celso. There is a rather desperate lack of guile and creativity on the middle of the park if neither of them start playing to the level we expect.

Forward line is decent but possibly still lacking any quality on the right hand side (Gil[emoji1696][emoji28]). If Kane were to leave as it stands the forward line looks very midtable.

We have 1 week before the first game and once again you have to say we look woefully under prepared for the season ahead. I don't know if anything can be expected to change this week. [emoji848]

We have 1 week before the first game and once again you have to say we look woefully under prepared for the season ahead. I don't know if anything can be expected to change this week. [emoji848]
Yeh but think of all the wages Levy has saved by not signing players until the end August (like he normally tries too)
No matter who the manager is or what the situation is nothing ever changes with our club

Looks rather average. Lacks a range of good CBs, I'm happy we have signed Romero but his quality for us remains to be proven. The rest of the CBs are either inexperienced or brick. [emoji52]

The FB situation seems dire. We want to sell Aurier but we only have Doherty as the alternative and he's been bloody awful.

Midfield looks troubled if we aren't able to get something functional from Ndombele/Lo Celso. There is a rather desperate lack of guile and creativity on the middle of the park if neither of them start playing to the level we expect.

Forward line is decent but possibly still lacking any quality on the right hand side (Gil[emoji1696][emoji28]). If Kane were to leave as it stands the forward line looks very midtable.

Yep, very worrying indeed. I think we are trying to improve the squad and maybe by the end of the window we will be looking stronger but the first few games are going to be a struggle, with or without a moody Kane.

We will need Romero and Gil to hit the ground running and hope that someone can come in for that left midfield slot (Lo Celso if fit) if Nuno is gonna stick with the 433.

Back